Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anshee Chung Thread

Hi.

Explain

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Anshe Chung - the first virtual realestate mogul and millionaire.

She managed a few back-door deals with Linden Lab of Second Life infamy to allow her to purchase servers (sims) for a dramatically reduced rate and rent them for about half the monthly cost of everyone else.

So instead of having to drop $1000 in setup fees per sim, and then pay $295 per month for rental, which is offset by renting parts of the sim to other people. She was free to rent at a lower rate than any of her competition, ruining any chance at direct competition, and turn a huge profit while everyone else had a set base cost that was greater than hers.

This program was called "Atlas", and is responsible for the 'big 5' land barons in SL. This group rents at about 80% of the cost anyone can, while making huge profits, and as they own some 60% of the grid Linden Lab is well known for bending to thier wishes when it somes to policy.

The more you know! ;)

Edited by raeshlavik

did these guys manage to do this in a different game than SL?

Is it even feasible?

I feel like they're dealing with such small figures, this can't even be profitable.

I can't see a market here; well a very very small market I guess...

well, at least they dropped 10 grand and supported the game.

Ban their acc for the RMT, maybe they'll buy another one.

Edited by freeze

I wanna play on the Anshe Chung Campaign

How do you feel about sweatshop labor? :)

Anshe has her uses... If there is anything in the system that can be gamed by using gargantuan sums of money, her minions will find it and exploit it. So if you watch them, you can get some good intel to use.

So essentially they exploit games for profit? Okay.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

did these guys manage to do this in a different game than SL?

Is it even feasible?

I feel like they're dealing with such small figures, this can't even be profitable.

I can't see a market here; well a very very small market I guess...

well, at least they dropped 10 grand and supported the game.

Ban their acc for the RMT, maybe they'll buy another one.

This is the market penetration phase... The getting known as being a big fish that is above the rules everyone else has to play by. Once they get folks using the service, they can roll out other 'services' that continue to push the line in the sand in a favorable direction because of popular vote.

Edited by raeshlavik

This is the market penetration phase... The getting known as being a big fish that is above the rules everyone else has to play by. Once they get folks using the service, they can roll out other 'services' that continue to push the line in the sand in a favorable direction because of popular vote.

I understand what they're doing, but I still think the target audience is way too small.

They're posting with a Bloodstone account, trying to look as legitimate as possible, linking their service with another game and so on.

It just feels like a wasted effort with very bad market research on their part.

I've never heard of them before, but you kinda made it sound like they're a big deal, hehe

Guess I must've missed something. ;)

I understand what they're doing, but I still think the target audience is way too small.

They're posting with a Bloodstone account, trying to look as legitimate as possible, linking their service with another game and so on.

It just feels like a wasted effort with very bad market research on their part.

I've never heard of them before, but you kinda made it sound like they're a big deal, hehe

A big deal in certain circles. I'm guessing they are active in anything that has acquirable 'land' with any sort of salable value to it... Hence SotA and here. I would not be surprised if they were in ArcheAge early on as well being as land was totally RMT in the first month or two.

Buy it all up, wait for market pressue to peak, then sell off fast enough you are done before the market reacts. :)

A big deal in certain circles. I'm guessing they are active in anything that has acquirable 'land' with any sort of salable value to it... Hence SotA and here. I would not be surprised if they were in ArcheAge early on as well being as land was totally RMT in the first month or two.

Buy it all up, wait for market pressue to peak, then sell off fast enough you are done before the market reacts. :)

ya, it just seems really stupid to do it right now.

We know very little about ownership structures of said items. They're offering and marketing a service on the official boards, which they might not even be allowed to offer. They don't know that.

I think the only statement we have, is, that accounts cannot be traded after the KS code has been applied, only the codes themselves can be sold. This leads me to believe that ACE wont allow their ingame items to be traded either.

All they're doing right now, is risk their $10K for, in my opinion, a very small projected possible gain (short-term at least).

They just seem not very smart ;)

Just looks to me like their expertise is buying kickstarter packages early and flipping them later on. Even Gordon has said that the kickstarter package deals won't be as cheap nor include as many benefits later on. So these guys have the cash to do so upfront. thenebrosity bought a bunch of accounts and people say "good for you" and this guy does the same but flips them and people scream "omg scammer".

I'm sure there is at least one other entity doing this, maybe just not as visual right now. This guy is the only bloodstone I've seen thus far. It seems like they're just capitalists doing things that are in line with the EULA and ToS. I don't think they should be punished for wanting to do this publicly. They could do it in the shadows if it makes everyone feel better.

They're a big deal in Second Life. They work within the TOSes of games to make profit. If Artcraft does something like allowing people to rent EK space to people for USD, then the Anshe Chung EK is gonna be amazing

They're a big deal in Second Life. They work within the TOSes of games to make profit. If Artcraft does something like allowing people to rent EK space to people for USD, then the Anshe Chung EK is gonna be amazing

ya, there's the big IF though.

It's just really weird that they'd invest, despite not knowing whether they'll actually be allowed to do what they're planning to do.

For example, I'm pretty sure, they want to split up the big KS packages and then sell them off in parts.

At this point in time we don't even know if they're tradable, let alone if they're allowed to sell them. Apparently they pride themselves for working within the confines of the CoC/TOS/EULA/whatever.

As a longterm investment this seems pretty poorly made socksty.

But dunno what their usual profit margin is, so it's all speculation on my part.

Sounds like parasites to me.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Don't kid yourself.  There are some here already making plans to make real money profit on CF.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

ya, there's the big IF though.

It's just really weird that they'd invest, despite not knowing whether they'll actually be allowed to do what they're planning to do.

For example, I'm pretty sure, they want to split up the big KS packages and then sell them off in parts.

At this point in time we don't even know if they're tradable, let alone if they're allowed to sell them. Apparently they pride themselves for working within the confines of the CoC/TOS/EULA/whatever.

As a longterm investment this seems pretty poorly made socksty.

But dunno what their usual profit margin is, so it's all speculation on my part.

I don't even want to tell you how much I made off of Star Citizen so far just doing casual trading/selling. This is nothing new, I'm surprised you're acting so surprised about it. The Scythe I picked up originally for $300 is worth around $1500 now. Idris, and basically any LTI ship has a ridiculous mark up. Once you get into the trading circle and become trusted, it's easy sailing.

There's 6 years of VIP tradeable in the KS Amber packages @ $215, if you don't see the value in that for players once game launches, you're blind.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Its kind of sad to me that we have this game being made for our enjoyment and for our niche and there's so many people just interested in monetizing peoples fun that aren't even associated with ACE.

Yay capitalism.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Its kind of sad to me that we have this game being made for our enjoyment and for our niche and there's so many people just interested in monetizing peoples fun that aren't even associated with ACE.

Yay capitalism.

Still lines ACE's pocket to deliver us a better game.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)