Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kalsomir

<EU> GvG guild startup, focus on diplomacy

Hi and welcome!

I love discussing communities and their takes on structure, leadership and goals.

I read in your google document that you would always pursue diplomacy first before any other solution and I was curious how dedicated you were intending to be to that.  If you were a radical follower of that premise, anytime someone attacked you, you'd first seek out a diplomatic solution.  I'd be curious to hear some further detail on how you intend to handle such scenarios in campaigns and whether you think you'd be able to find success (winning campaigns) with such focus.

Its a pretty unique idea I've gotta admit, most guilds are "we'll be the dominant biggest closest knit elite PvPers" and OP is actually considering just talking to people. Kinda neat idea

Hi and welcome!

I love discussing communities and their takes on structure, leadership and goals.

I read in your google document that you would always pursue diplomacy first before any other solution and I was curious how dedicated you were intending to be to that.  If you were a radical follower of that premise, anytime someone attacked you, you'd first seek out a diplomatic solution.  I'd be curious to hear some further detail on how you intend to handle such scenarios in campaigns and whether you think you'd be able to find success (winning campaigns) with such focus.

Thanks. Yes, if possible, we do very much like to open a diplomatic channel with the attacker, but depending on who they are or how auspicious their timing is, it may not be possible. It will also depend a lot on how skirmishes and battles will work out in the game. Lets say our scavenging party is intercepted, how exactly can we reach out to the raiders? Can we chat with them before they attack?

How exactly we would engage in in-game diplomacy will depend on the timeframe of events and the availability to chat with your opponents. What exactly does 'being attacked' mean? This is why the vision can't really be translated 1:1 to in-game actions, but rather it tells how we would like to experience the game. We will let the vision guide our gameplay where it makes sense, but they are by no means hard rules.

The most concrete I can get is that we want to participate in the FFA campaigns (Shadows/Dregs) and will actively pursue diplomatic contact with other guilds/groups and try to organize joint operations to eliminate otherwise threatening groups. What exactly 'diplomatic contact' will entail is currently hard to say. EDIT: I can see most of our diplomacy happening outside the game as well, who knows.

In regard to success, its also hard to say. In fact, I would go so far as to say its currently impossible to determine what will lead to success and what will not. However, we hope that because our vision of diplomacy/politics matches some of the core aesthetic ACE is pursuing, it should at least be somewhat successful.

Edited by Kalsomir

Its a pretty unique idea I've gotta admit, most guilds are "we'll be the dominant biggest closest knit elite PvPers" and OP is actually considering just talking to people. Kinda neat idea

Not just talking to people. First diplomacy by words, then diplomacy by action :)