Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

State of the web/forums/store - Official discussion thread

Excuse us for testing web features. Whoever dupes and reports it is going to be a way better tester than the one who dupes it and says nothing.

Since ForumFall is the only game, we're like awesome testers.

We are like the great tester Fatboy who tested so thoroughly he found out he could fit 2 billion gold in his city walls.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Allowing Kickstarter backers to purchase one additional Kickstarter package to gift to a friend

Awesome!

We may start the reserved name process for those rewards (that’s a maybe, not for sure yet)

Please reconsider going this route. Allow players to have a unique public ID and their character names be "non-unique". In this day and age of MMO's, it feels very restrictive to reserve character names. This wouldn't stop me from playing, but I'd like to see this done away with.

Meridian
[TG] The Guardians | Discord: Meridian#7510 | No, not that Meridian.

Awesome!

Please reconsider going this route. Allow players to have a unique public ID and their character names be "non-unique". In this day and age of MMO's, it feels very restrictive to reserve character names. This wouldn't stop me from playing, but I'd like to see this done away with.

They're not reconsidering the feature. They're just saying maybe it'll be done in 45 days. The name reservation was a feature of the kickstarter package. They face rebellion if they don't follow through with a kickstarter promise.

Awesome!

It's "reserved names". Not necessarily character names but ANY name. Although I agree it strongly suggests being about character names.

Awesome!

I like this idea too probably my nickname could not be used as a character because it starts with a number and i love my nickname, so if it was account name it was be easier to find me online for friends, the game mechanic push you to have multiple toons, so its wise to have a easier way to identify you are online and not add 6 toons in your friend list for each friend :)

mael4.jpg

It's about time you guys streamlined the login process (Why in the world do I have to manually click the login button with my mouse, press the tab button TWICE to get to username to start typing?).

I request you make logging in super smooth.  Make it easy to sign in using the keyboard (make it require one click of the tab button to get to the username bar, and a second one to get to the password bar.

And good luck!

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

ACE is setting the bar even higher for the next Kickstarter game developer. Not just the ammout of information they are trying to give the backers/players each week but the level of backer/player participation allowing/asking in developing the game is off the charts. Yes we paid to have a say, but I did not expect it at this level that so many suggestion/ changes (small and large ) would be taken to heart this early ( before even a pre Alpha test). I have only been apart of two other Kickstarter type game startup and they only ask for suggestions from gameplay to website only buring a test ( Alpha, Beta) and only made changes ater the test. They hardly ever posted on the forums and never an Executive Producer.

It is great being a part of this game.

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

It's "reserved names". Not necessarily character names but ANY name. Although I agree it strongly suggests being about character names.

The list of reserved names from Kickstarter rewards:

Character Name

Name-A-Fallen-Hero

Reserve Guild Name

Name-A-Fallen-Monarch

Name-A-Location

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

The list of reserved names from Kickstarter rewards:

Character Name

Name-A-Fallen-Hero

Reserve Guild Name

Name-A-Fallen-Monarch

Name-A-Location

As i remember correctly these kickstarter rewards that i am still hyped  about

I can name a location/name a fallen monarch, a fallen hero.. wooah

Character name and guild name oh god bless ACE for making this amazing game for us I appreciate ACE efforts and I appreciate every backers to make this game to come true!

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

ACE is setting the bar even higher for the next Kickstarter game developer. Not just the ammout of information they are trying to give the backers/players each week but the level of backer/player participation allowing/asking in developing the game is off the charts. Yes we paid to have a say, but I did not expect it at this level that so many suggestion/ changes (small and large ) would be taken to heart this early ( before even a pre Alpha test). I have only been apart of two other Kickstarter type game startup and they only ask for suggestions from gameplay to website only buring a test ( Alpha, Beta) and only made changes ater the test. They hardly ever posted on the forums and never an Executive Producer.

It is great being a part of this game.

Yeah, they are doing a great job. I've had a similar experience with Star Citizen for the community involvement aspect. The details are very different, of course, because they're targeting different game-play styles etc but they are both passion projects with a solid plan of community involvement.

I'm especially a fan of the fact that ACE has already established that they are willing and able to say "No". The big risk with involving a community this early and this strongly is that either special interests will corrupt the game vision or it will fall into design by committee. They have shown that input is welcome but that they are the final decision makers and the vision will stand.

Kudos, ACE

Edited by CopperStall

Dear Ace Team,

Please reconsider your name change policy and allow us to change our names daily!

Love,

Us, the backers.

No.  A minority of people have demonstrated that you can't have nice things.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook