Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibal man

State of the Guild Forum Section

The best guess is everyone was simply fed up. He was never popular among anyone even the other mods.

I subscribe to the theory that his purpose was to be the executioner and once he did the dirty work, they cut him loose. No hard feelings as he knew his purpose and he probably found something early he didn't like about the game and was out of here anyhow. That's the gentlest version. But I have my tin foil hat on.

No he was two much of an egotistical little girl to be an "executioner". He was just insulted.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

No he was two much of an egotistical little girl to be an "executioner". He was just insulted.

I think there are tissues for that...though I'm not sure.  You'll have to talk to Primal about it.  Don't want to get another WTF gif.

[@--(o.O)@]

this thread has more stars than LW. Just saying...

(waits for LW forum thread about downvoting this thread)

Oh, but does it have more likes?  Wait.........nvm.    Some guild took care of that.   Sorry.  My mistake.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

custard you kids, ruining my 5 star rating.

I've been holding off from posting cause I couldn't quite custard believe it. So go ahead, show your true stripes and down vote you noobs.I will remember!

Oh, and LOL at LW! Wonder which guild the baddies are gonna create/join now? Guess that thing with Pax is in the trash. One successful death of an alliance already under my belt, oorah!

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

custard you kids, ruining my 5 star rating.

I've been holding off from posting cause I couldn't quite custard believe it. So go ahead, show your true stripes and down vote you noobs.I will remember!

Oh, and LOL at LW! Wonder which guild the baddies are gonna create/join now? Guess that thing with Pax is in the trash. One successful death of an alliance already under my belt, oorah!

Don't claim responsibility for our work.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

/sigh

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

You are talking here in DF game mechanics.

In a campaign lasting a month or three, and 3-5-20 more campaigns running at the same time - the political Meta for the masses will play an way smaller factor than it did in DF. On top of that there will , more likely, be close no masses to sway since the small players will avoid the big players campaigns or they will be tightly allied with the side they will think it will win. 

And if you think betrayal - DF style, that is also less likely to happen since the world comes to an end and when a new map starts the choices of allies for betraying guilds will be smaller and smaller.

One more factor that makes it so much different than DF is the fact that the advantage obtained through exploits will have limited impact and restarting from scratch and on equal footing is something exploiters have little love for.

So you sir should check the "clueless" section of the forums and check out the member list :P

/salute

You forget, the campaigns are exactly that, campaigns. Campaigns inside the war itself. France and England didn't hash out all their anger in one war and leave it at that. poorly made socks, one could argue they were at war with each other for the better-part of their existence, but just inter-mixed with short down times (like short down-times inbetween campaigns) to recoup their losses.

No, this game could have more of a intense political scene than even Darkfall. And that's saying something considering mass deception was in use by clans long before the actual game came out haha.

Some might fail to realize that if they remove the filter all the way, many would likely be banned. Seems like some get away with saying rather offensive and CoC breaking comments because "custard" takes all the wind out of the comment and actually make it rather amusing. But if people want to take that risk, so be it, especially when the game is out.

Nah just suspensions man, we take them in strides. Post whatever the hell we want to post til our infractions start adding up, and then chill out for a little bit. You don't know forumfall.

For those wanting to play the "political game" what does that look like at this stage? I briefly played SB and only screwed around with a friend's character in DF so missed the whole forum battle thing. Do you all simply talk trash to one another? "I'm going to own you in the game where people get owned"? Honestly sort of lost where some plan to take it and especially at this point. Most appear to not even represent a guild currently, not sure how "political" an individual can be. Unless I'm missing some deeper complexity to the concept. Was this tied into how Banes worked? Start the clock then hit the forums to "fight" before the fight?

The real fight happens on the boards. poorly made socks, pre-launch of Darkfall, Society of the Anvil and the Duchy of Wessex built up this huge rivalry on the boards between their clans for attention and to increase activity. Then woah and behold the two leaders came out near launch and said they were best of friends and had planned the rivalry on purpose. Thus creating the largest alliance in the game, 2000 something strong members last I remember. Now that's just an example, but alliance's fates will be decided by whom can convince the larger playerbase to help them in their war. "Oh, these scumbags are hackers and sieged us at 4am. We need the help of the whole server to defeat these custards!"

I get there is a clique that get the inside joke or whatever, but as there is likely to be just as many if not a lot more that don't, might need to shed some light so others get what is going on. If not, really don't see them pulling back on the policies. If someone says something that appears offensive under the assumption that someone will "get it" that isn't likely to keep the masses happy.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. It's a hard thing to explain how forums have such an impact on the actual game, and the concept itself is hard to understand unless you actually see it in action. But I'm willing to try to explain it.

Edited by cannibal man

I threw the match that lit the explosion. I'ma damn well claim responsibility no matter how much time you spent pouring the gasoline.

Edited by cannibal man

Coincidence of use or affiliation to the military?

Coincidence. Just got back from my grandfather's funeral and there were a lot of servicemen there. Hueys were flown over and so forth. Ended up getting way too drunk with the guys and guess some of it rubbed off on me.

hopefully none of the STD's did either.

Did you just refer to a bunch of vietnam vets as STD infested?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Look, not all of us went to Vietnam... there's been Korea, Iraq, Iraq again, Afghanistan, and a plethora of other places no one can talk about. :D

No shi*t, Sherlock. Everyone and their mom is a vet. Just because you got the clap from some drinky boys/girls in Korea, doesn't mean everyone else did.

The clap's curable and is a genuine badge of honor! If you hadn't had it yet, then your missing out.

Edited by cannibal man