Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pal

I would like to remind everyone here that Crowfall has a Subreddit

Reddit isn't necessary as long as the socks that AC allowed to be unpaid moderators here don't commit the same sins as so many other MMO communities and try and social engineer the types of conversations and comments that don't continually get nuked and continue banning anyone was states "The Emperor has no cloths..." When the community starts being heavily moderated, which usually happens when the business end of companies go forward with the worst ideas for the MMO title, that is when the player base usually migrates to other off site places to bash, trash and flame a title that has earned its consumers ire.

does anybody talk about me??????

Not yet.  Soon though I am sure :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Reddit and I have a complicated relationship. I tend to only lurk in a select few subreddits that appear to have civil conversations about topics I'm interested in; I've seen far too many subreddits that are typified by racism, sexism, and mindsets darker than either of those.

If the /r/crowfall subreddit avoids the awful behavior that Reddit itself is known for, then I might drop in from time to time.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

I have been there.  Posted even.  It makes the forum here look like the land of barbarians.  Very un reddit like

Reddit is a silly place.  The smaller subs usually have some pretty good communities though.

Reddit isn't necessary as long as the socks that AC allowed to be unpaid moderators here don't commit the same sins as so many other MMO communities and try and social engineer the types of conversations and comments that don't continually get nuked and continue banning anyone was states "The Emperor has no cloths..."

Reddit does that itself though thanks to it's upvote system. Someone disagrees with you? Have a downvote. Too many downvotes? Your post won't get seen.

Legit criticism of the game or community? Hope you like downvotes.

It's a system and community that encourages dickriding and isn't healthy for any community that needs to have it's voice heard.

231e101d88.jpg

Reddit isn't necessary as long as the socks that AC allowed to be unpaid moderators here don't commit the same sins as so many other MMO communities and try and social engineer the types of conversations and comments that don't continually get nuked and continue banning anyone was states "The Emperor has no cloths..." When the community starts being heavily moderated, which usually happens when the business end of companies go forward with the worst ideas for the MMO title, that is when the player base usually migrates to other off site places to bash, trash and flame a title that has earned its consumers ire.

Bashing an MMO is generally what people who care too much about said MMO do.

If I dislike a game, I don't waste my time complaining about it on "neutral" forums. I just move on to a different game.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

I think discussions should stay on the official site till at least release, splitting the community up before isn't really ideal since ACE has their hands full already keep up with everything here. And if it's something that could be great feedback / idea then the official site is best to get visibility.  

Just my two cents.. 

Edited by Elvine

I think discussions should stay on the official site till at least release, splitting the community up before isn't really ideal since ACE has their hands full already keep up with everything here. And if it's something that could be great feedback / idea then the official site is best to get viability.  

Just my two cents..

I disagree Elvine. Discussions on other forums only drums up interest from the game to outsiders. Regardless these discussions will happen anyways. Why not use them to the full advantage?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I disagree Elvine. Discussions on other forums only drums up interest from the game to outsiders. Regardless these discussions will happen anyways. Why not use them to the full advantage?

Other forums perhaps, but reddit doesn't show up on a regular search results unless you're on reddit specifically right? So drumming up interest would only work if someone was searching Crowfall on reddit if that were the case.

i hope they say nice things ^^

Well, if they don't I will make sure they do :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Other forums perhaps, but reddit doesn't show up on a regular search results unless you're on reddit specifically right? So drumming up interest would only work if someone was searching Crowfall on reddit if that were the case.

as awful as reddit is tho, it is decent at drumming up hype and getting people interested

gtlLXYT.png

However there can still be little downside to having another venue of conversation. Besides as I said earlier the the CF subreddit is most likely not going anywhere and is just another way to disseminate information. I see little issue.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Ugh I want to join SA and join the fun.

SWrkfdj.jpg

However there can still be little downside to having another venue of conversation. Besides as I said earlier the the CF subreddit is most likely not going anywhere and is just another way to disseminate information. I see little issue.

I was just expressing my opinion, I have no issues with the Crowfall subreddit. :3

Edited by Elvine

I think discussions should stay on the official site till at least release, splitting the community up before isn't really ideal since ACE has their hands full already keep up with everything here. And if it's something that could be great feedback / idea then the official site is best to get visibility.  

Just my two cents.. 

A lot of that depends on the moderation of the community as we get an Alpha/Beta product to fundamentally break it like we stole it. When the "meta" discussions start about broken skill sets, archetypes and core combat mechanics and there are hundreds of posts being silenced, you will see the community fracture. The best thing that ACE can do is over communicate in a transparent way about topics that should have urgency to be address.The three best things ACE can do for the community would be to tell us what is wrong at a high level, what they intend to do to address it at a high level and when they intend to start implementation testing.

Be open. Be honest and don't suck, and you won't have to worry about the community fracturing.