Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oberon

MOTD Media Vodcast with Todd and Gordon

The last part about min specs was very interesting. Basically Gordon told us that their customer base is the high-end sophisticated user. The one who nitpicks about their mice and has the right headset. Crowfall does not target the first time MMORPGer with their computer from best buy.

I think this sentiment speaks very well to most people here since it strongly suggests that there will be minimal handholding (quite the opposite) and decent or better graphical fidelity (although no extreme top-end 4k stuff). 

The last part about min specs was very interesting. Basically Gordon told us that their customer base is the high-end sophisticated user. The one who nitpicks about their mice and has the right headset. Crowfall does not target the first time MMORPGer with their computer from best buy.

Actually as far as I understood, Crowfall is aiming at the current high-end builds. In late 2016 and early 2017 they will be medium builds.

y9tj8G5.png

Actually as far as I understood, Crowfall is aiming at the current high-end builds. In late 2016 and early 2017 they will be medium builds.

Also correct, although he did say high-end before saying 'one year back'. I think we are not so much to take from that the high end, but rather that they are not specifically catering to the low-end.

By the way, in the interview Todd said that there will be a big news this week regarding combat.

I wonder if they're going completely Star Citizen and upload a fighting module for the backers to try.

Only for Bloodstone backers

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Only for Bloodstone backers

at first, sure :P

I think he was referring to the combat chat, this interview as before that

the interview was recorded after the combat chat news, proof at 50:55

at 43:20 instead he's hinting at a big combat news to come "very soon"

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

the interview was recorded after the combat chat news, proof at 50:55

at 43:20 instead he's hinting at a big combat news to come "very soon"

I hope so, we want as much info as we can get :)

I still think it was the video and the corresponding text update though

I was referring to the combat info that we put out last week.  I'm sure we will circle back to combat again with more details about how development is going, but don't expect any major plot twists -- you know the high-level status:

We have a strike team working on combat, as the focus of the late summer release.  Details that come out between now and then will focus on execution of that milestone.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

I think this sentiment speaks very well to most people here since it strongly suggests that there will be minimal handholding (quite the opposite) and decent or better graphical fidelity (although no extreme top-end 4k stuff). 

What would specs have to do with handholding?  It's common sense... you don't cater to the low-end user because if someone doesn't have the desire to improve their pc user experience chances are likely they aren't the type to spend a lot on things related to that pc usage. 

Also there may be people that nitpick about their mice and right headset, but very few of those are sophisticated.  There's a difference between the guy who buys a razer naga thinking it's a good idea cause it has so many side buttons (it's actually quite horrible for competitive gamers) and the guy who switches between cloth and hardsurface mousepad based on the temperature of his house. 

I have computer from best buy because it is computer store I drive to quickest. People tell me buy computer online but I need computer first for this so is like chicken and egg. If I have trouble with game my niece is good show me how to fix. Ppl use mounse pad still today? I was thinking I am old for this but maybe not. Mouse I have is useing laser not ball so table is working fine.