Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

State of the web/forums/store - Official discussion thread

Dunno if page isn't loading correctly but I'm not seeing anything.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Perhaps it's just a note that the the webpage will be updated and the store too. Updates are only tuesdays and fridays so I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't new contents updated. Thanks for the note none the less and thank you for the hard work ever since kickstarter!

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Perhaps it's just a note that the the webpage will be updated and the store too. Updates are only tuesdays and fridays so I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't new contents updated.

Yeah, but they do a update from the founders thingy on Wednesdays sometimes...

I think Pann is trolling us. :)

I went to crowfall.com and clicked the link there and it worked.  

Great update and glad to see that the website is going to be getting an upgrade.  I also like the mention of name reservations.  That'd be very nice.

We can't change our username? I wonder who ruined that for everyone else.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Its 'cause of y'all. You guys are the reason we can't have nice things!

I don't like your accusatory tone, mal.

Edited by CheckYoSelf

SWrkfdj.jpg

"While the game team is working on several things (most notably combat), the web and platform team is also hard at work."

FULL NEWS STORY

•  
  • New Registration and Login Pages (improving the flow)
  •  
  • Change username will no longer be accessible to backers
  •  
  • Moving from one-item purchases in the store to both multiple item pledges and a shopping cart option
  •  
  • Showing full list of all items within pledge bundles (not just the testing group which we show now)
  •  
  • Redeeming pledge bundles (applying the pledge bundle to your account permanently, so you can gift individual items)
  •  
  • Use of stored currency in store (this is a pre-cursor to being able to sell back certain items for store credit, or to build your own lay-away plan which has been requested)
  •  
  • More items in the store
  •  
  • Building upgrades (trading in a building to pledge for a larger building)
  •  
  • Two factor authentication
  •  
  • Gifting of packages and items to other registered Crowfall accounts
  •  
  • Allowing Kickstarter backers to purchase one additional Kickstarter package to gift to a friend
  •  
  • Forum access level implementation, including a specific “Welcome to Crowfall” forum for new registrants, and a forum for the “Monthly Q&A with ArtCraft” pledge reward recipients.
  •  
  • Dozens of new pledge payment methods for various countries
  •  
  • We may start the reserved name process for those rewards (that’s a maybe, not for sure yet)
  •  
  • Plus lots of smaller items/bug fixes/etc…
  •  

awesome news!

Edit

Why "Two factor authentication" have an underscore and bold?

My personal suggestion and another fellow forum member suggestion was a common thing that any big campaign should do is

"Two factor authentication" for their site login  and game client login as well, so it will increase protection for your backed account from being spoofed by attackers and change your personal information to theirs as it can be claimed as their own. (now we don't need to worry about it as we see ACE implement two factor authentication for website and game).

1) click here to read my suggestion for 2nd factor authentication and converting md5 to sha-2 or sha-512 password protection. (either of them is amazing!)

2) Another crowfall fellow did suggested same thing about two factor authentication. click here.

So I personally can backup the facts that the development team do read suggestion box where it can lead to an improvement for crowfall, server, user protection or website improvement and I do appreciate the development team (Web dev and Game dev) efforts and hard work!

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Its 'cause of y'all.  You guys are the reason we can't have nice things!

Excuse us for testing web features. Whoever dupes and reports it is going to be a way better tester than the one who dupes it and says nothing.

Since ForumFall is the only game, we're like awesome testers.