Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forumfall

The newbie forum will be heavily moderated and anyone who can't behave there will be exiled without prejudice. Seriously, if helping new people isn't your thing and you can't interact in a thread without showing your snarkitude, it would behoove you to avoid that section at all costs. We ain't playin'. 

That's a good thing. Looking forward to new blood coming to the forums and actually finding an inviting atmosphere to learn about the game.

The newbie forum will be heavily moderated and anyone who can't behave there will be exiled without prejudice. Seriously, if helping new people isn't your thing and you can't interact in a thread without showing your snarkitude, it would behoove you to avoid that section at all costs. We ain't playin'. 

I'd go with ellie's suggestion and make courant a moderator over it since mods around here are obv dropping like flies. Just throw the tag/title on him, seriously, he's going to keep saying no..but you know he'll do it and enjoy it.

Also, forumfall/politic sub forum. Complete opposite of proposed noob forum moderation.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Someone has got the ban hammer out and is ready to swing!

Tanom of the WhiteWalkers

iWQCpyx.gif

I think this is a great idea, Pann!  Can't wait to help the newbies.  And, yes, snarkitude-free!

I think this is a great idea, Pann!  Can't wait to help the newbies.  And, yes, snarkitude-free!

Gonna have to bring my Sharkitude though, newbie scrubs love Sharkitude!

anyone who can't behave there will be exiled without prejudice

Can we apply this standard to the rest of the subforums

Stop trying to make custard a thing, it's not going to happen...

It happened a custard long time ago :P

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I know that every couple days I like the post ideas or thoughts I have regarding the game. I always do a search to check for similar posts. But I'm certainly not going to necro a post just because its similar because chances are my thoughts will differ even though the topic title is close.

But maybe only allow new members to post in the new member section for a few days to get the silly questions out of the way.

I know that every couple days I like the post ideas or thoughts I have regarding the game. I always do a search to check for similar posts. But I'm certainly not going to necro a post just because its similar because chances are my thoughts will differ even though the topic title is close.

But maybe only allow new members to post in the new member section for a few days to get the silly questions out of the way.

First 100 posts.

There doesn't need to be 7 threads on people wanting ships. There are basic assumptions (like 3 threads requesting bards as a class) that don't need alternate threads. The majority of threads are redundant. The thread about economy pre- and post major changes like currency are obvious. Anyone who has used a forum on the internet for longer than 3 days know to make their topic specific to certain things unlike "who likes water?" as a generica thread topic.

The idea is obvious that your thought process would differ or else you wouldn't feel inclined to post. I think anyone who sees a 20 page thread about something as basic as dungeons and feels the need to post yet another thread about something that isn't going to be included in the game because they want to re-hash it with their own opinion is an a-hole.

And requiring people to post in a lower forums before elevating is not good. Instead of 1-5 post noobs we'll have 101 - 105 post noobs. The only difference now is they're more irritated or just said "screw it" and took their ball else where.

There doesn't need to be 7 threads on people wanting ships. There are basic assumptions (like 3 threads requesting bards as a class) that don't need alternate threads. The majority of threads are redundant. The thread about economy pre- and post major changes like currency are obvious. Anyone who has used a forum on the internet for longer than 3 days know to make their topic specific to certain things unlike "who likes water?" as a generica thread topic.

The idea is obvious that your thought process would differ or else you wouldn't feel inclined to post. I think anyone who sees a 20 page thread about something as basic as dungeons and feels the need to post yet another thread about something that isn't going to be included in the game because they want to re-hash it with their own opinion is an a-hole.

And requiring people to post in a lower forums before elevating is not good. Instead of 1-5 post noobs we'll have 101 - 105 post noobs. The only difference now is they're more irritated or just said "screw it" and took their ball else where.

Limit newbs to topic creation in the newbie forums, until they have 100 posts total. They can always post replies anywhere without restriction!

So I know that most of us have fancy new horses we received from the Kickstarter campaign, why have we proceeded to beat them to death? I see so many new posts about old crap that it's starting to make browsing the forums a chore. I want to say bravo to all of the Super Vets/Hooded Crows who have taken time out of their day to respond to seemingly all of the threads despite the same questions being asked prompting variations of the same answer.

We need to be more mindful of the FAQ and the search feature in the top right corner of the site. I know that the Kickstarter excitement is gone, but there is no shame in waiting for real information before we revisit old topics. I don't know what EKs are going to be like, I don't know how aiming will work and dammit if I even care whether or not Lantern Watch makes an epic zerg and rolls over the game. Just stop asking for now and it will be revealed in time.

Basically, I'd rather see a forum with one or two dev threads or something thought out and new than seeing the same threads every day that could be answered by reading the FAQ.

Obligatory Link to FAQ

This is exactly why I have so few forum posts; there's not a lot to say on here that hasn't already been said based on the limited information we have. I browse the forums multiple times/day, but there's rarely anything for me to respond to that twenty other people haven't already said the same thing to, so why bother? I do hope we'll have much more to discuss in the very near future, however. Edited by Fozzie