Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hyjaxxx

Penalty For leaving Campaign?

Ill keep the OP brief. Ive listened to interviews and searched the boards but cant seem to locate any info. so whats the word?

Once  youre in a campaign is there a penalty for leaving it to go to another? I fear that once one group pulls ahead or one team falls way back  that people will start bailing rather than playing the campaign out.

Personally I feel that once you join a campaign you cannot leave until the end. The Only exception i can think of is perhaps allowing each player to leave a campaign once a year with the penalty being that your embargo from your next win is reduced by 75%

Thoughts? ideas?

Hyjaxx

I think the consensus last time we tossed this around was that you should be able to quit a campaign, with two caveats:

* you cannot rejoin that campaign with any character

* you get zero export from that campaign

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I think the consensus last time we tossed this around was that you should be able to quit a campaign, with two caveats:

Personally I don't think this is a good enough penalty. The side that the person who quit was originally on will take a loss on man power. I think players just shouldn't leave campaigns.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Do you think that's stiff enough? Imho a game like this that depends on players sticking it out to the end I think there needs to be a big penalty to bailing. Perhaps you can leave the campaign with the penalties you said during the first 25% of the campaign,after that....youre stuck like chuck.

perhaps I'm thinking wrong...but what reason would there be for leaving a campaign besides raging because you are getting smashed?

Personally I don't think this is a good enough penalty. The side that the person who quit was originally on will take a loss on man power. I think players just shouldn't leave campaigns.

If someone doesn't /want/ to play why would you make them stay? Do you really want to deter people from playing at all?

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

Even preventing leaving doesn't really solve that problem. The player who just never signs in again on that character is still not providing any manpower to that campaign. At least if they're allowed to leave, that frees up a slot for someone else to join, perhaps, who might actually play.

But, yeah, you can keep the character locked into the campaign, but you can't keep the player online and actually contributing to that campaign. It's a lose-lose situation at that point.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Maybe I'm being a little dense...what reason is there to leave a campaign? The only thing I can think of is joining a certain type of campaign for the first time and not caring for it. Other than that..im stumped.

I'll only be going to the campaigns to get resources for my Eternal Kingdom and build out my crafting empire :)  So if I'm locked to a campaign for the entirety of it (even if its just a month) that'd be an issue in how I'd like to play the game. I'm sure they'll figure something out.

zjsbjmn.png

I'll only be going to the campaigns to get resources for my Eternal Kingdom and build out my crafting empire :)  So if I'm locked to a campaign for the entirety of it (even if its just a month) that'd be an issue in how I'd like to play the game. I'm sure they'll figure something out.

I don't follow... you can't bring anything back to your EK until the conclusion of a campaign. Leaving before a campaign's end would never ever benefit the way you'd like to play the game.

Going back to be able to do something in your EK was talked about I thought

They've said you will always be able to manage your EK, even if all your characters are in campaigns.  What has been thrown around so far in conversations I've heard is that you may be able to kneel and forfeit, some/most/all of your gained resources in the embargo and leave the campaign.

Forcing people to stay in a campaign could hinder their ability to play with a new guild, or if the outcome of the match is already decided it would keep them there even when they didn't want to be anymore.  I don't think they will penalize you for leaving more than just prevent you from taking out of a campaign a majority of your expected earnings.

What phatcat and lephys said. You can't make someone log in. If they're not having fun in a campaign, your choices are let them quit that campaign, or watch them switch to another game- possibly for good.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Maybe, just maybe, some sort of lockout timer for joining a new campaign would be a feasible discouragement from leaving a campaign? That, and I think there should be some kind of timetable. Leaving a campaign 3 days in isn't really that big of a potential problem. It's everyone leaving with 2 weeks to go because "There's no way we're going to win now, *mass exodus making that statement a self-fulfilling prophecy*"

What phatcat and lephys said. You can't make someone log in. If they're not having fun in a campaign, your choices are let them quit that campaign, or watch them switch to another game- possibly for good.

Yep because fact is if you just don't want to play that Campaign you can just as easily logoff and play an alt on a different Campaign. So either allow people to quit with heavy penalty's or expect people just just play alts. I think the former is the more realistic option for the Devs stand point.

I guess if the penalty is stiff enough than being able to leave the campaign is ok. I just have gw2 flashbacks where one server gets worked on reset weekend and rather than pulling it together and fighting they just bail and take the week off of wvw.

. Having said that, if someone leaves the campaign they need something that is going to make them think twice.