Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Resurrection

It would be nice if there was an injured/impared state similar to GW 2, with less offense, and more movement.

Allowing you to crawl away, defend yourself ineffectively, and slowly recover. You could also receive aid from allies to drag you away and heal in a safe area.

I wish they would do something more comprehensive with resurrection too. Like separate skills used to recover your health and revive you. Like you'd have to be healed first, than another skill would be used to jolt you out of death.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

It would be nice if there was an injured/impared state similar to GW 2, with less offense, and more movement.

Allowing you to crawl away, defend yourself ineffectively, and slowly recover. You could also receive aid from allies to drag you away and heal in a safe area.

I wish they would do something more comprehensive with resurrection too. Like separate skills used to recover your health and revive you. Like you'd have to be healed first, than another skill would be used to jolt you out of death.

Would surly be rough on the chap that ventured out alone and got killed.  Who's gonna raise you then?  of maybe there will be a timer and your god resurrects you?  Personally, I would never be wounded in battle.  That is disgraceful.  You live and fight on the battlefield or you die with dignity.

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

Down state was a double edge sword. There was less dependable consistent healing in gw2 so you needed some sort of "safety net" which was basically the down state. However down state was extremely obnoxious and benefited zergs more so than small groups. I'm not a fan of the "dead and done" type of systems that wildstar applies, and would like a way for a group to bounce back from numerous deaths. However I'm not sure the down state is the way to go. I'm most likely use a resurrect on a long cast timer that could only be used once during combat and have a very long grace period (so you can't game the system by breaking combat). It would work a lot like the resurrection signet from guild wars 1. Edited by helix

Maybe you have to gain favor with the god you represent.  Kill a follower of the opposite god and gain an instant resurrect (just maybe not exactly where you fell, but close).  You can stack favor equal to your piety to your god ( piety; yeah i don't know... new stat... stat based on something else... )  just throwing around ideas.

Crawling pathetically across the ground, feebly trying to escape before someone finishes you off, sounds awesome.

See, he gets it.

Edited by Eston

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

I always thought it would be cool to have resurrection be a big deal that takes multiple people in a ritual that sacrifices souls in exchange for another person's reentry into the world. it would not be instant and it would be tedious, requiring players to build an alter and harvest souls and vessels for the resurrection but worth it to bring back players. Then people could also attack and destroy the alter, which is a secondary goal that helps the war effort.

I love ideas like that. Things that allow people who only harvest and build to stay relevant in the battle space.

I always thought it would be cool to have resurrection be a big deal that takes multiple people in a ritual that sacrifices souls in exchange for another person's reentry into the world. it would not be instant and it would be tedious, requiring players to build an alter and harvest souls and vessels for the resurrection but worth it to bring back players. Then people could also attack and destroy the alter, which is a secondary goal that helps the war effort.

I love ideas like that. Things that allow people who only harvest and build to stay relevant in the battle space.

Do you expect to be able to do that while battle is being waged around you or afterward, when both enemy and ally have moved on and ressurrection is irrelevant?

Do you expect to be able to do that while battle is being waged around you or afterward, when both enemy and ally have moved on and ressurrection is irrelevant?

It's not irrelevant if this were the only way to come back. I could imagine someone hiding an alter nearby spending their souls to bring people back. However resurrection would take time and multiple people so there is a drawback to this strategy. If you're losing people it might be better to retreat to safety and attempt to summon all of your people back.

This could be just a campaign mode, but I just enjoy a more hardcore experience.

I'm against combat resurrections.  I think it creates an artificial lifebar based off of you dying and being brought back.

If you want to have combat resurrections, you lose everything when you die in a nice pile/bag next to your corpse and you come back and have to loot all your stuff to get back into the fight with compromised health (25%).

There should be an overkill damage mechanic, so if I have like 10 health left and somebody deals like 500 damage past that, then yeah I go down like a sack of socks and die.

Whereas a light basic attack or something that just happens to knock me down past that 10 health then I move to a bleedout state. No offensive capibilities, just crawling away hoping someone stabilizes you. Maybe being able to hold up my weapon to mitigate damage or whatever.

My two cents.

532c836f2a.png

I would like to see a triage area, similar I guess to Gideon's altar idea. Not necessarily for instant resurrection (I don't like instant battlefield resurrection) but having to crawl or drag the injured somewhere (if they weren't finished off) to allow them the opportunity to regenerate health would be fun. It would create something to defend, and it would just be awesome seeing people crawling or dragging others towards the triage area hoping to be saved, only to finally be shot dead before they reached it.

Edited by Mytherceria

Crawling pathetically across the ground, feebly trying to escape before someone finishes you off, sounds awesome.

Let dying players wait on the ground (with very minimal mobility, close to none) until:

- someone finishes them off

- someone helps them to stand up

- time runs out and they bleed to death

Make the first two options a couple of seconds long, so that anyone could stop players from ganking or "resurrecting" others.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Are we clarifying between being revived on the battlefield vs respawning?

Respawn will happen in some way, and downed state doesn't necessarily mean you live longer, it just means you go through a dying stage before actually dying.

I'm expecting less healing in Crowfall than GW2, so if that's the reason why they introduced it... Doesn't it make even more sense in Crowfall?

Death is expected to be costly in Crowfall, trying to stay alive or get draged away so you don't loose equipment is fairly dire. You could have allies drag away your dead and dying body so they can salvage your loot before the foe, the foe could drag you away and bind you so they can secure loot or get more loot off of you.

There's a lot of interesting interaction that can replace the commonplace healing game in other games.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I'm against combat resurrections. I think it creates an artificial lifebar based off of you dying and being brought back.

If you want to have combat resurrections, you lose everything when you die in a nice pile/bag next to your corpse and you come back and have to loot all your stuff to get back into the fight with compromised health (25%).

No resurrections definitely grants Zerg play a huge advantage. Long cast time resurrects at least lets smaller groups have the potential to regroup mid fight. If I bring 50 guys and you bring 20 guys, you have to chop down 30 guys before the "actual" fight begins. Every death the smaller group incurs matters more, while the larger group has a huge buffer. Resurrects at least grants so some option of being able to sustain against a larger group. The larger group will also benefit from this, so again, it's kind of tricky to implement.

I like the idea of a morale or vitae penalty where you suffer temporary stat penalties for a short while after resurrect tho.

Edited by helix

No resurrections definitely grants Zerg play a huge advantage. Long cast time resurrects at least lets smaller groups have the potential to regroup mid fight. If I bring 50 guys and you bring 20 guys, you have to chop down 30 guys before the "actual" fight begins. Every death the smaller group incurs matters more, while the larger group has a huge buffer. Resurrects at least grants so some option of being able to sustain against a larger group. The larger group will also benefit from this, so again, it's kind of tricky to implement.

You said there at the end why the beginning of your argument doesn't work. I had to read it twice to see that you counter argued yourself.

Edited by Gideon

I seem to remember Darkfall having a neat little system where you 'killed' someone which was really just incapacitating them. You then did a coup de grace to finish them off and allow looting.

I can't remember if they had a timer that eventually killed them, or if allies could revive somehow. 

I can't remember if they had a timer that eventually killed them, or if allies could revive somehow. 

Both. Players would bleed to death after a minute or so, and allies could revive them meanwhile.. like I said in my previous post.

y9tj8G5.png