Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

New forum ranks

Ravens and Crows are backwards.

I'd agree, except that this is CROWfall, not Ravenfall. Let's face it: If I'd put ravens at the top, someone would still gripe. This is a tuff crowd. heh

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Its Old Norse (the 'ok' in the first line gives it away). Probably a stanza from a saga? I am curious actually.

Hehe I know.

I am Danish, understand Norwegian and Swedish and some Iceland(ish?).

I understood it thoug, which were suprising.

Had to find an english translation-

Hugin and Munin

Fly every day

Over all the world;

I worry for Hugin

That he might not return,

But I worry more for Munin.[1]

Hugin and Munin is Odins (the all fathers) Ravens that he use to spy on the world with.

His eyes on midgaard as it is (wich is symbolic since he lost and eye in a well).

Every day they lfy out into midgaard and collect information, every night they come back and whisper what they have seen and heard in in Odins ear.

Hugin flies futher, but Munin usually flies into more dangerous areas, sometimes to umm udgård. (No clue what that is in english. It is the area where Lokis people live)

Edited by Cirolle

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

2k is as high as it goes? Pfft...we have a year and a half to go before it even starts. We need a 5k and 10k atleast.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Its Old Norse (the 'ok' in the first line gives it away). Probably a stanza from a saga? I am curious actually.

It's from one of the Eddas, Grímnismál, which has a long monologue by Odin. In this passage he's talking about his ravens, Thought and Desire. (Muninn is usually tranlated as "memory" but that's not the most likely translation.)

Huginn ok Muninn                    Thought and Desire

fljúga hverjan dag                    fly every day

Jörmungrund yfir;                     over the entire world

óumk ek of Hugin,                    I fear for Thought

at hann aftr né komi-t,             that he will not return

þó sjámk meir of Munin.           but I worry more about Desire.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

2k is as high as it goes? Pfft...we have a year and a half to go before it even starts. We need a 5k and 10k atleast.

Quoth this Raven: Pleasenomore!

I'd agree, except that this is CROWfall, not Ravenfall. Let's face it: If I'd put ravens at the top, someone would still gripe. This is a tuff crowd. heh

Can I get some posts deducted and my count locked at Raven then?

:D

:)

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Hehe I know.

Hugin and MuninFly every dayOver all the world;I worry for HuginThat he might not return,But I worry more for Munin.[1]

Hugin and Munin is Odins (the all fathers) Ravens that he use to spy on the world with.

His eyes on midgaard as it is (wich is symbolic since he lost and eye in a well).

Every day they lfy out into midgaard and collect information, every night they come back and whisper what they have seen and heard in in Odins ear.

Hugin flies futher, but Munin usually flies into more dangerous areas, sometimes to umm udgård. (No clue what that is in english. It is the area where Lokis people live)

read the forum carefully before posting something that had already been posted many times Edited by rajah

That wasn't to you- headlight has the titles reversed in his table.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

well super veteran started at 500 and that was the last title before. at least we got a few more in there.

I guess they can just keep going back and adding more instead of just doing it right the first time.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

It's from one of the Eddas, Grímnismál, which has a long monologue by Odin. In this passage he's talking about his ravens, Thought and Desire. (Muninn is usually tranlated as "memory" but that's not the most likely translation.)

Huginn ok Muninn                    Thought and Memory

fljúga hverjan dag                    fly every day

Jörmungrund yfir;                     over the entire world

óumk ek of Hugin,                    I fear for Thought

at hann aftr né komi-t,             that he will not return

þó sjámk meir of Munin.           but I worry more about Desire.

You are totally right.

I had forgotten the relation to memory (or thought) and desire.

It works with Thought flying far and desire being dangerous.

Hehe I know.

Hugin and Munin

Fly every day

Over all the world;

I worry for Hugin

That he might not return,

But I worry more for Munin.[1]

I love Scandinavian languages, although I must say I still find Danish pronunciation very strange :P Actually, I'll be taking a course in Old Norse at the University of Amsterdam next academic year. They translate the Eddas and put them in historic context. Together with Chinese and Japanese cultures, Scandinavian is my most favourite area.

Again, there's no solution here that would make everyone happy. The rank system is a bit tricksy because there will be people who will try to powergame the system just to increase their post counts to get to the highest rank possible in the shortest amount of time. That means we'd all have to put up with a boatload of absolute crapposting. *cough*youknowwhoyouare*cough*

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I love Scandinavian languages, although I must say I still find Danish pronunciation very strange :P Actually, I'll be taking a course in Old Norse at the University of Amsterdam next academic year. They translate the Eddas and put them in historic context. Together with Chinese and Japanese cultures, Scandinavian is my most favourite area.

Best bet is Iceland still.

The rest of us have moved to far from the original

Again, there's no solution here that would make everyone happy. The rank system is a bit tricksy because there will be people who will try to powergame the system just to increase their post counts to get to the highest rank possible in the shortest amount of time. That means we'd all have to put up with a boatload of absolute crapposting. *cough*youknowwhoyouare*cough*

We will try to do that anyhow.

Besides... the "new" big thing is post to like ratios.

Titles means nothing to the hardore :P

(Thank you for the titles btw hehe)

Most definitely not me.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Love the myths, and the ideas around it. I remember seeing a great native american myth about ravens in Northern Exposure. That show was so good.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

She's onto you checkyo....