Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kalsomir

<EU> GvG guild startup, focus on diplomacy

TL,DR: Looking for co-founders for guild.

To everyone interested in Crowfall and still looking for a home,

I will be creating a guild focused on diplomacy and GvG. I want to create a community that thrives on diplomatic relations with other guilds and provide other players the opportunity to experience this as the primary focus of the guild. Over the past month I have been working on the concept, but am currently stuck in that I need co-founders to solidify and expand the charter and vision.

Overview

The idea for the guild comes from the desire as a player to engage in the political PvP game. The ability to negotiate with other guilds and create meaningful relations such as alliances, trade agreements, truces etc, is what initially drove me towards Crowfall. The game markets itself as a throne-war simulator, a mix between Game of Thrones and EVE Online, and I seek to establish a guild that tries to be true to that as much as possible.

The guild, styled as a kingdom, will focus on GvG gameplay. Its goals are to establish alliances and defeat common foes. We will seek diplomatic ties both in-game, but also within the community outside the game.

There are already some well-established guilds what will be entering Crowfall, so how do I want the kingdom to be different and competitive? While the kingdom accepts anyone with any playstyle, its leaders and officers will employ a rigid structure. From scheduled war assemblies to formal council meetings to serious interaction with other guilds, we seek to establish a semi-hardcore community; one who takes all matters of the game seriously and with dedication, but not the point where it becomes a part-time job.

Tl,dr: We are a semi-hardcore GvG guild with heavy focus on diplomacy. Our structure is derived from the historic concept of a kingdom and we will employ a serious schedule of war and council meetings to become an effective force within the established PvP community.

If you are interested in knowing more, the charter, a WIP document detailing the goals, philosophy and structure can be found with the following link:

Note: some sections are intentionally vague because we lack information about gameplay.

Timeline

- First, I will be looking for additional co-founders while working on the charter.

- Together with the co-founders, will will all work on the charter, until we have a complete documentation of the kingdom we all agree on.

- We will create the website and set up the recruitment procedure.

- At this point, everyone will be able to sign the charter and become a tentative member.

- Once the guild registration goes live, the charter will be established and the kingdom will formally exist.  

- Then we will increase recruitment, aiming for a team of roughly 20-40 active players before launch.

- In the meanwhile, we will develop strategy and game plans as we test during alpha and beta. Generally, we will learn together how to play the game.

- The game launches.

It is nearly two more years until release. There is no need to rush and more than enough time to sort everything out in detail.

Personal Information

I also wanted to share a bit about myself as I understand any potential co-leader will want to know what kind of person they will be working with. 

Currently I am a student at Leiden University studying International Relations and Organisations. I also have studied Computer Science for 1 year, but I dropped out due to the discipline not quite being my passion. I have academic experience in areas such as OO-programming, website engineering/design and interface design. Although I have never technically been guild leader before, I have co-lead a medium sized sw:tor community for almost three years with very successful results. Of course, I cannot undertake this endeavour alone, and even if I could I’d want it to be a collaborative effort, however together I feel extremely confident we can create something real.

NB: If you live in The Netherlands (Holland/Utrecht regio) and want to help, I would not mind talking things out in a public area ^^.

Interested?

If you are interested in helping to found the guild, I do need a couple ambitious co-leaders. Please send a forum message with your interest and we can talk about how you can help. I consider this a serious and ambitious undertaking and I expect you view it as the same. If you do, we can truly make something grand.

Of course, if you are interested in the idea of this kingdom, but do not want to commit yourself, you can simply leave a reply here with feedback and your opinion. It helps to spread the idea and to confirm that there are people who would want to be in such a guild as this.

Edited by Kalsomir

Just saying having more than one co-leader to work with you is a bit of a problem. For co-leader, it's better to find someone you are very close to instead of on the forum. I wish you good luck on building your guild though. I can see your focus on diplomacy and guild relations. Good luck on finding a co-founder.

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Was away for a week, good to see there is support!

Still working on details and thinking about the specifics. Still need co-founders, this might be an auspicious opportunity for anyone wishing to build something up. Just PM me ;)

I will be creating a guild focused on diplomacy and GvG. I want to create a community that thrives on diplomatic relations with other guilds and provide other players the opportunity to experience this as the primary focus of the guild. 

Wait.... You want to ally with everyone and do GvG? I don't think that is how that works.

Not everyone of course, that would be insane. Just the people we like :) What I meant is that we will use diplomatic relations as our primary way to claim success.

That is not going to get you far here. You want to be successful? You gotta take it.

We will make it get us far. Of course, we won't do solely joint operations, we will do independent operations as well.

That is not going to get you far here. You want to be successful? You gotta take it.

everyone plays there role differently my friend. You should learn a thing or two from this guy. He is playing the way he want to play the game and you are playing the way you are.

I've spoken with Higgz and he will help found the guild as its first co-leader. He is also very ambitious, and where I tend to be over-serious, he is a chill, relaxed man. I feel very confident in him.

However, we'd really like one or perhaps two more co-leaders on board to ensure our success. Although the guild's vision is the only thing that is set in stone, everything else, including power and authority within the guild is still up for discussion. 

Do you feel that guild relations, alliances, guild wars, cooperative (with other guilds) Shadow/Dregs campaigns and diplomacy are the most important aspects of making Crowfall a lasting and both enjoyable and exciting experience for you? If you want to help start up a guild, we would be really happy to have you with us.

Edited by Kalsomir

I've spoken with Higgz and he will help found the guild as its first co-leader. He is also very ambitious, and where I tend to be over-serious, he is a chill, relaxed man. I feel very confident in him.

Biig mistake :D  

Jokes aside, check out the google doc linked in the OP to read more about the general idea of the guild. There are plenty of things to be decided and it would be nice to have one or two more people aboard before we get the ball rolling.

/Higgz aka Caldicot