Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phylactory

Keeping up with Upkeep

I find it funny that people are worried about not paying upkeep because they are taking a break.

But no one is worried that they won't win enough to pay their upkeep.

I guess everyone is expecting to win

The most intense discussions on this forum might probably be about just that, the reward structure of the campaigns. Depending on how ACE will balance it, it can either be very rewarding or unforgiving, drastically dictating the dynamics of the player progression.

We know so little yet, I can't wait until ACE delves into the specifics.

The most intense discussions on this forum might probably be about just that, the reward structure of the campaigns. Depending on how ACE will balance it, it can either be very rewarding or unforgiving, drastically dictating the dynamics of the player progression.

EKs are not Player progression Edited by Cirolle

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Might as well remove then.

Seems like the EKS will determine who wins the campaigns. That's the general opinion on the forums at least

Maybe on the judgementally challenged part of the forums. It would be best to keep that opinion there.

Maybe on the judgementally challenged part of the forums. It would be best to keep that opinion there.

Do you even try to make sense anymore?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

did you ever make any ? stop posting crap that has no basis in reality whatsoever. if you cant, just stop posting alltogether.

Edited by rajah

EKs are not Player progression

To me they sure are. The player can develop their EK. By adding more parcels, structures, upgrades and thralls/artifacts their EK progresses. Every player owns one EK, hence player progression.

Like I stated previously. They don't need to make it abundantly rewarding. Players should not be able to afford to equip the best gear or maintain the most extravagant EKs all the time. It should be enough to let you progress, but not so much that you're able to sit on a stack of resources until the end of time.

You need to gear up for the best resources, and risk that gear breaking to gather it. This is the only way crafters, pvpers, kingdoms, builders, and gatherers will be of equal need.

Do you even try to make sense anymore?

He's become the forum's joke.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

nah its your pet handling practices that are a forum joke

OK. It might be a language thing.

I understand everyone else on the forums.

I might not agree with then, but at least they make some sense.

You make less and less sense.

If you want to get mad about that, fine.

OK. It might be a language thing.

I understand everyone else on the forums.

I might not agree with then, but at least they make some sense.

You make less and less sense.

If you want to get mad about that, fine.

Thats because you need to get some general sense before reading my posts. You obviously have less of it then most other posters.

Thats because you need to get some general sense before reading my posts. You obviously have less of it then most other posters.

Lol

Are you trying to be Sheen now?

You certainly don't lack ambition

Why can't one of the EK's minions pay the upkeep on the buildings? 

or

Why can't 'taxes' be removed from an EK storage, this storage is where the tenants put resources in to pay their taxes. Any spillover can go directly to the inventory of the EK owner (thus being taking out from the maintenance storage).

in either situation the EK's are being maintained.  The 2nd option here is just self-maintaining the first requires someone to take action.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Lol

Are you trying to be Sheen now?

You certainly don't lack ambition

You obviously fail to grasp even the most basic sentences, and jump to unfounded conclusions based on nothing, but your subjective perception. As I have said before, judgementally challenged.

If you cannot continue to win campaigns, you become a has-been. Why would we want you to be able to display all your trophies of old in a pristine setting? You're a has-been, your poorly made socks should look like poorly made socks.

I find it funny that people are worried about not paying upkeep because they are taking a break.

But no one is worried that they won't win enough to pay their upkeep.

I guess everyone is expecting to win

In most rule sets, the losers still get a percentage of their embargo, which I'm sure will be more than enough to pay for upkeep.

In most rule sets, the losers still get a percentage of their embargo, which I'm sure will be more than enough to pay for upkeep.

Really?

If that is true, then it most also be true that there is more than enough resources in the campaign, to both build and craft AND embargo.

Remember losers take a percentage out, which means they will still have to fill it up to get any decent amount out.

If there is this abundance of resources in the campaigns, then there will rarely be any reason to fight over resources and hence not much reason to fight over land.

So, you see, both are either true or false.

Really?

If that is true, then it most also be true that there is more than enough resources in the campaign, to both build and craft AND embargo.

Remember losers take a percentage out, which means they will still have to fill it up to get any decent amount out.

If there is this abundance of resources in the campaigns, then there will rarely be any reason to fight over resources and hence not much reason to fight over land.

So, you see, both are either true or false.

There are going to be far more losers than winners. Common sense dictates that ACE isn't going to make the upkeep so harsh that only the winners can afford to pay it. Upkeep will also depend on how much you have developed your EK. From the FAQ:

Buildings have a recurring maintenance cost.

If you haven't placed any buildings, then you won't have any upkeep to pay. 

There doesn't need to be a ton of resources in the campaigns to support upkeep. That is a logical fallacy. 

There are going to be far more losers than winners. Common sense dictates that ACE isn't going to make the upkeep so harsh that only the winners can afford to pay it. Upkeep will also depend on how much you have developed your EK. From the FAQ:

If you haven't placed any buildings, then you won't have any upkeep to pay.

There doesn't need to be a ton of resources in the campaigns to support upkeep. That is a logical fallacy.

I am actually not attacking your stand or your point.

But it have been nagging me.

The current expectation is that everyone will be able to build their EKS.

This sort of makes sense, because that is what we have been served so far.

However, for that expectation to come true, everyone needs to be able to take something out.

You are right, it could be that upkeep are small.

Could be that building costs is relatively small compared to campaigns also (thank you for leading me there btw)

But that will create the next issue.

People are already worried that somehow bigger guilds will "dominate" the EK scene.

Personally I think they are right and that is simply how things will be.

But I can imagine there will be a lot of butt hurt coming around from it.