Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

temp. player mods

blazinzero

i think a community initiative to 'elect' a player to be a temporary forums mod each week is a great idea. start small with just one a week, but if it goes well, up the count.

obviously mod abuse lands that player in very hot water and nobody wants that. post your nominations itt and they can't be yourself. i'll start with forums user lastgirl~ because good golly, i love ~tildes~

j6CmSi3.png

Sure that makes sense.  Someone with less than 50 posts nominating someone with less than 500.   Why not just make every new 250th poster a mod?  SMH.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

post count elitism already? mods?

e: i think being a backer adds at least 500 posts to my count

Edited by blazinzero

j6CmSi3.png

post count elitism already? mods?

e: i think being a backer adds at least 500 posts to my count

Oh please.  Do you know how many long time forumfallers will not link?    Look at join dates.   Anyone here that has been here since the first week and has survived ( some sans even a warning ) is doing something right.  ACE chooses from what I understand ppl with extensive prior experience.   Not sure what your idea is trying to accomplish?   

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Sure that makes sense.  Someone with less than 50 posts nominating someone with less than 500.   Why not just make every new 250th poster a mod?  SMH.

Ellie imo post count is meaningless, judging someone by post count is like saying... " hey everyone! Spam our forums and we'll mod ya."

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Ellie imo post count is meaningless, judging someone by post count is like saying... " hey everyone! Spam our forums and we'll mod ya."

I do agree with that actually.      As I also think that player mods on a temp basis makes no sense.    Let ACE decide based on whatever their criteria is.   They consider it a representation of them and their company.   A temp player mod could be a disaster for them.

Now we are p2w moding? Sounds cool

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Post count is everything. I should be king.

YOU are king I thought?  Did that change too?

You know I'm the King.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I do agree with that actually.      As I also think that player mods on a temp basis makes no sense.    Let ACE decide based on whatever their criteria is.   They consider it a representation of them and their company.   A temp player mod could be a disaster for them.

or it could be another esteemed member of their community stepping up and shouldering more of the work load. if not, they get axed and a new player is chosen next week!  seems like the players will vote for those most likely to not be jerks, so i don't see the problem.

j6CmSi3.png

Happy Moderator Games and may the odds ever be in your favor!

Agelmar, overused Hunger Games quotes are against the Rules of Conduct. If you have any questions please contact support@community.Crowfall

Edited by CheckYoSelf

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

or it could be another esteemed member of their community stepping up and shouldering more of the work load. if not, they get axed and a new player is chosen next week!  seems like the players will vote for those most likely to not be jerks, so i don't see the problem.

I don't see that happening.  Honestly, how can posters determine who is "esteemed"?   It would be a popularity contest.  Your idea would be based on very short term exposure to posters.   Mine would be based on longevity and posting history.  Also, setting mods up w. access on a continual basis?  Why would ACE want that?   Ask any of the mods.  It is not an easy thing and mostly thankless.   Are you campaigning for someone?  I feel as though you are................ 

Edited by ellie

Campaigning for me obviously.

SWrkfdj.jpg

agelmar gets it, but imo it's less hunger games (unless the player does something heinous) and more school hall monitor.

e: uh, i put my nomination in the op. he has a tilde in his name and is therefore a shoe-in for contributing forums mod

e2 electric boogaloo: they also have a fairly high post count and are a backer, so you know the commitment is there

Edited by blazinzero

j6CmSi3.png