Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bring your appetite - Introductions RP Thread

amaziah aryeh

((OOC: This is a walkup rp thread that anyone can join at anytime, nothing too complex and a way for new roleplayers to jump in and interact. The setting? A picnic/cookout that Amaziah has set up to meet others, feel free to join in and say hello icly. This is an ic introduction roleplay. I only ask one simple rule, no fighting in this thread, again its a social event to help those who may be intimidated to rp to get their feet wet. Just come in, enjoy, make friends and have fun! Who knows what connections you will make and what may happen in the game in the future! Thanks to all that participate!)

Amaziah smiled as the children from the destroyed town helped him set up the picnic. As a way to raise morale after what they had been through he decided to have them take their minds off of the Hunger and give them a moment of respite before he took them out of this world to one of the Eternal Kingdoms friendly to orphans from Hunger ravaged worlds. For the past three days himself and the children had been preparing a great feast. The ranger being a masterful cook had the children gather the necessary ingredients for the picnic. Various soups, stews, vegetable dishes and meats were prepared. Fresh fish were caught from the unspoiled ponds and lakes in the area that still showed no sign of Hunger corruption. Amaziah and the children placed up flyers in the nearby areas to encourage all who would love to attend - what way to get one's mind off of the reality of this dying world than to at least break bread with others.

He would prepare the last few dishes on the final day as the children played with Abyss, Amaziah's wolf companion nearby. The teens amongst them helped prepare the tables along with set everything out. A few of them begged Amaziah to pull out his Oud (A Moorish guitar) so they could sing and dance, and such he did, playing one of the songs of his homeland as some of the teens taking a break danced. They would smile and welcome any who sought refuge for the moment.

"Bring your appetites, for a moment of respite in a world such as this do a wonder of good for all" said the flyers about the nearby areas. The flyers also had the location mapped out upon them.

Edited by amaziah aryeh

Ranger3.jpg

A young child approaches an encampment, in which several wagons were positioned in a semicircle.  As he approached, it appeared to be a bazaar of sorts, where people were selling wares and offering varying services.  The child paused, as if never seeing such an assembly, and surveyed the area in a trancelike manner.   As he stared in awe, a woman approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder.  She knelt down to meet the child's gaze, "Hi there, young man, what have you got there?" she said with a warm, genuine smile.   

The boy, stammered a bit, "An invitation," he said as he handed her the flyer.  She took the flyer and gave it a glance, replying, "Wonderful!"  She produced an apple from her cloak and hands it to the boy.  "Feel free to explore our camp, while I round up some provisions to take to our host."

The woman  took her leave from the boy momentarily and made her rounds throughout the camp.  She gathered a few baked goods before she was reunited with the boy.  "I am ready, lead the way," she said as she motioned to the child  to go.

Food and children! Children and food! Kiwi loved both and when the nice man at the inn told her there was going to be a picnic she couldn't stay away. She'd meant to bring a bag of sweets to share, but the road was long and they were sweet and now they were gone, all she had was an empty satchel tucked under her wee little belt like a ladies bum-ruffle hiding her cropped tail. She was particularly small and simple for a Guinetian, but oh the food, and oh the children, and the children had helped make the food! She wanted to try it all, try everything! She wanted to play with the children, and she very much wanted to avoid the rather magnificent wolf, but it was playing with the children, maybe she could eat and not get eaten?

Kiwi was so lost in all the food, her face alight like it was Allfather's Day and she was practically drooling all over her simple clothing. She had to bring something tasty back for the tavern owner, she'd promised, and he'd laughed and said he'd expected it, but where to start? The sweet loaf of bread just sitting there was the same size she was, there were bowls of stew she could have made a house in. "Oh oh oh!" She danced with glee at the spread before her, her hands before her trembling. She spotted a little boy that had already dug in and scooted over by him. "Hello, hello! How is it? is it good? May Kiwi have some please?"

Amaziah smiled as the boy sitting next to Kiwi would look at her mouth agape as the child had never seen a Guintian before. Amaziah made his way over to the two and prepared a plate for the furred creature. "Well now, I've not seen one of your kind in some time young miss. Here, a plate of fresh greens, acorn bread and fruit for you. Please forgive me if I did not include on this plate something you would prefer to eat, but feel free to have our young friend here retrieve what you need". Amaziah would look over to the boy giving him a reassuring nod. The boy looked to be about eight, large blue eyes and auburn hair would grace his face, his hair so thick that it would occasionally cover his eyes. He eyed Kiwi nervously "Um..its..its very good, would you like me to get you some of what I'm eating?" he would ask her, then telling her what was on his plate and in the bowl near him. "Split pea soup, corn bread, roast chicken and um...um...cinnamminum, um cinnamon carrots. Right Mr. Areyeh?". Amaziah nodded giving a proud smile as the boy pronounced cinnamon correctly.

