Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cell unlocking mechanic gone

Jihan

When the first version of the EK FAQ was released, it conveyed the strong impression that you had to unlock cells before you could place a parcel on them. So you started with a tiny EK and you had to build more wild cells and then place parcels on those cells.

The latest version of the EK FAQ doesn't talk about unlocking at all. On Twitter, JTC just confirmed that the unlocking mechanic is gone: You start with the whole 625 cells of your kingdom as wild terrain, and you can place parcels anywhere in the kingdom.

Sagacitas @Sagacitas 3h3 hours ago

@jtoddcoleman @CrowfallGame New FAQ doesn't mention unlocked cells- can we now place parcels anywhere in 625-cell kingdom without unlocking?

@Sagacitas @CrowfallGame yes! placing a parcel is the means of unlocking the cell.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Yea, I didn't notice the change, but based on the Twitter message, I guess they dropped the step of unlocking cells :

6. How can I make my Kingdom larger?

It will likely take a combination of time and raw materials (stone, iron and wood) to add cells (raw square footage) to your Kingdom.

7. When I add a cell, what is it filled with?

Terrain/Land. The contents of each cell is initially “wild”, meaning that it is filled with untamed (and unusable) forest. You cannot build assets on land that is wild – and without buildings, the land has very little utility/function.

To develop one or more cells, you have to unlock it, after which you can use materials to buy “parcel deeds”. These deeds represent tracts of land that can be dropped onto your map. Parcels can have unique shapes (like Tetris pieces) that always fit within the boundaries of one or more cells. Our plan is that parcel deeds will be purchased with in-game resources.

Note: Our Kickstarter backers who receive tax-free parcels with a pledge will automatically receive enough unlocked cells to place those parcels.

http://eternalcrows.com/faq/eternal-kingdoms/

Judging from the prices of the initial keep Stronghold Parcels offered on ACE's store, it looks like players have an incentive to obtain Parcels through Campaign export and congregating their parcels in the same EK for traffic.  Yet, whales still have the option to buy as many Parcels as they want to support the game and transform it into a social advantage by getting a head start in EK infrastructure, and inter-EK networking through embassy Parcels in many different popular EK.

Due to the negligible advantage EK resources give to players inside high reward Campaigns, I'd say this is a pretty good system.

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Judging from the prices of the initial keep Stronghold Parcels offered on ACE's store, it looks like players have an incentive to obtain Parcels through Campaign export and congregating their parcels in the same EK for traffic.  Yet, whales still have the option to buy as many Parcels as they want to support the game and transform it into a social advantage by getting a head start in EK infrastructure, and inter-EK networking through embassy Parcels in many different popular EK.

Due to the negligible advantage EK resources give to players inside high reward Campaigns, I'd say this is a pretty good system.

Yeah I mean they can buy all the parcels and strongholds they want but until they get resources from the Campaigns won't be able to do much else with them. Balances itself out that way.