Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 monitor setup for crowfall

Schliems

Hey everyone just bought Nvidia EVGA GTX 960 4gb  for my rig and i cant wait to see this game run on this card but i was wondering if this card will be strong enough to support 3 monitors at 1080p? Saving up for 3 27'' inches monitors and a HDMI multistreamer. Cant wait for that incredible fps ;)

My computer Components:

CPU-i7 3.6ghz

RAM-16 GB

Current GPU-  Geforce GTX 750 TI *Upgrading it to EVGA GTX 960 4GB*

Power Supply- 650w

That would look nice and you could probably maintain a solid 60. But, what are you going to do in large fights?

I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no way you can run a game at 4K with 60 fps on decent settings on a GTX980. Maybe in SLI, but then you might get a stable ~30 fps.

4K gaming is just not there yet on a single card setup. Maybe next year with the new generation. Unless you're willing to buy Titan X.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no way you can run a game at 4K with 60 fps on decent settings on a GTX980. Maybe in SLI, but then you might get a stable ~30 fps.

4K gaming is just not there yet on a single card setup. Maybe next year with the new generation. Unless you're willing to buy Titan X.

Burst my bubble? Lol.....

That would look nice and you could probably maintain a solid 60. But, what are you going to do in large fights?

Downscale to 1080p if it cannot maintain over 50fps. Since 4k has exactly 4 times the pixel count it can perfectly downscale to 1080p without losing any quality.

so how would you guys setup a 3 monitor setup? Sounds like you can't do so without a monster video card but even so you'd have not premium fps? What if you had a 4k monitor for your center/gaming one and just turned the other two off during gaming? (unless you're multi-boxing of course)

I would not even attempt a 3 monitor gaming setup. The bezels would be too annoying for me. I would go for an 21:9 screen with a 3440x1440 resolution with a 2nd 1080p screen for easy access to a browser and voice chat.

Only when single cards can handle gaming at 4K at 60fps easily I will consider it.

ZCcquVD.png

Acers have very small Bezls. and Gsync makes sub 60fps look good.

Even those bezels count double if you put them next to each other! ;) It might just be me, but even one line of black pixels would annoy the hell out of me. I even can't stand one stuck pixel, because I will see it every time I turn on that monitor!

I agree G-sync is great, but those monitors are still relatively expensive. Same as IPS screens. With 4k gaming around the corner I just can't justify upgrading from 2 1080p screens to something else. The Pascal cards looks really promising with 3D stacked (unified) memory and NV Link (http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/03/25/gpu-roadmap-pascal/).

They promise 10x the performance of the current generation, although we need to take that with a grain of salt I think. If only Pascal get 5x the performance it is still a major improvement and making 4k gaming possible.

ZCcquVD.png

I'm not looking to run this game at 4k settings, because my card is mid-range but i was thinking for 1080p for a 3 monitor setup

Errm, I've benchmarked a 980 and it ran 4k fine.

so how would you guys setup a 3 monitor setup? Sounds like you can't do so without a monster video card but even so you'd have not premium fps? What if you had a 4k monitor for your center/gaming one and just turned the other two off during gaming? (unless you're multi-boxing of course)

I would wait 5 years until someone invents a virtual monitor view on oculus rift. ;..;

(or for release of hololens)

Edited by Eren

Errm, I've benchmarked a 980 and it ran 4k fine.

Sure.

http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-gtx-980-tested-sli-4k-and-single-gpu-benchmarks-and-impressions/#page-1

They barely get ~35 fps on 4K with 2(!) GTX 980's. I don't know your definition of fine, but my expectations are a bit higher than that. I could provide more sources, but Google is your friend.

ZCcquVD.png

Sure.

http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-gtx-980-tested-sli-4k-and-single-gpu-benchmarks-and-impressions/#page-1

They barely get ~35 fps on 4K with 2(!) GTX 980's. I don't know your definition of fine, but my expectations are a bit higher than that. I could provide more sources, but Google is your friend.

Youtube is your friend aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HMlIekzBQ4