Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Darkfall Online kickstarter..

krej

Couldn't find this posted around here yo

One of the devs for Darkfall Unholy Wars made a petition to check the intresst for their previous and now closed game Darkfall Online. A game with many flaws, but the devs are aware of that and would try to adress them. Personally the only MMO I've played worth my time, there was alot of soul and it felt oldschool.

Here's his petition statement below. link to petition: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-dfo.html

This is an informal petition that I am starting in order to see what is the interest in bringing back DFO. Aventurine is not related to this at all.

If this reaches a high number of signatures, then the business case of reopening DFO and continue development on it is one that is worth considering.

If many people vote for this, then I will suggest to my company to open a kickstarter campaign for bringing back DFO.

When I say bringing back DFO, I mean fixing its flaws, updating its graphics, bringing interesting DFUW systems to it and then opening it.

As a company, we have not stopped working on DFUW; this is strictly a personal poll.

Reddit background http://www.reddit.com/r/Darkfall/comments/344uzk/upvote_if_youd_like_dfo_to_be_brought_back_read/

This an informal poll of mine, not a company one, since the last few days I've read many posts that say 'bring back DFO'.
So, I'd like to see if there is actually any real interest in bringing back DFO.
If there is, i.e. if there are many upvotes, let's say over 5000, so as that one can support this as a business proposal, I will ask my managers to check this out.
So, if you want DFO back, upvote. Tell it to your clan mates, your DFO-interested friends, everyone that you think is interested in bringing back the game.
EDIT:
After many redditors telling me about reddit's vote fuzzing, I started an online petition here:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-dfo.html
If you're interested in DFO, please sign the petition above.
EDIT2:
We haven't stopped working on DFUW as a company, as I said before, this is only a personal poll.

If you don't know about Darkfall Online, it was an MMO launched in 2009 with similar core values to crowfall and you could definitely play2crush, unfortunately it was almost the only thing you could do and the game lacked other sandbox content, sufferd a rough launch with lots of bugs and botting. All this contributed to the once huge playerbase to dwindle fast. It was also one of those games that create epic moments making for some of the greates gaming memories for alot of people.

A darkfall video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB48NVF4Xvg

so sign the petition if you're intressted!

I've posted infos on Darkfall related topics.. anyway they should completely change their marketing style to something completely open.

Darkfall is old now but there's nothing like it on the market, so they could offer the game client for free and a subscription of 5$ per month, or go completely F2P and use a VIP subscription like Crowfall does. Also, they should open up donations and show on their main site how much money they need PER month, and say: "ok, if we don't reach this amount we can't keep the servers open, sorry". Me and many others would play it and come back, until a new MMO like Crowfall releases, and they would surely be financed.

Not to mention the need for a skill cap, and many other small things they could do to make the game more interesting and not spend a single penny.

Btw, the emulator is being made by some punkass, so this is the only chance of ever seeing DF coming back.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

When developers are being informal and not formal it isn't very professional;  If you love Darkfall and want to support it, then go ahead, but I wouldn't personally support developers who are not being open with their marketing.

I mean when someone says, "Well we need to see if there is an interest in this," rather than "hey we want to make an awesome game will you support us?"; kind of tells me the upper management cares more about paying player numbers (number of customers) than they do about potential number of customers or people who would be interested in the game if it was correctly advertised.  Sounds like a noble act of desperation from a passionate member of the team who cares about the community and I fully sympathize with him.  When other developers were faced with that situation, rather than desperately cling to their jobs and try to appeal to the people in charge, they took the noble high ground;  Left the company without burning bridges and went off to tackle a project out of their own pockets.

If worst comes to worst, well... ACE is hiring if he is looking for a company whom the people in charge actually cares for a hardcore PvP MMO.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

DF is like original CS, once you take rose-colored glasses you get to remember than bunny-hopping deagle head-shots were not that fun outside of couple times where you pulled it off perfectly. Rest of the time it was frustrating mess.

I'd probably play for a month or two and then drop it because I really custard doubt Aventurine is going to be any better with regards to fixing exploits, and I have no interest in playing the grind game.

rR6eI3A.png

Played it for years already, accomplished everything to do.

-Lead the best alliance in the game at one point? Check

-Top pvper? check

-solo played? Check

-team played? check

-zerg played? check

-all around badass? check

-sold my character and killed vets with a noob char? check

-made vids worth masturbating to? check

-all the chicks (5) in the game sent me breast picks? checks

-master alfar race chatter? check

-my name was synonymous with fear? check

-got a job because how awesome I was at df? check

-everybody worth knowing loves me? check

-successful 1v10s? plenty of checks

-won poorly made socks tons of wager duels? check

-liked to prove I had a huge epeen? check

-liked to farm at 5am because that was the only time the server wasn't out to get me? check

-more to add to this list? check.........

Yeah, I'm a badass,

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Just launch a spiritual successor called "Plate Mage Cluster F*** Online" and call it a day.

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Played it for years already, accomplished everything to do.

-Lead the best alliance in the game at one point? Check

-Top pvper? check

-solo played? Check

-team played? check

-zerg played? check

-all around badass? check

-sold my character and killed vets with a noob char? check

-made vids worth masturbating to? check

-all the chicks (5) in the game sent me breast picks? checks

-master alfar race chatter? check

-my name was synonymous with fear? check

-got a job because how awesome I was at df? check

-everybody worth knowing loves me? check

-successful 1v10s? plenty of checks

-won poorly made socks tons of wager duels? check

-liked to prove I had a huge epeen? check

-liked to farm at 5am because that was the only time the server wasn't out to get me? check

-more to add to this list? check.........

Yeah, I'm a badass,

I'm going to have to check in on Enya about this... Not sure she'd approve.

Honestly the main thing I miss is the orignal map and original races. And when I say original map the towers that would shoot reds as opposed to the 100% safezones are included in that package deal.

Bring back the original map, bring back the original races models, and for dear lord's sake think about the red/blue alignment system for more the 10 seconds and perhaps check out Mortal Online's. One of the few things they definitely did better than Darkfall. (The others being trampling in mounted combat and the depth of the crafting system.)

Make those changes and UW will really be an indisputably better title than DFO ever was.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

If someone else would buy the rights to DFO maybe, but the mere mention of Aventurine fills my spirit with dread and even I am not masochistic enough to let them destroy my expectations a third (fourth/fifth/sixth, lost count) time.

Well, Tasos was fired.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Well, Tasos was fired.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?408188-Does-Tasos-still-work-for-AV-on-Darkfall/page8

no more tasos apparently and devs communicate more than ever tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4zwmUaxNCs

Edited by krej

• 4 weeks later...

btw

[–]axilmar 2 point 21 hours ago
We are serious about this. You'll see.

[–]axilmar 1 point 6 hours ago
Please have patience.

apparently it's happening

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png