Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
huckleburied

Sick day suggestions

Ok, my daughter (age 15)and I are sick. Taking the opportunity to make her watch some great, weird movies since she is basically a hostage. Starting off with Big Trouble in Little China. Anyone have a recommendation for what to put on after that?

Er, what's "edging"?

I think all of these are on Netflix..

Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Noobz

Daredevil (The Netflix Series)

7 Cajas

All pretty decent movies/series I've watched in the last few weeks since tending to the little guy and not doing too much else.

[@--(o.O)@]

That's a hard one to compete with after Big Trouble in Little China, classic.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Total Recall is the perfect thing that comes to mind when I think weird and great. I unironically love that movie. Would watch it drunk back to back. Zeitgeist of 1990.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Ok, my daughter (age 15)and I are sick. Taking the opportunity to make her watch some great, weird movies since she is basically a hostage. Starting off with Big Trouble in Little China. Anyone have a recommendation for what to put on after that?

Oh and...I hope you and your daughter feel better.  Little times like this both of you will cherish forever.

[@--(o.O)@]

Thanks for the suggestions and well wishes.  We've done Princess Bride and Secondhand Lions back when she was less "omg dad, I'm not watching some stupid movie" because teenagers are awful people.  Taking a twist on Aiona's suggestion, I think I'm gonna John Carpenter her into submission.

Er, what's "edging"?

Big Trouble in Little China is still one of my favorites. Hard to follow up on that one. Depends on the movie genre you both prefer.

You could try Beetlejuice, or Fifth Element.

Oh and speedy recovery.

288mqgz.png

Thanks for the suggestions and well wishes.  We've done Princess Bride and Secondhand Lions back when she was less "omg dad, I'm not watching some stupid movie" because teenagers are awful people.  Taking a twist on Aiona's suggestion, I think I'm gonna John Carpenter her into submission.

Both of those Kurt movies are personal favorites of mine.  Enjoy!!!

Let us know how she does with your choices.

Yarrrr!

The Shipwrecked Pirates

www.thesaltymaid.com

escape from New York better be on the list now, also escape from la if you feel cruel

Just wrapped that one up, she liked Big Trouble better.  

Big Trouble in Little China is the best movie of all time so it's difficult to follow up on. These are a few on my short list of need to watch eventually movies.

The Last Dragon

Blazing Saddles

The Princess Bride

Labyrinth

Can't believe I didn't think of Last Dragon, I'm ending our day on that one.

Er, what's "edging"?

From Dusk til Dawn is pretty weird.

proooooooobly not something you wanna watch with your kid lol

tho salma hyak is p hot until she turns into a snake

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out