Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Celevra

Kickstarter Stronghold - Fortifications

I read up on all the new info that ACE has posted up, however a question came to mind in regards to the strongholds given to the Kickstarter backers.

On the FAQ is shows that upgrade path is Estate>Fortification>Keep>Castle>etc. However, the Kickstarter pledges go from Medium Fortification (Amber) to Small Castle (Sapphire).I wanted to verify that Amber and Gold Pledges will start with Fortifcation class Stronghold and not a Keep or was this changed over after the Store was launched?

"Oh I'm sooooo gonna enjoy playing them Centaurs"

I think that means that Keeps are going to be larger than Fortifications, and even looking at the pictures, keeps are stone, fortifications are wood, so the FAQ should be accurate.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

On a related note, if you get for example the KS Gold package (includes a cottage and small fortification), can those be upgraded in-game to the better KS variants (so I could eventually upgrade or trade-in my KS fortification all the way up to a KS Imperial Palace)? Or if I want to upgrade my small fortification, do I just end up with one of the non-KS varieties?

UPGRADES allow you to change a SMALL or MEDIUM parcel into a larger parcel of the same type (i.e. change a Small Keep into a Medium Keep).

TRADE-INS allow you to exchange one type of stronghold for another. This functionality is not available yet, but we are working on it.  We intend to allow you to trade in one stronghold, resource parcel or building for full credit.

Edited by Vell

On a related note, if you get for example the KS Gold package (includes a cottage and small fortification), can those be upgraded in-game to the better KS variants (so I could eventually upgrade or trade-in my KS fortification all the way up to a KS Imperial Palace)? Or if I want to upgrade my small fortification, do I just end up with one of the non-KS varieties?

This. Not much point in getting the KS Gold Package if it is going to be obsolete after any decent progress

What I understood you'll retain the look of the KS buildings when you upgrade. I remember Tyrant saying that somewhere ... but I'm too lazy to search for a quote.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

What's listed in the Gold/Amber packages is what you get (the fortifications).  I know you can upgrade with in-game resources from small to medium to large while maintaining the KS-exclusive look. 

The obvious next set of questions you'll ask about this I don't have answers on yet, but design is working on them.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

What's listed in the Gold/Amber packages is what you get (the fortifications).  I know you can upgrade with in-game resources from small to medium to large while maintaining the KS-exclusive look. 

The obvious next set of questions you'll ask about this I don't have answers on yet, but design is working on them.

Something I was curious about in bold. Great thing to know :D

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.. and gerbils on crowcaine."

So are the 'fortifications' in the KS packages different from the 'forts' and 'keeps' that are for sale in the store, and what are the advantages of one over the other?

Fortification = Fort. Gold and Amber backers get the same Fort(ification) strongholds that are in the store now.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully