Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pocket Kingdoms - EKs Are Tiny! (Confused...)

Cut

ACE (and the FAQ) have always given the impression that these "Kingdoms" can be huge ("Mountain Ranges", "Northern Reach", "Wilds", "The Marshlands", etc) and even talk about "Provinces" and "...how one could go about creating something like Westeros"...

Yet the maximum size is 5Km x 5Km  - just about big enough for one Castle + grounds  or 2 or 3 small villages.

How is this going to work?

Cheers

Cut

PS Not a(nother) thread about EK utility - just looking for clarification of an apparent contradiction...

Edited by Cut

Yes, they're about the size of a small city, or a major university. If ACE didn't want them all to be on separate worlds, we could call them city-states.

Of course, the ruler of a city-state in ancient times was often called "King". 

Let's not be too froward on this subject. These EK's are by far the biggest player housing most of us have ever seen.

Personally I think a square over 3.1 miles on each side really is huge, just not a world.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I'm not sure why 1 major castle or citadel plus a few smaller villages are considered "too small". To be honest in other games I was glad I had a house where I could put a loot crate into and safely drop my stuff. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

the maximum size is 5Km x 5Km  - just about big enough for one Castle + grounds  or 2 or 3 small villages.

A castle plus a couple of small villages will fit on a single parcel which takes up 7 cells. Your whole kingdom is 625 cells, so that parcel is barely more than 1% of your available land.

Don't assume that Earth measurements map directly to Crowfall measurements.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

A castle plus a couple of small villages will fit on a single parcel which takes up 7 cells. Your whole kingdom is 625 cells, so that parcel is barely more than 1% of your available land.

Don't assume that Earth measurements map directly to Crowfall measurements.

Not to mention EVERY single player will have one...massive player housing... by far the largest ever seen too... Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Campaigns are just small lobby games you can join to get resources for EKs.

Or you can pay to get the resources instead

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Well that just ruined the game  :angry: Time to move on  :(

RIP in peace. <3

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

i am working on a video to show how this scapes feels ingame. 5x5km is not small. nothing about 1 castle and 3 villages. believe me. though it is not as hugh as some might have dreamed of. and especially the initial 3x3 cell EK's wont really feel like a kingdom. but compared to housing even this is, well, huge.