Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibal man

State of the Guild Forum Section

Absolutely preposterous

That's my thoughts on this section of the boards. Now many of you know my beliefs about why the OT forums are awful, but in this section of my utterly great rants I thought I'd go on about what the Guild Discussion boards are lacking and how they are currently holding back the growth of a healthy community.

-First off, not being able to talk guild politics is absolutely insane. INSANE. Every, and I mean every, pvp mmorpg allows their community to talk about this important subject. Political banter breeds competition, competition breeds activity, activity breeds money in Artcraft's pocket. Not to mention forum usage spikes, community involvement grows, and a whole other list of effects. This policy needs to change ASAP.

-No cursing allowed? Look, I'm a big proponent of free speech and in a game that offers more freedom than the average game out there means your going to end up with a lot of people like me. Now, I can kind've understand why you have a profanity filter for the other boards, but I don't necessarily agree with it. Especially for the OT boards. However, the Guild section is ABSOLUTELY where profanity needs to be allowed. This is where kids come to whine after losing that siege. Or talk trash about winning that epic pvp battle. And even better yet, part of the way guilds establish dominance over others! For this forum to disallow profanity is like stepping back in time, and is going to stop a lot of people from truly getting the most out of this game. Shoot, I know people who didn't back the kickstarter because of this very reason!

- Make two guild sections. One for recruitment and the place where the... undesirables can talk about their individual guild. Then the other about actual political discussion. But until that happens, you guys HAVE to change this particular section around to allow the above mentioned policies.

To be plain, it is just killing me how you guys are impeding the growth of this community. If you don't see how, then my expectations for Crowfall will unfortunately drop. After all, a game's forum is oftentimes just as important as any crucial part of the actual game.

It is my sincere hope that you guys had a plan in the future to seriously revamp the boards to be somewhat similar to what I posted, but you guys need to up your timeline. The community will be crippled til then.

Anyway mods, kept it clean for ya for once even though it was hypocritical to do so. Please don't lock.

I would like to apologize to those who were offended who were not the target of my post but felt attacked for their association with the game Shadowbane. I know for a fact good people that I respected were angered by the words here, as well as many I don't know who have never descended to the level some on these forums have. To those people, I am sorry.

To those for whom the original message here was originally intended, you already know who you are. Congratulations, you got me to stoop down to your level with something just as nasty as your usual fare. I took the bait. Sure it's a badge of dishonor for you. It'll be your only one.

Regardless, even though the original has been quoted and will live on in perpetuity, it's still my responsibility to delete the original content here.

Edited by seventhbeacon

In light of the degree of filth that comes from you degenerate Shadowbaners, I'm surprised they're letting you post at all. I'm not even talking about actual political Forumfall. I'm referring to you being disgusting human beings.

Considering some of the posts I've seen that have been allowed/not deleted, I don't mind pointing out the obvious any more, so enjoy some socks, poorly made.  :rolleyes:

Show us on the doll where the Shadowbaners touched you 7B

Where+did+he+touch+you+show+us+on+_35474

I'm sorry WM ran a train on you. Bet they video'd it and used your tears for lube. I can see why though, they're so gd abundant. You should get tested.

In light of the degree of filth that comes from you degenerate Shadowbaners, I'm surprised they're letting you post at all. I'm not even talking about actual political Forumfall. I'm referring to you being disgusting human beings.

Considering some of the posts I've seen that have been allowed/not deleted, I don't mind pointing out the obvious any more, so enjoy some socks, poorly made.  :rolleyes:

I-would-love-to-insult-you1.png

Welcome to their level. This post is absolutely terrible and you're an asshat. custard off.

Yeah, I'm mad. Hypocritical hooligan.

While you get the meaning of this forum wrong (it IS the recruitment forum) I'm here to support your longing for an actual guild-politics forum.

Yet, that won't be any more than senseless bashing and reveling in past exploits currently, without an actual game. Did you have a look at the Shadowbane-Forum? It's pretty much what you are looking for (at least, if you are a Baneite).

We're working on forums to accomdate the adults talking, as adults do when discussing politics via a forum. Invites will be going out to start then maybe open it up to the public if that's the direction we want to go with things.

I agree with OP, even though half his posts are well...poorly made socks. Agelmar is on a witch hunt closing threads, I get it since ya'll want to keep this area for recruitment and ISO. Maybe you guys should split it into Guild General and Guild Recruitment. Not being able to politick is ridiculous, about as ridiculous as the word filter.

LOL @ 7B. I knew you'd finally get riled up and post some stupid poorly made socks instead of hiding out acting like billy badass to your gonzo crew.. Let's see how your guild holds out over the next few months.

We're working on forums to accomdate the adults talking, as adults do when discussing politics via a forum. Invites will be going out to start then maybe open it up to the public if that's the direction we want to go with things.

I actually respect you guys for taking those few beatings in general and just going along with it after huffing and puffing. I had some fun times with LotD, but I don't think an off-site forum will get the kind of population for political talk come game time. Alpha will be upon us soon, not sure why everyone is so surprised by politicking on these forums already when we're mostly ex-SBers. It shouldn't be contained to that forum anymore

I actually respect you guys for taking those few beatings in general and just going along with it after huffing and puffing. I had some fun times with LotD, but I don't think an off-site forum will get the kind of population for political talk come game time. Alpha will be upon us soon, not sure why everyone is so surprised by politicking on these forums already when we're mostly ex-SBers. It shouldn't be contained to that forum anymore

Well once these forums get locked down, it might be the only place to have a political forums instead of "Good game". Even the "gf even numbers" will be instantly recognized as tr0lling and get you a temp ban. 7B will have his desired forums soon enough.

Well once these forums get locked down, it might be the only place to have a political forums instead of "Good game". Even the "gf even numbers" will be instantly recognized as tr0lling and get you a temp ban. 7B will have his desired forums soon enough.

Christ dude, don't talk like that. I need a forum on here to house my degenerate behavior.

Christ dude, don't talk like that. I need a forum on here to house my degenerate behavior.

We'll have to make our fan site and it'll just be those who have been banned on it.

But seriously, ACE couldn't handle hosting a political forums. The nature of the beast is just too offensive. They can hire as many community mods as they want and it would result in no one posting on it or mods going xcom (which is the same thing)

Edited by headlight