Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aiona

MAD MAX starts Friday!

Making friends with the scourge of society and turning them into baby seals. It's quite fun.

However during the short stint where I've not been made aware of any villains, I like playing MTG, LoL, and overall chatting with people online through some type of VoIP software.

Things I don't like, being stood up on blind dates after looking super cute... Which happened last night =\

Edited by Lycati

Right? I waited for an hour and like 10 minutes. Eventually this super old guy at the bar offered to take me to a movie instead / feed me. Had to decline 'cause u didn't want him to expect anything. I was dressed semi-sluttier than usual.

Just saw it today, got a free poster out of it.

The look, the scenery, the atmosphere and character design(clothing, car armor, weapons, warlords) were fantastic.

My only gripe is pretty much typical of movies these days, protagonists like Max and Imperator Furiosa are barely fleshed out or have any depth, same for the villains. Couldn't really rally behind them when it came down to the showdowns. Other than that, a decent summer blockbuster I suppose.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Just saw it today, got a free poster out of it.

The look, the scenery, the atmosphere and character design(clothing, car armor, weapons, warlords) were fantastic.

My only gripe is pretty much typical of movies these days, protagonists like Max and Imperator Furiosa are barely fleshed out or have any depth, same for the villains. Couldn't really rally behind them when it came down to the showdowns. Other than that, a decent summer blockbuster I suppose.

Max is never fleshed out much beyond his origin story in the original. He doesn't talk much, or go through any character growth in the Road Warrior or Thunderdome. After part one, the stories really aren't about Max, he just gets sucked into other peoples' stories.

Fury Road was great, but if you were looking for deep, meaningful or the fleshing out people's backstories, I can see why someone would be disapointed. But that's true for all the movies.

We used to watch Road Warrior over and over back when I was a kid. A lot of the time we would just fast forward to the tanker scene and watch that. Fury Road was the Tanker scene from RW turned up to 11 for basically 2 straight hours. I was in heaven.

Max is never fleshed out much beyond his origin story in the original. He doesn't talk much, or go through any character growth in the Road Warrior or Thunderdome. After part one, the stories really aren't about Max, he just gets sucked into other peoples' stories.

Fury Road was great, but if you were looking for deep, meaningful or the fleshing out people's backstories, I can see why someone would be disapointed. But that's true for all the movies.

We used to watch Road Warrior over and over back when I was a kid. A lot of the time we would just fast forward to the tanker scene and watch that. Fury Road was the Tanker scene from RW turned up to 11 for basically 2 straight hours. I was in heaven.

Ya you gotta understand what kinda movie experience you are heading in for.  It's like expecting great dialogue from American Pie. 

Is movie still watchable, or is everyone whines about being victims of this and that?

Mostly just a lot of women kicking ass, no whining. Pretty good action flick really.

I suppose in a way Max is in a way a plot device to opening up another character's story, a wandering observer in the harsh post-apocolyptic wasteland.

I wasn't expecting philosophical hogwash at that, I took it for what it was. The fleshing out didn't have to be super deep, but plot devices to make characters more likeable and relatable so when they died, it could be felt. I mean like for example, Imperator Furiosa, wow cool badass! but nothing beyond that made me go "yea, I'm with you on that." or "wow, can't believe she would do that." It still remains at the superficial level, which is fine I guess because this movie had a lot of impressive visuals.

But so did Bladerunner, and Bladerunner had Roy Batty. What did Mad Max Fury Road have? I feel like it tried to incorporate something iconic but has only been fleshing out concepts that have been around for 30+ years that were finally realized and polished in a new light.

I'm not really sure what it is about most movies these days, there's something missing. I couldn't really say to take away any memorable scenes. I liked the music score when Max and Furiosa met for the first time and the struggle that came with it. I mean with that said, Mad Max Fury Road is definately a lot better than the crap that's pumped out these days, by miles for sure.

I enjoyed it, but I didn't fall in love with it.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Mostly just a lot of women kicking bottom, no whining. Pretty good action flick really.

you can say butt Edited by Aiona

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

Is movie still watchable, or is everyone whines about being victims of this and that?

by watching it you will be brainwashed into getting in line with the feminist agenda without even realizing it

those of you who already saw it: see you at the next meeting

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

by watching it you will be brainwashed into getting in line with the feminist agenda without even realizing it

those of you who already saw it: see you at the next meeting

There are some news sites actually reporting this movie as being a part of the feminist agenda. I was shocked. I've not seen it yet, but I doubt it's filled with subliminal messages, brainwave tones, and other general hypnosis tricks.

You're dumb as hell if you saw fury road and left angry about feminist influences. It's a kickin' rad movie where a few of the biggest badasses just happen to not have dicks. Movie of the year.

rR6eI3A.png

see you at the next meeting

Next - Vin Diesel cast as Ariel in a modern take on The Little Mermaid, with MRA director reflecting on horrors of recent custody battle.