Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weebles

Skill Builder/Calculator For Archtypes?

Note: I searched through the forum and couldn't find any update/post on this.

With the combat module coming soon for testing it would be great if the CF Dev's could develop an interactive skill builder/calculator for all the playable Archtypes for the upcoming Alpha/Beta environments.  I know myself I would love to see the direction of each Archtype with the proposed skills since it would open up early discussion as to what each one will be able to do by CF's end game.  Plus I'd like to start paper crafting the Archtype vs Archtype scenarios!

Would this be something everyone would use and test out builds or look at future/current skill changes?   Are there any other options or features you'd like built into a dev supported tool such at this?  Or is it to early for the CF Devs to dedicate time towards since there are many other modules and features that can be worked on?

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

I think we are far far away from the point of development where we actually do theorycrafting :9, but I also think some nice guys from the community will make some skill builders :)

but I REALLY hope that its not going into a direction where everybody uses the same build and the same skills :( thats lame

^^^^^  Very good point.  I am sure there will be plenty of Trial and Error for us to encounter. If we map it all out it kind of takes the fun out of it. In shadowbane there were all sorts of crazy builds. Finding them on your own is most of the fun.

^^^^^  Very good point.  I am sure there will be plenty of Trial and Error for us to encounter. If we map it all out it kind of takes the fun out of it. In shadowbane there were all sorts of crazy builds. Finding them on your own is most of the fun.

This was one of the main reasons why I think an early skill builder would be a great tool to have!  Since a large portion of the player base won't be in the Alpha phases, and quite a few people probably won't be in Beta either, it would give everyone an opportunity to test out all the various Archtypes that CF has to offer and find a build that might tailor to their play style.

I was also thinking that it could be an easy Dev Tracker to follow skill progression and changes if the Dev's did build and maintain it.  Although as stated above the community could try and keep on top of things as well.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

This was one of the main reasons why I think an early skill builder would be a great tool to have!  Since a large portion of the player base won't be in the Alpha phases, and quite a few people probably won't be in Beta either, it would give everyone an opportunity to test out all the various Archtypes that CF has to offer and find a build that might tailor to their play style.

I was also thinking that it could be an easy Dev Tracker to follow skill progression and changes if the Dev's did build and maintain it.  Although as stated above the community could try and keep on top of things as well.

The class/skill/archetype system will be in flux likely from now until launch. Just doesn't make sense to have a calculator so early.

Have they said anything about having some type of point system other than just leveling up skills, promotions, and the 3 disciplines?

You mean like the advantage/disadvantage system?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

You mean like the advantage/disadvantage system?

No, though I guess a calculator could be used for that? 

I was just trying to make a point that from what we know of the game so far, it doesn't seem the "calculator" norm would really fit the character progression of this game.

The play-style of the archetypes is still unknown, it's a bit early to worry about this.
While it's early to say that, and I doubt it would happen, I do wish there would be hidden skills/combinations that no one would reveal online. Makes it so much better to discover it by yourself.
Although I do understand that many wish to get things right theoretically and not just learn by playing and discovering...

Considering the classes are still being created I'd say a skill calculator is pointless at this stage. They don't even have all the powers, resource usage, etc. worked out at this point. Once the classes are completed and in the game we can worry about talent calculators and things of that nature. Be patient.

Considering the classes are still being created I'd say a skill calculator is pointless at this stage. They don't even have all the powers, resource usage, etc. worked out at this point. Once the classes are completed and in the game we can worry about talent calculators and things of that nature. Be patient.

No way!!  ACE has everything done already.  They're just sitting in their offices playing dominoes with our kickstarter money and laughing at us.  I hate my life.