Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Store items not showing when logged out.

Just noticed the items in the Store categories (except Bundles) don't show when you're logged out. This might be confusing for people that don't have an account yet I think. The only thing you see is a category title and it appears as empty. This might chase potential customers or players away.

I would suggest that it shows the items -that are not KS exclusive- at all times so people can browse freely through the items sold. So they are able to read the descriptions and get hyped on the items and the game. When clicking on the button 'Buy' they should get presented with an account login/.creation window if they are not logged in.

The way it is now might be 'old' code from the payment/bundles page and these changes might already being worked on, but I thought to mention it anyway.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Just noticed the items in the Store categories (except Bundles) don't show when you're logged out. This might be confusing for people that don't have an account yet I think. The only thing you see is a category title and it appears as empty. This might chase potential customers or players away.

I would suggest that it shows the items -that are not KS exclusive- at all times so people can browse freely through the items sold. So they are able to read the descriptions and get hyped on the items and the game. When clicking on the button 'Buy' they should get presented with an account login/.creation window if they are not logged in.

The way it is now might be 'old' code from the payment/bundles page and these changes might already being worked on, but I thought to mention it anyway.

Noticed this too.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.. and gerbils on crowcaine."

I'm sure it prevents mongoloids from buying 5 mounts and a fortress and then complaining on launch when they realize they have no game code. Requiring a bundle first is the right way to go.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I'm sure it prevents mongoloids from buying 5 mounts and a fortress and then complaining on launch when they realize they have no game code. Requiring a bundle first is the right way to go.

True, but you can make that clear in other ways. Like give a warning and redirect them to the bundles page. How it is now, not showing information at all, isn't the correct way to do it either.

ZCcquVD.png

True, but you can make that clear in other ways. Like give a warning and redirect them to the bundles page. How it is now, not showing information at all, isn't the correct way to do it either.

I guess they could grey out the buy button with a caption on the bottom saying [Must purchase a game package first].

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I noticed they changed the Store behavior already. If you go to the Store when logged out, you will be presented with the login window.

Another thing I noticed is that there are no warnings about -when- you receive what you buy. For us it might be clear we don't receive these in a while, but for new people it might not. I think an estimated date with disclaimer should be included in the items description.

ZCcquVD.png

I noticed they changed the Store behavior already. If you go to the Store when logged out, you will be presented with the login window.

Another thing I noticed is that there are no warnings about -when- you receive what you buy. For us it might be clear we don't receive these in a while, but for new people it might not. I think an estimated date with disclaimer should be included in the items description.

Perfect. If you're stupid enough to throw >$60 at a game and not do any research, that's a small life lesson learned.