Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know they mentioned that we are all actually invested in Crowfall, so my question is, can we see more footage of the game's development? It is one thing to say you will do this or that, but can we physically see it? The last few weeks we have learned so much more about the game, but we aren't really sure if they are actually "part of the game". Take the EK video and new Combat video. Both explained using flashy graphics what they are trying to do, and what their goals are, but can we actually see gameplay of these systems in action? And if they aren't working on them yet, don't show that system off, since it could probably drastically change in the next year or so. If they keep messaging about "We completely changed the combat system" can we see this new combat system? Instead of saying "It's awesome, trust us!". I mean I think the best thing a game company could do when sharing development is directly showing the consumer (or in our case, partial investors) some of the design process and actual gameplay in action. People like timelapses, and people like gameplay, we also like questions, but I'd rather see a male confessor in action than something telling me in text "The confessor is really cool looking"

I know I can't be alone in this. I'm excited too but I don't feel that entitled to request them show me stuff. Lets just let them make the game and enjoy it when it is released. 

so to answer your first question...

No

Edited by ares

That would not go over well. At. All. No matter how big a label of "IN DEVOLPOMENT" you put on the video you'll get spammed with threads calling for the game to be revamped because the way it looks. We get that enough with what they give us now, would be 1000x times worse if they showed actual in progress stuff.

Edited by pang

And if they aren't working on them yet, don't show that system off, since it could probably drastically change in the next year or so.

There's a lot of design work that's part of making a game before you write the first line of server code for a new system. It's perfectly legitimate for them to reveal that design work as they're working on it.

If this bugs you, feel free to log off the site for a few months. I like seeing the design work in progress.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

(or in our case, partial investors)

lol.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I honesty have to say - judging by the mentality we (the community in general) have - the system is far from being ready to be shown. I have to say that even the snippets we saw in the ks videos is far from being ready to be taken to the outside (my view) but since they overhauled it - not a big deal. 

So showing more would be nice but would also doesn't really help us as we would only see some technical attempts, theoretical aspects, etc. Just wait till they have more to show. I mean the game is estimated to ship in dec.2016 (yeah yeah, I know). So keep calm and let them do their thing. 

(...)

partial investors

(...)

we are no investors. We just backed the project. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

For those that seem enamored by the OP's opinion, Todd posted the following in another thread, which provides valid reasoning on how they're releasing info:

Last week, we dropped two updates: one about Campaign modules and one about EKs.  If you'll notice, we were able to drop more specifics about the latter, because we aren't as afraid of saying the wrong thing and painting ourselves into a corner.  Mistakes are inevitable -- some ideas just play better on a whiteboard. 

It's easier to talk about the EKs precisely because they are relatively isolated and encapsulated.  We are reluctant to drop information about skills / powers / discpines / advantages / disadvantages, for instance, because we KNOW these things will change.  Game balance comes at the end of the process, not the beginning -- and it sucks to feel like we need to make a change to make the game better, but "we can't, because we already told the players XYZ."  

So instead, we're trying to release things as they settle... because it's a lot more painful to make these adjustments in front of an audience, where every tweak becomes a debate.

Hope that makes sense,

Todd

ACE

source: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6556-size-of-eternal-kingdom/page-2#entry169957

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

If they show you more, what do they show from now till alpha starts? Things aren't finished yet, things are on a schedule. I haven't seen anything from them that would demonstrate a desire to be secretive.

Edited by oberon

To be clear, you guys maybe emotional invested in the game, but you are not investors in ArtCraft.  Those are very different things; being an actual investor has legal ramifications.  crowdfunding NOT = investing.

A better statement would be:

You are backers, who we intend to transform into incredibly happy customers !

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

#Rekt

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

To be clear, you guys maybe emotional invested in the game, but you are not investors in ArtCraft.  Those are very different things; being an actual investor has legal ramifications.  crowdfunding NOT = investing.

Todd

ACE

Mic drop and walk away.

Rage Quit

I know they mentioned that we are all actually invested in Crowfall, so my question is, can we see more footage of the game's development? It is one thing to say you will do this or that, but can we physically see it? The last few weeks we have learned so much more about the game, but we aren't really sure if they are actually "part of the game". Take the EK video and new Combat video. Both explained using flashy graphics what they are trying to do, and what their goals are, but can we actually see gameplay of these systems in action? And if they aren't working on them yet, don't show that system off, since it could probably drastically change in the next year or so. If they keep messaging about "We completely changed the combat system" can we see this new combat system? Instead of saying "It's awesome, trust us!". I mean I think the best thing a game company could do when sharing development is directly showing the consumer (or in our case, partial investors) some of the design process and actual gameplay in action. People like timelapses, and people like gameplay, we also like questions, but I'd rather see a male confessor in action than something telling me in text "The confessor is really cool looking"

you are not an investor you are a donator, and come on that was alot of info, pls be modest.

Todd

ACE

We're all supporters. You know, like a jock strap or a bra.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.