Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
headlight

Embarassing gamer stories

Someone never read Hamlet. :P

I most certainly have, although it has been quite a while.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Clearly, Holrom did something right if you are still sour grapes over it many years later and only can bring up the Come to Jesus video.

What sour grapes? Apparently you're quite confused as to the meaning of this expression. I've actually never encountered Holrom in-game; his tenure as KGB GL started after KGB played on any of my servers.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Embarassing gamer stories

MaT's manifesto that he sent to several guilds on how to zerg QFT, created years(?) after Shadowbane shut down.

Edited by zooksimo

MaT's manifesto that he sent to several guilds on how to zerg QFT, created years(?) after Shadowbane shut down.

It's very interesting that you would try to construe that as "embarrassing," but I shouldn't be surprised as BSR alluded to the thread previously. I'm quite proud of my large feet, in fact. I seem to have the perfect avatar at present.

I sent that .doc to one person, Xemise. He then sent it to bry of FTP. It also wasn't embarrassing in the slightest - almost all of the feedback received in that thread was complimentary toward the writing content. I recall one post in particular wherein Memnon of DR contended that the author had to have been someone with experience writing SOPs for the U.S. military. QFT tried to incite ridicule under the alleged premise that I had spent a ridiculous amount of time preparing the document, but it was of course later revealed that the document was only a rough draft that took roughly an hour to prepare. When it was written, I had just finished law school and was knee-deep in bar prep. That particular style of writing and formatting was well-hammered into my skull to an overwhelming extent; since then, I've learned how to completely remove the 'lawyer cap' on gaming forums and elsewhere. I honestly wish that the thread was still around. If there was any embarrassment, it was within the eyes of the DoD core of GooL, as I didn't consult anyone in the guild before writing the thing. They also had no idea as to what I had been up to over the preceding three years.

I actually freely ventured into the public Murraybane Ventrilo after the thread was started, expecting some ball busting or a roast of some sort. Instead, everyone kissed my bottom. The foremost sycophant was Blasphemous of OPP, whose only criticism of the notion was that "GooL didn't need anyone else to demolish QFT," reminding me that GooL had roflstomped both QFT and OPP simultaneously during their defense of his own Emerald Trainers city. Still, the entire point was to engineer a new guild that would have recourse to the same number of active and inactive players as QFT. While the numbers of our own respective guilds would fluctuate and typically decrease over time, QFT had such a large pool of reserve players that they could almost always raise 3 or more groups of actives for a siege, either recruiting or bringing back many players whenever a certain pool of players opted to take a break. This was QFT's primary strength, at least in my view.

The current composition of WM isn't too far from what the "Citadel of the Superior" document envisioned, but it is arguably even better as it is a single guild unit that is not fragmented and that also benefits from a more authoritarian form of leadership. With all of the laughable "gummy bear guild" accusations, WM is also far more reminiscent of my own particularly unique past in SB. QFT has been noticeably extinct from Shadowbane since the inception of WM, only daring to step out of the shadows on SBEMU after WM had left the server. I personally fail to see this as a mere chance coincidence. After getting thoroughly buttressed in the SBEMU under Validation tags, QFT has vanished back into irrelevance. The "Citadel" document was extremely short-sighted in that regard - it was written under the evidently flawed presumption that QFT would continue to be relevant in the SB emulator(s). Alas, this was not to be.

Our respective conceptions of what constitutes an embarrassing moment are also extremely different, or so it seems. A truly embarrassing moment would be going into the SBEMU public Ventrilo server to threaten to commit suicide if all of WM's McLovin' signatures were not immediately removed from the SBEMU forums. At least in my own humble opinion.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

I shouldn't have to explain the obvious, but this is a sub-forum for a dead game. Aside from any emulator developments, there really is nothing new to discuss. Ergo, the rehashing of old crap is virtually inevitable. I'm more than happy to discuss current events in the SB sense. Such is not possible with so many QFT posters, though, seeing as how their players have been in hiding for several years now.

You shouldn't allow yourself to become apoplectic over this state of affairs. We already brought Zooks McLovin' close to the brink of death - if you stroked out at the keyboard from old SB drama, I'm not sure the community's conscience could cope!

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

I shouldn't have to explain the obvious, but this is a sub-forum for a dead game. Aside from any emulator developments, there really is nothing new to discuss. Ergo, the rehashing of old crap is virtually inevitable. I'm more than happy to discuss current events in the SB sense. Such is not possible with so many QFT posters, though, seeing as how their players have been in hiding for several years now.

You shouldn't allow yourself to become apoplectic over this state of affairs. We already brought Zooks McLovin' close to the brink of death - if you stroked out at the keyboard from old SB drama, I'm not sure the community's conscience could cope!

