Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PopeUrban

[NA] Flames of Exile (It's a Thrill a Night)

mnykzvX.png

cTiLXKq.png

Flames of Exile (FOEX), Crowfall's oldest bad guild is recruiting!

I have made edits to this post reflect the current state of the game and this guild. I have left all following posts intact to preserve historical interactions with outside entities and preserve all of the praise that has been heaped upon our illustrious organization in the years since it was formed.

Greetings. My Name is PopeUrban. Myself and a few friends have decided to start a new continue to run a guild for Crowfall. We used to play other games that you don't care about everyone but Vandarr doesn't care about against other people that you don't care about everyone but Vandarr doesn't care about.

We're currently spending our time dicking around on the LIVE server US East on the Balance faction.

We started this guild because our other guilds fell apart or kicked us out for "negativity", but all of the current guild members have been around since the 90s. I've been around since 1981 myself. We like to think we're realists and those people were optimists. Basically, you know that glass is half full or half empty question? We'd say "It is a glass with water in it."

We are extremely old and bad at video games, and need all the help we can get. We'd like to get people to pay us one day We'd like to force more people to surrender their valuables and we can't do that without convincing the elite residents of the Crowfall forums to bolster our numbers and increase the membership on our forums Discord. I think we should get some more streamers and youtube personalities especially since playing video games is about ad revenue now. We might also put "gaming" somewhere in the name.

We enjoy disproportionate responses, bad tactical planning, running naked with swords pointy things, ganking people that can't defend themselves, and running away from fair fights. Our favorite color is orange, our favorite type of dog is a terrier, and our favorite activity outside of playing video games is reminding each other how good we used to be at video games.

We are not interested in people who care about their reputation, scoreboard position, or perfect spec groups. We are interested in people that are willing to play video games with us and are good at thinking on the fly and making the best of a bad situation. We will create a lot of bad situations for you to make the best of. It is all we know.

If you've read this entire post and it actually makes you want to join our brand new firmly established Crowfall guild, you can click my signature to go to the website and say hi.

Yes. This is a real guild. Yes we are almost TOO serious.

tumblr_p8hfa2feTG1wamtsgo1_1280.jpg

(photo courtesy Guild Officer Delorin)

Thanks!

Edited by PopeUrban
Updated to reflect Vandarr cares. Updated to include voluntary loyalty-based ritual disfigurment.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

What makes Flames of Exile unique? There are a few guilds out there that seem to have the same sort of unspecific appeal... except this one is a little more casual (which is not a bad thing at all).

The color orange, and the absolute intolerance for whiny nonsense. I wouldn't call it casual as much as I'd call it pragmatic. A lot of guilds are super concerned with "pride" and being "the best" and it's exhausting.

The fact is there's only ever going to be one "the best" and mathematically chances are that ain't your guild. The practice of embracing that philosophy defines us. Realizing you're not going to win them all, and not acting like you're twelve and turning on your guildmates when you don't.

Anyone who self-identifies as "elite" or endlessly complains about "numbers" is useless to me. Anyone willing to float their ego around and talk down to other guilds is useless to me. It's a position of pride that flies in the face of what it actually takes to succeed. Sometimes you've got to sub, sometimes you've got to kneel, and sometimes you've got to run naked with swords. If you're not willing to do what it takes to get ahead when faced with the reality of a bad situation, and do it gracefully, I probably don't want to play video games with you. You are not a special snowflake, and nobody here is going to coddle your delusions of grandeur. Thus, a recruiting post designed to be kryptonite to that kind of player. I like people that can have fun losing, but are willing to give the shirt off their back if it means the people around them win, because winning is a group effort.

It's my firm belief that if you're in a guild with people you wouldn't want to have a beer with in real life, you're in the wrong guild. A guild is a family business. It's a team where all the members are unpaid volunteers.

After having been in a few that skew too far in the "trading fun for efficiency" direction, the core of FOE decided we just simply don't care any more. You pull in people that you get along with. You pull in team players because  team players play as a team, and solid team play gets you wins, but more importantly it sticks together when you lose. We decided to form FOE because we got just plain tired of dealing with prima donnas who're more concerned with showing up their teammates or defending their precious e-honor than helping the people around them improve. As an officer or GM it just makes playing games not fun any more when you have to constantly separate members from one another an moderate disputes over stupid hogwash. Thus, I'd rather have a moderately skilled player with a good attitude than an amazing player with a poor one that pisses off his teammates.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Sounds awesome. Great OP. Hope you guys make the likes of "dmbrandon" irrelevant, though "negativity" could be an issue in the long haul for you guys! Either way, best of luck! Hope to see you in the dying fields!

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Sounds awesome. Great OP. Hope you guys make the likes of "dmbrandon" irrelevant, though "negativity" could be an issue in the long haul for you guys! Either way, best of luck! Hope to see you in the dying fields!

To be fair that certain guild (which shall remain nameless) was essentially a situation of people being special snowflakes.

My official diplomatic position is that there are no special snowflakes in FOE.

Thank you for your endorsement seventhbacon!

My little brother wants to join he's six. His name is Waldo he said if you can find him on forums he will join 5 minutes before you find him so you know when you're getting close

I can never find that guy. He's a great stealther and should consider joining Obsidian and being a ninja for hire.

PopeSigGIF.gif

NOEAGLES.jpg

i hope our two organizations can be friends seeing as you drew so much inspiration from us. i like to think of you as complimenting us on our style. thanks!

What can I say, I'm a trend setter!

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif