Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Environmental imprisonment?

With voxels, destructible environments, and mass/pushing, might it be possible to completely imprison people in pits or behind walls? 

Should this be allowed? It could certainly lead to some pretty cool emergent gameplay scenarios, but I can see reasons not to allow it as well.

dig a hole and push someone into it? only way I can see that happening unless someone goes afk. not like it'll be like minecraft and I'd imagine wall pieces will be pre-built along with limits for a minimum gap between wall sections so you aren't able create a small box with walls.

Dig a trench with only 1 layer of voxels covering it and then shoot the ground with something to destroy that layer when they are on top of it.  You could also just did a trench/moat outside of the walls and force them to get past that trench as a first line of defense.

We're looking at a possible archetype /discipline creating "voxel-based" traps. Hidden pits, etc.

Obviously we need to ensure that the target isn't Sock Outta Luck if they are trapped, and it needs to be fun :-). 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

We're looking at a possible archetype /discipline creating "voxel-based" traps. Hidden pits, etc.

Obviously we need to ensure that the target isn't Sock Outta Luck if they are trapped, and it needs to be fun :-). 

Obv. needs to be guinecean.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Awesome! I hope it works out.

then kill yourself and respawn.. it adds nothing to the game imho

You might not be able to kill yourself. It could be a way to take people out of a battle for longer than killing them. Could be a way to set traps and then pick people off easier. Could be a way to capture someone and hold them for ransom or interrogate them. And on the other end, it could lead to the need for "jailbreak" type missions from your group. You could even potentially build holding cells for your enemies. To say it adds nothing to gameplay is pretty narrow sighted. 

Kobolds

Actual physical traps are a pretty wicked idea though. Hope it works.

kidnapping/jail/ransom and I'm just going to switch to my alt account. I don't play those silly games.

what if a bunch of idiots trap you in a big hole in the dregs, and tell you to either delete your pants and go free, or die in the hole and lose all your stuff?

what if a bunch of idiots trap you in a big hole in the dregs, and tell you to either delete your pants and go free, or die in the hole and lose all your stuff?

then i delete my pants.

And then they tell me to either delete my shirt and go free, or die in the hole and lose all my stuff.

then i delete my pants.

And then they tell me to either delete my shirt and go free, or die in the hole and lose all my stuff.

I dunno, if it was me I'd let you go after the pants.

This is actually a good question. ACE: Will I be able to trap people in a big hole, and keep them stuck there long enough (3-5 minutes tops) to convince them to delete their pants?

and can you eat your pants if you start starving????????

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

and can you eat your pants if you start starving????????

I'm pretty sure there won't be edible pants. I mean.. I guess they could give the food-making crafter an armor set they could craft. Make it buff hunger resistance (but no combat stats), and be consumable to restore hunger.