Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeman

ARK: Survival Evolved

Looks too good to be true honestly.. also I don't understand what game is it supposed to be.

It says play locally or team up with hundreds of players? Is the game like Rust with 64 player servers or is it coop?

Edit: It's a MMO apparently.. though I refuse to get hyped. :o :o :o

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

o boy just what we needed another survival game saying it's different from all the others im totally hype

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

o boy just what we needed another survival game saying it's different from all the others im totally hype

It looks a lot more polished and professional than most of these trainwrecks with 1995 graphics (Rust, H1Z1, etc.).

Also you can tame and ride dinosaurs. I mean, yeah. 5 year old me is psyched.

OJN1n7E.png

It's like Dino-Riders the game!  Myself and 2-3 friends are going to give this a go.  I've never played any of the "survival" type games so it should be interesting.

Has some pretty amazing displays, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for, just looks good. I'm more attracted to MHO or Dragon's Dogma Online.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I might have to try it out, looks like you can ride pretty much any dinosaur. Some parts of the video remind me for Dinotopia.

I bought it and it made me use the new Steam refund policy.

Honestly, the game runs like poorly made socks, it takes more than 3.5GB of memory, massive FPS drops (not on the highest settings, just on medium in my high end PC) sometimes your character locks in place, monster AI is pretty bad, not to mention that half the time the game crashes when you try to join a server. I just was not going to play it in it's current state, and my recommendation is that you wait for it to be in a more playable state.

At first I was barely able to connect to any servers at all, but they have patched and fixed the issues and now I have no problems. 

I get little lag while playing except during combat it's still a bit wonky with mobs rubber banding a bit

overall though I like it and they seem to be pumping out fixes fairly quickly.