Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

-Cooking Craft-

I messed up trying to post this in suggestion box but feel its better suited here. I could have left it there but was high at the time and felt need to make the switch. 

Cooking is a great craft if the pros vs cons are worthwhile. I believe it will fit perfectly into Crowfall because of the core mission statement vision for the game. I have read a lot of info and have not seen this so if it has been taken care of already then great.

Just like in Darkfall, your character needs to eat food for health/stam/mana regeneration. Going out to PvP, food was a must. Given that healing will not be as prominent in this game compared to others, I believe cooking could have a positive impact. 

I like the idea aswell of an artisan cooked meatloaf giving additional buffs for a period of time like the amount of weight one can carry and also buffs to certain stats. Darkfall did this quite well IMO and I feel we could pretty much steal the entire idea. :)

http://darkfallinfo.com/crafting/index.php?page=Skill&skill=Cooking

This would be a great addition to the game to add realism and another craft that is very useful.

What are your thoughts?

I got a fever! the only prescription is more Crowfall.

We don't really know much yet about the warmth/hunger mechanic, but we do know that JTC doesn't play games to bake bread.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

you should get that fever looked at crowfall won't be available to treat it for a bit ^^;

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

Having an in depth cooking craft certainly wouldn't hurt but at this point there is still a lot of update required on hunger.

Hunger might be a season depended system,

"9. WHAT DOES A TYPICAL CAMPAIGN LOOK LIKE?

Here is an example of what a Campaign might look like:

Phase 1 is Spring. The Campaign map is hidden by fog of war. You are dropped (typically naked) into an unknown, deadly environment. This world is filled with the ruins of ancient castles, abandoned mines and haunted villages – which you have to explore to scavenge for weapons, tools and the resources to start building fortifications.

Phase 2 is Summer. The Hunger starts to infect the creatures. Resources become scarce. Your team claims an abandoned quarry and must fight to keep it. You use the stone to build an ancient keep, to use it as a staging area to attack your neighbors.

Phase 3 is Fall. The creatures become more deadly as the Hunger takes hold. Resources are heavily contested and transporting them is fraught with peril. Your guild frantically builds a wall around your city, as the nature of conflict shifts from smaller skirmishes to siege warfare.

Phase 4 is Winter. The environment is brutal. Warmth is hard to come by. Your kingdoms grows in strength; your neighbors falter and you demand that they swear fealty or face complete loss of the Campaign. Instead, a handful of smaller kingdoms choose to band together against you."

I also saw on the FAQ somewhere that the greater the hunger the greater the reward.

"Building and Crafting materials increase in quality and quantity as you get closer to the Hunger."

Hunger is a pretty unstable system at the moment, so don't be too sure on the buffs yet.

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

To be clear, there is "The Hunger" -- which is a kind of lore-based force of nature that corrupts and ultimately devours the campaign worlds (it's the lore reason why they end, and your immortal heroes need to leave them and enter new ones to fight over resources before THAT one is devoured, and so forth) -- and there is just plain "hunger," which is simply the need to eat to maintain existence.

The cooking is talking about regular hunger, while that FAQ snippet about seasons is talking about "The Hunger." Not that hunger might not also change depending on seasons, but that would more likely be because of the increasing scarcity of food resources, and not because it's just winter so you're always starving. I could see the seasons maybe affecting a hunger mechanic -- maybe you get hungrier faster as you approach winter? But, that would still be a completely separate thing from THE Hunger.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Every game I try, I'm hyped for cooking skills. Every time I'm disappointed with cooking, too easy to get ingredients, too easy to top chef, the bonuses from food become a natural thing you always have active.

8Xk1ctm.png

This is a thematic crafting profession for druid (IMO). So as a player that will main a druid, im gunning for this! As we all know there is a hunger mechanic, thus food will be needed and I suspect so will good cooks. It will likely be harder to do for winter as food will become scarse. It might even be the most challenging profession!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,

and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft

LW_sig_concept4_zpsufae4nyh.jpg

Every game I try, I'm hyped for cooking skills. Every time I'm disappointed with cooking, too easy to get ingredients, too easy to top chef, the bonuses from food become a natural thing you always have active.

yea, it is just very difficult to make a good cook profession 

Since the Crowfall development team is refusing to add dedicated healers, thereby spurning the female gaming population, the least they could do is design an elaborate, engaging and enjoyable cooking profession in order to attempt to win them back.

Imagine a cooking building or kitchen in your castle or kingdom?

I kid, I kid...

kuZFoIM.png

I know PvE is not the main focus, but there will still be some.  Will there be a diversity of monsters types and numbers to get high and low level mats?  Will there be things such as raising cattle or chickens for food?  Fishing?

Cooking is all and good in my opinion.  But what system would you like to see how we get the materials needed to do it?

Also, how much of an impact do you want to see food have on a character?  What buffs or regen that is different from say... alchemy?

• 2 weeks later...

Umm.... Cooking Mama.
Seriously, how did no one bring this up when it comes to cooking?

Cooking Mama gameplay, buff base mechanics for the ends result, combined with a survival hunger mechanic and food spoilage.

Boom, hat trick, job done.

Yeah, I wouldn't just plug Cooking Mama straight into Crowfall, but the way cooking works in Cooking Mama is a pretty good (and relatively simple) way to handle hands-on cooking-crafting. You naturally have a range of simple recipes to much-more-involved recipes, taking hardly any time at all, or several minutes.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

From what I understand, that Ace had mentioned during KS that they'd like to add cooking food that assists in reducing the negative affects of Winter... not necessarily the "Hunger" directly.  Some ArcheType races will have innate passive resistances, while the other races may need extra food to make it through with minimal stat drops.

Whether or not that makes it into the core remains to be seen.... since it wasn't a backer or stretch goal for the core.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...