Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Talk about a PR nightmare!

mal

And that's why Mal had to move to Austin.

Luckily, I don't work for AMR.  I work for a different big name private ambulance service.  I could be wrong, but I don't think we've killed a patient like that.  And, I personally have never dropped a patient.(Or injured one in any other way)

Bunch of fatties here, EMT's drop people all the time.

LOL!  Terrible.  Thats why we have all power stretchers - makes it possible to lift the stretcher into the ambulance with two people 'cause you just push a button for the legs to come up...  and for the really big ones (500+) we have a bariatric stretcher with a wench and ramps.

Damn, now I really wanna have sex with a nurse on one of these bariatric stretchers.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

The last couple times I was dropped on my head I didn't get 1.5mil... :(

I don't think you get paid if your parents are the ones who dropped you.  :huh:  :P  :D

I'd be curious to hear the reasoning behind her being loaded into an ambulance to begin with.  I mean it sucks she was dropped, and sad that she passed from it, but I wonder if there were other factors that contributed to her death and the family was just looking for an easy pay out.  I've moved people around on gurneys before, they are flimsy as poorly made socks and people fall off them quite often.

With that said though, the fact that AMR tried to blame it on faulty equipment which was shown to later be false I'm a bit glad it cost them quite a bit.

[@--(o.O)@]

I'd be curious to hear the reasoning behind her being loaded into an ambulance to begin with.  I mean it sucks she was dropped, and sad that she passed from it, but I wonder if there were other factors that contributed to her death and the family was just looking for an easy pay out.  I've moved people around on gurneys before, they are flimsy as poorly made socks and people fall off them quite often.

With that said though, the fact that AMR tried to blame it on faulty equipment which was shown to later be false I'm a bit glad it cost them quite a bit.

Why she was being loaded into an ambulance?

A lot of dialysis patients become bedridden.  Private EMS companies transport hundreds of them every single day.  That is definitely not the issue.  

How long has it been since you moved a patient on a stretcher?  They have gotten much better in the last few years.  When you load the patient into the ambulance there are multiple points of contact used to make sure the stretcher doesn't tip like it did in this case.  Even stretcher malfunction wouldn't cause a stretcher to tip when being loaded in.  I will say being that she is a dialysis patient there are probably underlying health issues that contributed to her death.  However, being dropped on her head caused the bleed (shes probably on blood thinners which obviously makes that worse) and if the head bleed is what they ruled as the cause of death then I don't see any valid argument for AMR.  

Why she was being loaded into an ambulance?

A lot of dialysis patients become bedridden.  Private EMS companies transport hundreds of them every single day.  That is definitely not the issue.  

How long has it been since you moved a patient on a stretcher?  They have gotten much better in the last few years.  When you load the patient into the ambulance there are multiple points of contact used to make sure the stretcher doesn't tip like it did in this case.  Even stretcher malfunction wouldn't cause a stretcher to tip when being loaded in.  I will say being that she is a dialysis patient there are probably underlying health issues that contributed to her death.  However, being dropped on her head caused the bleed (shes probably on blood thinners which obviously makes that worse) and if the head bleed is what they ruled as the cause of death then I don't see any valid argument for AMR.  

I didn't recall seeing the part about her having kidney problems, and going for a dialysis treatment.  I assumed there was some sort of other emergent reason she was being transported via ambulance, that could have possibly contributed to the problem.

It's not been too long since I moved someone on a stretcher, though I don't think longevity was the source of my ill-found knowledge.  I'd say it's more the source; being the last time we moved folks was in the military without the luxury of the fancy contact point stretchers you're referring to.

But yea, I wasn't taking sides with AMR, I was just playing devil's advocate for a moment and asking a question I'm sure AMR's defense lawyers probably asked as well.

[@--(o.O)@]

I didn't recall seeing the part about her having kidney problems, and going for a dialysis treatment.  I assumed there was some sort of other emergent reason she was being transported via ambulance, that could have possibly contributed to the problem.

It's not been too long since I moved someone on a stretcher, though I don't think longevity was the source of my ill-found knowledge.  I'd say it's more the source; being the last time we moved folks was in the military without the luxury of the fancy contact point stretchers you're referring to.

But yea, I wasn't taking sides with AMR, I was just playing devil's advocate for a moment and asking a question I'm sure AMR's defense lawyers probably asked as well.

Oh yeah, military equipment and private service equipment... big difference. Haha.  The head of the stretcher has little wheels that make contact with the floor of the ambulance and theres a bar that catches on a hook on the ambulance floor.  

I suspect that the kind of stretcher they used was not a power stretcher with a button to bring the main wheels up and down.  If that is the case then you have one medic lifting the foot of the stretcher up and the other medic pulling up the wheels.  If they aren't communicating correctly the stretcher could very easily tip.  But, that isn't stretcher malfunction, that is medic malfunction.  

I love a devil's advocate - unbiased perspectives are always fun.  I'm completely biased 'cause AMR is direct competition. :P

Mal drops things on babies heads! Is that the kind of person you want to like?

I just don't want her to drop me

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015