Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stealth Mage as a promotion class?

I don't think this idea warrants an entire archetype, but it might make for a great promotion class - perhaps for the frostweaver?

It's an idea I've always been in love with but have never seen in an MMO before. I've kind of pulled it off in single player RPG's like the TES games (usually with mods, the vanilla games don't support it well). It just seems like a great idea for more class diversity.

I'm hopeful that there will be a decent amount of variety in every role, and a stealth mage could be another option for infiltrators and scouts.

I'm hoping different archetypes will have different ways to achieve stealth.

• Druids could get camouflage
  • Frostweavers could cover themselves with snow and hide in place and hide their scent
  • Maybe Confessors could have true invisibility with one promotion, but no silence or hiding their scent.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Shadowbane's assassin profession was a rogue/mage hybrid. Some fun builds there.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I wish there was no invisibility at all. :(

Same. It's such a lazy design approach.

*poof* gone.

Shadowbane's assassin profession was a rogue/mage hybrid. Some fun builds there.

Ya, Wizards were pretty viable in that regard as well.

I had a Shade Shroudborne Wizzy to solo/duo-PK.

Unless my opponent was able to consistently kite me at max-bow range I'd absolutely wreck every rogue :D

I'm hoping different archetypes will have different ways to achieve stealth.

• Druids could get camouflage
  • Frostweavers could cover themselves with snow and hide in place and hide their scent
  • Maybe Confessors could have true invisibility with one promotion, but no silence or hiding their scent.

This is more in line with what I was picturing, except I didn't really think of Confessors getting there. They could though. That'd be pretty terrifying. That said...

I wish there was no invisibility at all. :(

I agree with this sentiment, actually. I want stealth - I think stealth mechanics are very important. But it shouldn't just be complete invisibility. I'm not sure what the best approach is, but I hope that it's more interesting and complex than that.

I don't see confessors having stealth...I do see them as dispelling stealth VERY VERY easily though. Frankly I see Confessors having an aura around them that just instantly cancels any stealth in range of them. They are, after all, this games version of an inquisitor...aka ferreting out secrets and exposing them to light.

Stealth in this game should be more camouflage based though. If you stand still you are invisible, if you move you create shimmers people can see. Force stealth users to actually show some skill in stalking their target rather than the pathetic excuse that is invisibility. There is no skill when stealth is just invisibility. If any movement at all can give you away, THEN you can say you have skill in stalking people with stealth.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."