Find something DIFFERENT TO custard REHASH ALREADY!!! Seriously you guys bring the exact same argument into every thread, no matter what the discussion is. Most of us don't give a custard.

Find something DIFFERENT TO custard REHASH ALREADY!!! Seriously you guys bring the exact same argument into every thread, no matter what the discussion is. Most of us don't give a custard.

If you don't give a custard, then there's absolutely no need for you to chimp out over what other people write. Go cry to someone who cares.

4H4LmCE.gif

If you don't give a custard, then there's absolutely no need for you to chimp out over what other people write. Go cry to someone who cares.

You are worse than AIDS. Seriously. At least if the forums had AIDS we could take a god damn pill to suppress the symptoms. But nope, instead we're stuck with you driving us to alcoholism over your incessant need to hear yourself speak on the same subject repeatedly. You are more fixated than autistic children I know.

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

I most certainly have, although it has been quite a while.

"Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit..." II/2

But its ok. Reading helps relieve the tedium at work. Although it is sad. The forumbane we get these days is poorly made socks compared to what we used to have.

PFq3vWQ.png

oh goodness, the infection is spreading.... this is amusing.

/inb4lock

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

Yeah, no way I'm reading all of that. Can I get a TL;DR version from someone?

A truly embarrassing moment would be going into the SBEMU public Ventrilo server to threaten to commit suicide if all of WM's McLovin' signatures were not immediately removed from the SBEMU forums. At least in my own humble opinion.

Did a CTRL + F to find if you had directly replied to me, and wasn't disapointed!

But I'm afraid you got trolled hard if someone claiming to be Zooks went to the public EMU ventrillo. I didn't even know that was a thing. On the subject of the McLovin thing, it's never bothered me. I always thought it was kind of funny to be honest, and I like the attention. I even had a McLovin sig for myself at one point on the official SB forums, but I was asked to remove it when RL attacks between people were getting out of hand. Companies view that kind of stuff as a pretty big liability.

When WM went nuts and got themselves banned, I was even out of town on a work trip without access to the forums other than a smart phone.

My only complaint about the McLovin thing is that the movie is eight years old. You folks could have kept the thing going by introducing some stuff from Role Models or even Kickass, but just aren't creative enough.

Posting actual RL pics is kind of another story. I don't want someone seeing that and thinking I actually associate with this community.

Edited by zooksimo

Yeah, no way I'm reading all of that. Can I get a TL;DR version from someone?

TL;DR

Start new discussion.

Old enemy appears!

Drama devours yet another post.

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

But I'm afraid you got trolled hard if someone claiming to be Zooks went to the public EMU ventrillo. I didn't even know that was a thing. On the subject of the McLovin thing, it's never bothered me. I always thought it was kind of funny to be honest, and I like the attention. I even had a McLovin sig for myself at one point on the official SB forums, but I was asked to remove it when RL attacks between people were getting out of hand. Companies view that kind of stuff as a pretty big liability.

When WM went nuts and got themselves banned, I was even out of town on a work trip without access to the forums other than a smart phone.

My only complaint about the McLovin thing is that the movie is eight years old. You folks could have kept the thing going by introducing some stuff from Role Models or even Kickass, but just aren't creative enough.

Posting actual RL pics is kind of another story. I don't want someone seeing that and thinking I actually associate with this community.

The above is extremely weak as far as complete fabrications go. Of course, no one would go through the trouble of impersonating you in order to get all of the McLovin' content removed. Apparently you are no stranger to states of complete delusion and extreme insecurity. If nothing else, your statement evinces the fact that your reaction to the affair was, in fact, an "embarrassing" gamer moment.

Just for the record, I never changed my signature or participated in the trolIing incident. I was just a detached observer who found your pitiable response to be quite hilarious. I'll keep you in my prayers, pleading with the Almighty that you eventually learn how to stand up for yourself and confront your cyberbullies. The contrast with how I approached the matter of an entire guild attempting to trolI me on a forum vis-a-vis your own response to the plethora of WM McLovin' signatures on the SBEMU forums is telling.

*edit - why the heck is the word "trolIing" censored..

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Of course, no one would go through the trouble of impersonating you in order to get all of the McLovin' content removed.

Let's pretend for a moment that it does upset me.

What's more believable? That'd I'd go onto a ventrillo server that hasn't been active since 2013 (I asked around about it) to plead for mercy from some internet folks holding a 6 year old grudge thus inciting it even more, or that I'd just hop on skype and ask Rewen to start banning IP addresses?

Or, being a mod there, just do it myself?

The embaressing thing here is that someone trolled you guys with something any normal person would see right through, got you riled up, and tricked you into getting yourselves banned for a while. You folks should be better than that.

Edited by zooksimo