Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Das Tal, a 2D MMO very similar to Crowfall --- check the Kickstarter

Yeah, I found them like half a year ago as I was looking for jobs in the region. While I think they have several good ideas I doubt that they will deliver a "successful" MMO in terms of longevity. In addition to funding you also need a large enough player base to keep things running. I personally don't feel that this will be appealing enough to a lot of people. Maybe they should have done a co-op pvp game instead. But that's just my opinion.

That being said, I hope they succeed nevertheless.

Edited by Berinima

"Kansas City Shuffle - When everybody looks right, you go left."

I have played this game in alpha for quite a while now and it is very impressive. What they have is more or less one big arena map to showcase their PvP system with some base building and objective points to capture thrown in.

Even at this very very early stage, the combat is addictive and its something brand new. Its heavily skill based, its all manual aiming, and friendly fire is hilarious as always. The Devs are very involved with the testers and are a good bunch of guys. For such a small team, im quite impressed and have pledged already. I recommend you check out this game. Some vids below of our fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJ-rB7LTZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Th9-NrcZguw

Edited by Obs LoD

www.twitch.tv/obslod  |  www.youtube.com/obslod  | www.lordsofdeath.com

I have played this game in alpha for quite a while now and it is very impressive. What they have is more or less one big arena map to showcase their PvP system with some base building and objective points to capture thrown in.

Even at this very very early stage, the combat is addictive and its something brand new. Its heavily skill based, its all manual aiming, and friendly fire is hilarious as always. The Devs are very involved with the testers and are a good bunch of guys. For such a small team, im quite impressed and have pledged already. I recommend you check out this game. Some vids below of our fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJ-rB7LTZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Th9-NrcZguw

called targets 4tw :)

the visuals reminds me of a game i played back in day...Nox? i think that was it. was great fun.

Edited by dubanka

So glad to see a thread about Das Fal already here! I wanted to come post about it as well. To use language from Crowfall's marketing, it's like Crowfall had an unholy lovechild with MOBA games and Diablo or something.

Looks extremely cool, I really hope they succeed! I think this is a great title to play while waiting for Crowfall to finish baking in the oven!! Especially for MOBA fans, above and beyond MMO fans.

aS52sKM.jpg

So glad to see a thread about Das Fal already here! I wanted to come post about it as well. To use language from Crowfall's marketing, it's like Crowfall had an unholy lovechild with MOBA games and Diablo or something.

Looks extremely cool, I really hope they succeed! I think this is a great title to play while waiting for Crowfall to finish baking in the oven!! Especially for MOBA fans, above and beyond MMO fans.

Honestly their kickstarter doesn't look too good though. :(

y9tj8G5.png

I think they need (1) better publicity, and (2) a better marketing twist on their game. For example, Crowfall expertly has summarized their game, "It's like Game of Thrones meets EVE Online," etc. That's a quick and easy conceptual summary to try to capture the extremely broad ethos of the game. By contrast, look at the title of this thread: "A 2D MMO", which sounds kind of awful for generating excitement, know what I mean?

They need to posture themselves as something like "The world's first MMO-BA," which instantly gives you a conceptual idea of what the game might be. Or "It's like EVE Online meets League of Legends," etc. This helps at least get toward some of the ideas trying to be captured.

Right now, they have this: "Sandbox MMORPG meets Arena PvP." The problem is that a lot of people don't know the distinction between Sandbox and Themepark MMOs, and "arena PvP" sounds broad and ambiguous enough that it could mean something like Team Fortress 2 or something.

aS52sKM.jpg

The game is really fun and have alot of potential, 

If anyone is intressted and have a key for next test in june then contact me on pm if you would to join Paterno, cause the game is all about clan at this point.

When's the next playtest? I had to do a big road trip yesterday when they were doing the playtest and missed my opportunity. >_<

Otherwise, I'll join you! It'll be fun with other Crowfall fans!

aS52sKM.jpg

This game looks pretty awesome...I'd imagine the feel is kinda like an mmo version of bloodline champions.. hopefully it finds some success...

Are they taking US testers at all?

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Bloodline Champions is definitely one of their main sources of inspiration for the combat! It's MOBA+BLC for combat mechanics, but Shadowbane/Ultima Online for the broader world/map dynamics.

They are doing a big open alpha test for all Kickstarter backers this upcoming Sunday, but you can get become a backer at even just the $1 level. Then you can decide if you want to upgrade to the $15 tier or whatever! Seems pretty cool!

aS52sKM.jpg

it's sad but at this rate it looks like they are not going to hit their kickstarter goal. I am totally going to back them btw, and I suggest you do too.

Their kickstarter says that if you back a certain amount you will be able to start playing right after Kickstarter ends. Which is in 8 days or so.

Just go a back that game, having a game like that to play around with while waiting is really nice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1890663130/das-tal-pvp-sandbox-mmo

Edited by rajah