Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

Center of the universe

EKs are far from worthless, and they have actually proven that if you ignore your EK you will be sub par.

Relics can only be activated in an EK. Relics can only be placed within structures designed to house them in your EK and those structures require maintenance.

Relics give your character a passive boost. You can only have 3 active but you can shift them around at any time by going to your EK and attuning to different relics. To receive benefit of a relic you must own it, and it must be on land you own (you could always own land on someone else's EK but maintenance fees are still yours to pay) so you can't just attune to someone else's relics. You may only have a single guild relic boost upon the guild as a whole, this relic must be in a guild member's EK and the maintenance fees for it will be higher.

Import will be a bigger thing after the initial push. Your escrow is based upon the campaign, which is based upon the length of time the campaign will exist. Dreg campaigns likely won't last that long...they are closest tot he hunger and are already mostly dead by the time we get there. So the escrow will be small meaning you will have to be picky about what gets put into it. By contrast...the 3 way war and 12 way wars involving the gods are going to be massive campaigns that last the longest due tot he sheer volume of player base expected to participate in them. You can't have a proper 12 way war if each side doesn't at least have a thousand players after all. These campaigns will last longer and thus have a larger escrow to put things in. After the initial campaigns, people are going to want importing as they have the ability to gear out and want to see what people are capable of with GOOD gear rather than the best they can manage in a campaign that may or may not favor them.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

I don't recall of ACE saying that players who ignore EK will be sub par. I think they even said the opposite : players wouldn't be required to play in Eternal Kingdoms and players who focus mainly on Campaigns without bothering with EK wouldn't be penalized.

I agree with you that EKs are an important part of the game for certain players and that Dregs Campaigns will probably have shorter duration than the worlds created in the outermost bands.

I don't recall of ACE saying that players who ignore EK will be sub par. I think they even said the opposite : players wouldn't be required to play in Eternal Kingdoms and players who focus mainly on Campaigns without bothering with EK wouldn't be penalized.

I agree with you that EKs are an important part of the game for certain players and that Dregs Campaigns will probably have shorter duration than the worlds created in the outermost bands.

They mention in the FAQ:

All accounts are granted a kingdom at the beginning of the game, but using it is not required beyond the tutorial.

We fully expect that some players will prefer to spend the vast majority of their time participating in the campaign worlds, and we intend to let them do so without maintaining a kingdom.

Players do have the option of playing purely in the CWs, but IF they want to optimize their character progression, they'll need their EKs for buildings that enhance their characters (e.g. those that hold relics for buffs or those that increase passive ability progression).  So, if you chose not to use an EK at all, your character will be sub-par compared to those that do. 

This doesn't mean crafting and castles and growing an EK world.  Just enough private use for the special buildings needed that affect your character(s).

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

If sub-par means "below the average level", I think it's inaccurate.

1% Thrall / Artifact / Relics bonus buff alone can't make a character over or below average, from my understanding.

Those that use their EKs will be more enhanced than the rest.  I'm sure most players will use their EKs, which would raise the average to EK use, therefore making those players not using EKs... sub-par.  You have 3 character buffs and 1 guild buff, which I think are going to amount to more than just 1% total.  Then, you have the passive ability gain bonuses from the statues, which will give those characters faster training as well.

So, although you do have a choice not use the EKs and completely play the CWs, doesn't mean that players that do won't have any benefit.  They're not completely useless to characters.

Edit : I really enjoyed being part of the Crowfall community, hope everything goes well for you all people  :)

:(

Sadly they up an left because 2% max per relic and 1% for guild buffs scared him off? If you are good that won't be much, and chances are he still would have gotten  guild buff anyway. Take all of 5-15 min to set up your free EK and relics and never step foot in it again is such a hardship?

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

Edit : I really enjoyed being part of the Crowfall community, hope everything goes well for you all people  :)

Hope all is well Courant, you will be missed  :(

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif