Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daworf

JamesGoblin...

RIP in piece.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

The Judgement of the Lord

From the book of avian declivity 3:39

"And do not despair" said the lord unto me, "for though I shalt not again stride with divide purpose upon these shores, I leave you not unattended. For I bestow up ye a precious gift. A protector to watch over you. And he shall bestow up thine visage with the greatness of his likes. Obey him as you obey me, for his word is divine. Green of skin and black and twirly of mustache, he shall descend from the heavens and strike with the mighty mouse-click of righteousness upon the words of the true believers."

Edited by ColdSlither

Why JamesGoblin Won The Forums

We've been conditioned to ration our Likes.  Liking something carries significant weight and commitment.  Liking things can entirely change our experience on the Internet!  Take it from this guy who pulled a JamesGoblin on Facebook:

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/i-liked-everything-i-saw-on-facebook-for-two-days-heres-what-it-did-to-me/

Even from a social perspective, we live in constant fear that someone, somewhere is going to judge us by the things we like.  "This post is funny, but Headlight wrote it... If I Like it, what will people think!?"

But JamesGoblin saw through the ruse.  Likes here are simple.  Likes are free.  Likes are good.  You are not punished for liking the 'wrong' things.

And so, JamesGoblin Liked.  A lot.

He never said anything, so he could never offend anyone.  He simply offered affection.  Dog lovers understand the concept well.  It doesn't matter whether JamesGoblin is a social genius, a simpleton, or a bot.  He won the game.

Wouldn't it be a surprising thing if this strategy worked in real life.

Give a little love...

https://youtu.be/sA_0cvd1EUM?t=2m24s

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

-edited-

Edited by primal

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Doc will be back for this game.    

He said he "might" be back for Beta 2 but doubted it.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

he's back guys

praise the lord and pass the ammunition

you mean pass out the likes don't you? :)

We're not killing JamesGoblin, no way.  :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"