Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Environmental imprisonment?

My centaur will wear edible chaps in case such a situation arises.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

We're looking at a possible archetype /discipline creating "voxel-based" traps. Hidden pits, etc.

Obviously we need to ensure that the target isn't Sock Outta Luck if they are trapped, and it needs to be fun :-). 

It will never be fun for the people on the receiving end. If you make something like that, you can be 100% sure that there will be groups/guilds where everyone will be rolling that archetype/discipline just to annoy people.

Edited by macavity

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

Dude there better be earth/air bending discipline. I'm so serious. GIVE ME BENDING OR GIVE ME DEATH

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

what if a bunch of idiots trap you in a big hole in the dregs, and tell you to either delete your pants and go free, or die in the hole and lose all your stuff?

you can delete my pants any time baby... you don't need to trap me for that :wub:

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

We're looking at a possible archetype /discipline creating "voxel-based" traps. Hidden pits, etc.

Obviously we need to ensure that the target isn't Sock Outta Luck if they are trapped, and it needs to be fun :-). 

Ok, not going to lie, that sounds badass!

I wonder if this could be extended into making personal dungeons or something?  Come get my treasure, if you can.

Now, I'm curious if said archetype would be able to put voxels back over the top after someone falls in... and if Bear Grylls'ing it will become a feature to survive...

We all know that when you get pushed down a well, Lassie comes to get you help.

Hopefully at the very least a turtle in a cloud with a fishing pole.

Seriously though, who's to say that you wouldn't be able to dash out, short-term interrupts, or CC that funnel you into an area, even with some set up, are good.

Comboing the pitfall with the boiling oil bath is where the skills at. Pitfall itself is just good clean fun.

Edited by Zomnivore

+1 to physical traps

They should take a good minute of channeling to put in place though. I dont want a pit just apearing below my feet, bottom line is it should require skill, bait, honeypot to land otherwise it won't be fun.

Edit: I totally see a prepared player digging himself a set of trapped tunnels and baiting people to chase him in.

Edited by Argasoth

Traps = faps IMO its a fantastic idea as long and I can Stream it and lol till I pee I will role this Discipline

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated  :o

So if I shout Bremmen, he will also shout Bremmen?

After that I should rise and destroy the people I wish decimated?

I think there is a comma missing after just.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Dig a trench with only 1 layer of voxels covering it and then shoot the ground with something to destroy that layer when they are on top of it.  You could also just did a trench/moat outside of the walls and force them to get past that trench as a first line of defense.

I'm sure the ground doesn't destruct with damage like walls, they have to be burrowed. Otherwise after a big fight everyone would be standing in big craters haha.

What movement needs to present to have interesting slope/cliff gameplay? Tribes skiing? Climbing animations? Slowed runspeed up slopes?

Like Skyrim.  You trip and die but your horse can run up 90 degree cliffs.

There's great opportunity for cross class synergies with environmental effects. Guinea digs a pit, druid grows some spikes at the bottom, legionnaire mulekicks you into the hole.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully