Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grayfox

Store Keep versus Kickstarter buildings.

The EK FAQ item #10 explains the difference between Keeps and the various buildings offered on Kickstarter very well (Fortifications, Castles etc).

Use the Ctrl + F "Fortifications" to find it.

And no, Stronghold Parcels (Also explained in the FAQ) cannot be combined, only traded in for credit and bought for credit.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I'm not sure what you mean by "adding them to the KS pledge". If you got a Fortification or a Castle in your KS package, then that's part of your package. If you buy a Keep from the CF.com store, then that goes onto your account as well, because you bought it, but that has nothing to do with your KS pledge. You'll still get your fort or castle if you had one of those too.

If you're asking if you'll be able to trade in your KS package Fort and pay the different to upgrade to a Keep, then the answer is probably yes but they don't have a system for that yet.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Let me clarify, i have a small castle with my KS package. What would buying a store Keep do for me? Would it increase my land size? Is the keep larger than a small castle? The list only shows castle, not various sizes.

Let me clarify, i have a small castle with my KS package. What would buying a store Keep do for me? Would it increase my land size? Is the keep larger than a small castle? The list only shows castle, not various sizes.

The size is merely a subcategory for the larger categories, the same way a 3rd Grader (Small Castle)  is an Elementary School Student (Castle).  A microscopic castle is better than a universe sized keep.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Stay tuned, details on this are dropping (very) soon.

Todd

ACE

this post inscreased my refresh ratio by 400% and decreased my work productivity by 30%. Thanks Todd

Though I don't even care about the store or the buildings... its about Crowfall! Give it to me now

Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

So while we're waiting for JTC to dump the promised info, here's what we know at this point:

* All castle sizes use the same parcel footprint; upgrading from a small to a medium or large castle just makes more lots on the parcel buildable and makes the castle building grander.

* Likewise for keeps; a small, medium, and large keep all use the same "puzzle piece", you just get more bang for your buck by upgrading the keep size.

* A castle is better than a keep of equal size, but we don't know exactly what "better" means: it probably gives you a larger puzzle piece (more cells) and also more buildable lots on those cells.

* No idea if a medium keep is better than a small castle. With that said, once fully upgraded a large castle is better than any keep.

* No idea whether it's useful to have multiple fortifications of different types in the same EK. My speculation is probably not, or at least not in the early days of the game release.

All of which is a long way of saying that if you have a small castle coming I probably would not bother to buy any keeps from the store, unless we get new info that makes it a more attractive proposition.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

What I cannot wait for is standalone Alpha access in the store. I also hope it will take in consideration the one we currently have and price adjust. Like going from Alpha 2 to Alpha 1 should be cheaper than going from Beta 1 to Alpha 1.

Stay tuned, details on this are dropping (very) soon.

Todd

ACE

Oooh, shiny. The difference between the Amber medium fortification and the Sapphire small castle is something I've wondered about and would be somewhat of a factor in my decision of whether I'm going to upgrade or not.

Really looking forward to learning more about this :)

What I cannot wait for is standalone Alpha access in the store. I also hope it will take in consideration the one we currently have and price adjust. Like going from Alpha 2 to Alpha 1 should be cheaper than going from Beta 1 to Alpha 1.

There's no guarantee we'll sell testing access separately.  We've previously said we'll only add more testers (through sales) *if* we feel we need more testers for a particular test, and don't want to open up the next-in-line test group to help.  Right now that looks unlikely for the summer, as between pre-alpha and alpha1 testers we have almost 700 people available to test our initial combat milestone. 

Our plan is to test in appropriately sized groups, in phases, for ever test version we bring live.  More coming on that process when we are closer to delivery!

Not every item and/or service will be sold separately, though most will.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

There's no guarantee we'll sell testing access separately.  We've previously said we'll only add more testers (through sales) *if* we feel we need more testers for a particular test, and don't want to open up the next-in-line test group to help.  Right now that looks unlikely for the summer, as between pre-alpha and alpha1 testers we have almost 700 people available to test our initial combat milestone. 

Our plan is to test in appropriately sized groups, in phases, for ever test version we bring live.  More coming on that process when we are closer to delivery!

Mic-Drop.gif

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

Thanks for the clarification. 

Now... to spend or not to spend another $300 on crowfall...

OMalley-Change-MD-Documents-O%E2%80%99Ma

KS Forts and Castles will have lifetime insurance to help recover from breakages

"Always put a meaningful quote in your signature" - Idiot's Guide to Bulletin Boards

s9ty42E.png

Thanks for the clarification. 

Now... to spend or not to spend another $300 on crowfall...

OMalley-Change-MD-Documents-O%E2%80%99Ma

same here :D

I think I will need to upgrade :D hopefully all Alpha 1 testers will be included in the combat testing :D going up to pre alpha testing would be too much for me I think :(