"Its a pleasure to meet you Kiwi, enjoy yourself and don't mind Joseph here if he stares a bit. Like myself I am guessing your people are an uncommon sight to him, if you need anything just ask. Everything he is eating is right at the end of the other side of the table.

Amaziah would make his rounds around the area welcoming new arrivals, checking on the children and teens while making sure things go well.

Ranger3.jpg

Kieran pushed himself to continue walking, his feet were aching and his stomach growling. He wanted to stop and rest, but finding food was more important. Kieran raised his head up, he could smell something on the wind, and he was going to find out was it was. He continued onward, slowly climbing the grass covered hill before him. Stumbling a bit as a sudden gust of wind sent a piece of parchment his direction, he quickly grabbed the paper and began reading. 

"A picnic!? Out here?" he said aloud, both shocked and pleasantly surprised. "Fate sure has a funny way of guiding people, doesn't it?" The news had motivated Kieran, he pushed just a bit further, and stopped at the top of the hill. Not far from there, he spotted the supposed picnic. He couldn't see much from where he stood, but it looked like a good time all around. "Only got a small way to go ... " he mumbled to himself, as he began walking towards the event.

Kieran was almost there, he stopped and stared. The wind had calmed down, the smell of the food was enticing, if not mesmerizing. Children ran around the field, some of them lending a helping hand, others simply enjoying themselves, he hadn't seen such a cheerful scene in ages. He smiled to himself, and thought of pleasant memories from his youth. Letting out a sigh, he pressed onwards.

Standing at the edge, practically starving, he couldn't help but stand in awe. He shook his head, and looked around, surveying the faces around him. It was a prime opportunity to relax and meet some new people, but he had some basic questions first. Spotting a man who looked to be both parts a cook and a ranger, he approached him and waved. "My name is Kieran ... " he paused as his stomach made an audible growl, his body was a few steps ahead of his thoughts. "... So I take it your the cook? And perhaps the organizer of this whole event?" Kieran stopped himself as he was about to ask for food, but instead asked the man. "You ... look familiar, actually." he chuckled a bit, and continued "I really hate to ask this but ... have we met before?"

Amaziah looked at Kieran and gave a warm smile. "Perhaps, but I meet so many people on my travels that I tend lose track of whom I've met. Either way, welcome as an aquaintance or as a stranger - either way treated as a friend. Please enjoy yourself. I am sure harsher days are to come and a respite with the healing laughter of children along with seeing teens in their springtime and a overflowing mug and bowl will calm the spirit if not for a moment. Kathy, get Keiran here what he wishes to eat and a place to sit, perhaps you can show him that lovely voice of yours eh?." A redheaded teen seemingly around the age of 18 would walk over to take Keiran's hand and lead him to a nearby table. If he accepted she would start to run down the dishes she made one by one, and there were many. On a kinder world Kathy would be one of the main cooks in an inn of sorts, or on her way to starting a family of her own. She would wave to her twin, another redhead who headed over to Amaziah clad in leather armor with a sword at her hip and bow and arrows on her back. "Come on Amaziah have you not reconsidered?!". Amaziah would sigh and shake his head "My answer is no, and it will still be the same tomorrow, no to you, no to your boyfriend and no to his friend. I do not have time for apprentices, besides you have not even left this dying world. Lets find you and your family a new home first before anything. Oh by the way....No". Kathy would simply chuckle at the scene before looking back at Keiran. "Dina has always been quite stubborn, I don't see what the rush is about running out and fighting anyway. But, enough of that. Lets get you a seat and something to eat alright? So many things to try! Hope you brought your appetite!"

Edited by amaziah aryeh

Ranger3.jpg

Kieran simply smiles, his sentence starting with a light chuckle, he says "Some people are just born like that." He follows the young girl, and sits down at the table, staring at the food, almost drooling on himself. "Brought my appetite? Oh, I sure did. But ... where are my manners, my name is Kieran. Kathy, was it? Well it's nice to meet you." He relaxes at the table, and begins trying various foods, each one better than the last. Kieran would sit there for quite some time, talking to the other guests and children around the picnic, it was a good day, probably the last one he would see for a long time.

He would spend that time, talking to everyone he could, even the Guinecean. If anyone would respond, he was open to a friendly conversation, after all, what was better than a nice meal and friendly faces?

