Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

Size of Eternal Kingdom

I had trouble to understand how big the Eternal Kingdoms are so I draw it on paint :

fdvIVNQ.png?1 Lot   8 x 8 m = 64 m  2 (26 x 26 ft = 689 sq. ft)

WmheYuI.png?1 Superlot    40 x 40 m = 1,600 m2 (131 x 131 ft = 17,222 sq. ft = 0.4 ac.)

qsD2hF2.png?1 Cell    200 x 200 m = 40,000 m2 (656 x 656 ft = 430,556 sq. ft = 9.9 ac.)

pSYZ8GQ.png?1 Supercell    1,000 x 1,000 m = 1,000,000 m2 (3281 x 3281 ft = 10,763,910 sq. ft = 247 ac.)

bMt8IZm.png?1 Kingdom   up to 5,000 x 5,000 m = 25,000,000 m2 (16,404 x 16,404 ft = 269,097,760 sq. ft = 6178 ac.)

yBaPLnE.png

So if I calculated correctly, it would take about 30 minutes to run from one side to the other of our Eternal Kingdom, if we're running at 10 km/h (6 mph).

That's huge.  :mellow:

it would take about 30 minutes to run from one side to the other of our Eternal Kingdom, if we're running at 10 km/h (6 mph).

Confirming that you can run 5 km in half an hour at 10 km/hour. Math checks out.

Mind you, we have no idea what a normal running speed is, in game. It could be double that or half that.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Wow, this is really awesome. This puts me at ease when it comes to being able to create "factional cities" for the community to come together. As long as the Public menu and Filters are done correctly things are looking pretty good.

It's not necessary to run across the entire EK. Since EKs will be combined, we mainly have to stay behind keeps or travel across EK for the purpose of getting to a friends' stronghold. I do agree that EK is vast since it promotes even the construction of a nation. I saw somewhere that the Entitlement of King will be given to large guilds etc. and I think having a huge EK allows such a system to exist.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

looks like 160 parcels could fit in there I think. good, coz a parcel in the middle of a lake would absurd. unless i'm misunderstanding parcels. bah, so much work

In the case that every area of a maximum size (25 km2) allow the placement of parcels, and that the parcels are built with 7 cells of 0.04 km(like the H-shaped keep sold in the store) then I think you could place 89 parcels in your EK.

Edit : I didn't take into account that the shape of the parcels have to fit together so it might be less than 89 H-shaped keep parcels actually. It's possible my calculation are completely off too. Some parcels are as small as one cell and in a 25 km2 EK there are 625 cells that can fit in, if all the area allow parcel placement.

Edited by courant101

All wild cells allow parcel placement. Different parcels will have different amounts of blocked building lots, but at the cell level there are no blocked cells in the kingdom.

As a comparison, the island nation of Nauru is 21 km2, so a little smaller than an EK.

I don't think using a 7-cell H as your standard tiling parcel is a good guess. I would think that most kingdoms would have only a few parcels that size, with most parcels being smaller and simpler marketplace or resource types.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

All wild cells allow parcel placement. Different parcels will have different amounts of blocked building lots, but at the cell level there are no blocked cells in the kingdom.

As a comparison, the island nation of Nauru is 21 km2, so a little smaller than an EK.

I don't think using a 7-cell H as your standard tiling parcel is a good guess. I would think that most kingdoms would have only a few parcels that size, with most parcels being smaller and simpler marketplace or resource types.

True, your message makes lot of sense to me. I wonder if they will make the Eternal Kingdom map perfectly square or if they will go with a another shape. And the same questions I had about campaign worlds : how the EK map will end? how is it represented? Island, or floating "planets", normal world...  :P

I think a 25 cell x 25 cell square is the most likely candidate for EK shape. Island in a void would be my guess.

Tully

The bottom line is EKs are HUGE.  I'm kind of worried about how much focus the community is placing on the EKs. 

The game is the campaigns, not the EKs.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

The bottom line is EKs are HUGE.  I'm kind of worried about how much focus the community is placing on the EKs. 

But we don't know much else about the game and conversation thus becomes stale so it is only natural to then speculate on a more neutral topic concerning this game.

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

Not everyone wants to know about the Hunger : safer worlds are safe.  :P

They can be large, but most EKs won't be.  I'd wager 98% of the kingdoms will never grow past the first 3x3 of cells.  and remember, Campaign worlds will be bigger than EKs, to allow for more exploration.  

People are only talking about the EKs right now because that's the most recent thing we've dropped.   The best thing about being involved in the game development process is that you get to see the game come to life.  The worst part is the waiting. 

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Size is everything?:)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"