Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Milestone 1: Combat testing - Official discussion thread

Since I know there is no way they'll need an amber just yet

higher pledges: please actually criticize the game, most beta/alpha tests have a large group of people who say the "its just beta/alpha/whatever" and pretty much support any decision the devs come up with

for once, the devs for a game actually want criticism from the testers, so please actually do a bit of that

gtlLXYT.png

I haven't been so excited about testing since hunger week day 2 when I realized how far the game development was.

Can't wait to see if pre-alpha individual access will be sold in the Store!

"- Testers will be selected in order. That means that we'll start at the beginning of the list of pre-alpha testers and invite people until we have as many as we need. If we need more, we'll invite more until we have enough and then we'll stop. Testers won't be bound by an NDA so they will be able to talk freely on the forums, in podcasts, etc."  :wub:

Since I know there is no way they'll need an amber just yet

higher pledges: please actually criticize the game, most beta/alpha tests have a large group of people who say the "its just beta/alpha/whatever" and pretty much support any decision the devs come up with

for once, the devs for a game actually want criticism from the testers, so please actually do a bit of that

An addendum to this:

Give criticism, but don't rant like a child. There's a difference.

So can we buddy buddy up with some of the devs in order to get better access !?  :) I kid... kinda.. 10+ year industry vet looking for invite. :X I can write bug reports in your favorite choice / format!

Edited by shival

This game has PvP combat?! O_O

Just kidding.

Seriously, though. Testers, I implore you to keep in mind those tidbits they've provided, about how it isn't going to be balanced, and it isn't going to be the final-product formula for the Archetypes' ability lists, etc. Just try to tune out the problems that are outside the scope of the testing. (Although, if something's inhibiting your ability to test combat properly, I'd definitely mention that, even if it's "this ability is OP because every time I attack, everything within a 10-mile radius explodes" or something.)

/cheer /cheer

Be all that you can be!

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

That's possible. I assumed that all Alpha testers would be lumped together and they would get in based on their pledge position. But it does make sense that Ruby and Emerald would get in before Sapphire, even if the Sapphire player pledged before them.

Pretty sure the only factors for priority are : Beta entitlement > backer #. I think they won't prioritize a backer who pledged $900 over a backer who pledged $880 if the latter has a lower backer #. So, if this is correct, a player with a Ruby pledge (Alpha 1) and another player with Sapphire pledge (Alpha 1) both have to refer to their backer # to see who got the priority. However I could be totally wrong and I guess we'll know soon enough.  :)

Praying for a window for these guys!!

:D

They could've given them windows, but they decided to go with Macs instead.

6_u

Edited by Lephys

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Great update! Definitely would love to be apart of the test group. This game keeps getting better and better the more updates I get to read.

- As noted, we've rebuilt the combat system that you saw in the video. (1) It needed to be hardened, it was too fragile for launch, and (2) it wasn't good enough. Sometimes you have to break a sword to reforge it.

never really hear those words from a developer either which is really good to hear. The ACE team is awesome and I look forward to further supporting your ideas and efforts towards this epic game. awesome-lincoln.jpg

I know that I enjoy watching some wealthy whale donators be horrible at testing and pvp...So excited.../sarc  At least it will be a little taste of what is to come when a larger base of skilled players get to test it out. I guess its also a good sign that things are moving in the testing Alpha testing direction.