Dina would sit next to Keiran with a plate full of food, grumbling in between bites she would look over to him. "So, you know Amaziah from somewhere? What's his deal anyway? I'd figure the guy would jump at the chance to have some company along with him, besides, I don't see the problem with helping us learn the ways of the Rangers. Hell my grandad was a ranger in his day.....stupid custard Hunger ruining every damn thing. She would slam her hand into the table before taking a mouthful of mead from a nearby mug. So what is it you do Keiran? What brings you out to the middle of nowhere anyway? Are you from this world also?"

Kathy would simply sigh and shake her head as she got Keiran the last of what he wanted. "I swear sometimes I think you should have been born a boy Dina, you know having a twin brother would have been kinda cool" said Kathy to her twin with a smirk and a playful eye roll before heading over to help up one of the kids who had just fallen while playing with Abyss. Dina would give her twin sister a grimace and a middle finger before turning back her attention to Kieran. In mid turn she'd hiss at her sister with a sarcastic comment; "Nobody asked you poorly made socks, go bake some damn biscuits or something mom!" Dina would then look to Kieran for his answers to her earlier questions. Kathy simply laughed as she helped the little girl up from the ground, pointing to her sister as the child was standing once more. "Don't be like that mean lady, she's just mad that she can't make biscuits" said Kathy to the child who then giggled and went back to playing with the wolf.

Edited by amaziah aryeh

Ranger3.jpg

Scarfing down his food, he had to pause to both breath and speak, "What. Oh, uh. You could say that. I'm not really sure where I've seen him before, but after all we're both rangers. We've probably crossed paths during our travels." Kieran leans back, looking up at the sky. "I suppose that brings me to your next question. No I'm not a part of this world, but then again I'm not truly a part of any world. I've been wandering around since I was a kid, eventually I found a home, however it's not here." He looks back down to the girl, and continues. "So, why am I here? Well, I'm searching. I've been looking for people, for allies, friends. To see exciting places and meet interesting folk. Getting here was just fate guiding me."

Dina smiled as she chugged down the rest of her mead. Tossing the mug aside she would then grab an unopened bottle and give Keiron a full smile. "Hah! Well then, sounds like fun. I envy you for sure! Sounds like a great life, seeing all types of different places, meeting all kinds of different people. Yeah this hunger thing sucks but screw it, ya gotta go sometime!." She would finish the entire bottle eventually and then drawing her attention to a nearby chicken salad. Amaziah would be heading back to where Dina and Keiron were sitting and point out Kiwi at the one of the tables. Eyes widening to the size of saucers she would look to him "Hah! I see good food draws all types of critters to it eh? Am I wrong for wanting to snuggle her?". Dina would head over to Kiwi in awe, wanting to talk to the adorable creature.

Amaziah would look over to Kieron, "Forgive me for walking off there, while I am quite happy to see new arrivals and to be breaking bread with all of you I am also keeping an eye out for trouble. One has to keep this Oasis safe you know so that it can remain so."

He'd warmly smile before sitting at the table and resting for a bit, stopping to eat. "Well now its not often I get to sit and eat with other rangers. Always work, work, work."

Edited by amaziah aryeh

Ranger3.jpg

"It's not a problem, I understand, you've got to protect those around you and all that.". He mumbles to himself, "Even if I'm not very good at it ...". He turns to Amaziah, and continues. "The feeling is mutual, I rarely get to talk to other rangers, they tend to make themselves scarce. Might I add that it's even rarer to find one that is such an excellent cook."

Amaziah nodded "The world I'm from is an agricultural world primarily. Lots to eat, islands mainly, a beautiful place. My family is pretty well off in the classic sense - lots of rolling farm estates and such." They always stressed self reliance as well as service to those who need it so despite my quiet and idyllic upbringing I was always accompanying my father, grandfather and brothers and sisters to travels to another world. We are rangers mainly, not affiliated with the Warders like yourself though I run into them often and know them well enough. Anyways, being a good cook was part of our upbringing along with my training as a ranger." Amaziah would smile making one last comment before digging into some lamb stew.

"Can't save people on an empty stomach boy, my grandmother used to say."

Ranger3.jpg

Oh the food! It was delightful, every morsel she and young Joseph could reach she devoured with glee. Even at the inn, with her one half loaf of bread a day, she found herself hungry for everything, except the onions, nope, not the onions. Those were not good, they were bitter and stung her wee little nose. But oh, everything else was wonderful. She was stuffed to the point of bursting, and the poor wee lad had tapped out already, when she finally just started sipping at the cool, clean water in a drinking horn. "This was super good, thank you thank you thank you!" She squeaks happily to the youth, hugging his arm suddenly, quickly, before grabbing a bit of bread and hopping off the bench, wobbling towards a few people in conversation. She liked listening to people in conversation, she rarely if ever remembered them, but listening to the oafs was how she learned about the world and what was going on in it. One of them might have approached her while she was tunnelvisioned on the food, but when she was hungry there was only one thing Kiwi heard, and that was the siren song of her stomach. She approached slowly, lots of people, when they found her listening in, would throw things at her. She didn't want things thrown today, she was having fun!

Amaziah smiled down to the approaching Kiwi and made sure there was a seat for her as she came over. He would gently tap the empty seat for her to indicate that she can sit there.

"Why hello little one, its been quite some time that I've seen one of you. Are you a native of this world? I'm Amaziah a pleasure to meet you"

Ranger3.jpg

(Sorry sorry! I ended up helping a friend move, and then I died because moving is hard and all of my everything hurt)

Kiwi hops up on the seat and stares with remorse at all the things she didn't realize there were to eat, her wee little stomach was near full to bursting, but her eyes want her to try everything else, her mouth isn't helping as she near drools with anticipation. She hardly realizes the great oaf is speaking to her and she looks up quickly and with a great smile. "No, no, no, kiwi is from far away through the painting doors. Kiwi lives at St.Yagas with the matron and the padres and the other children." It's obvious that the creature you're addressing is quite 'simple', her speech is quick, and a little stuttered, and of all the guenetians you've come across in her travels she looks like none of them, her face almost looks chinchilla like, smaller and more narrow. You may have heard of the feral half-breeds the race has so desperately tried to hide, and that intelligence is not their strong suit. The case is no different than the mottled little creature before you. Her eyes are bright though, and her spirits high, her stomach growls loudly in protest as eyes a pie within arms reach, nothing more will fit, it seems to assure her, and she sighs wistfully. "Kiwi is happy to meet you too, did you make all this food? Kiwi loves all of it, it's so yummy, Kiwi has to bring some back to the inn keeper, but there's sooooooo much! Are you from here Mister Amaziah? Did you come through the painting doors too? Do you know how to get back to St.Yagas?"

(Stop being cute, Its perfectly fine *hands you Ben-gay and a cute male rabbit to give a massage to you)

Amaziah simply laughs and nods, he would slide over the pie to Kiwi and pours her a fresh glass of milk. "Painted doors, hmm...I guess you may mean the way to travel to other worlds. I can say yes to that, but St. Yagas? I've never heard of the place, I hope you find you home Kiwi and please enjoy the pie. Now as far as making all of this food? No, the kids helped with that. I made most of it but they supplied their own recipes as well so we gathered the ingredients and made them together. Please feel free to take as much as you can to the innkeeper, if you wish I can provide you transportation or escort you there myself. Just let me know when you are ready to go."

Amaziah being a ranger was always interested in meeting new creatures from the worlds he traveled to. Running into Guenetians was a rare thing for him and to meet one of the even rarer wild folk versions was even more of a treat. His love for animals and furry things would show slightly on his face, besides he far more enjoyed the company of Guenetians than the Horned deer looking folk - whom he always forgot their name as a species. "Damned stalkers" he thought to himself for a moment before looking back down to Kiwi with a fatherly smile.

Ranger3.jpg

(Kiwi comes in two flavors, cute, and toothy XD you don't want to see toothy)

"Oh..." her shoulders sink and she pouts a little. "Kiwi hopes to get back to St.Yagas with the shineys, they always need the shineys, I give them to the matron and she laughs and doesn't kick me. All the padres kick me." She rubs her rear end as though pain had reverberated through the memory. Then, as though a switch had been flipped she looks up at you, the sadness gone from her face. "Where did you come from before the painted doorways? Was it nice there? did they have a nice matron too?"

Edited by Anotherneko

The ranger could do nothing but just smile and chuckle a little. "I've been to many places through the painted doors, but the world I come from is is a beautiful one, lots of forests,rolling hills, gardens and sunshine. A very beautiful place that I know you would enjoy. Perhaps one day when I head back you can come with me, I promise that you won't be kicked there...ever." He'd sigh for a moment and just shake his head at the thought of someone kicking a creature especially a sentient one. Treat all living things as you would treat your family". He'd say to the small creature "I'm sorry you had to deal with such things, nothing deserves such treatment". He'd frown and sigh for a moment before looking back to Dina who fell asleep at the table. Grinning at her he would look over to the children playing with Abyss and he would check on Kieran and warmly invite him to the table with himself a now snoring Dina and Kiwi.

Ranger3.jpg