Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danaos

What attracted you to the game

I'm curious to see what people have to say about what attracted them to crowfall obviously people like the idea of the PvP it's a PvP game

But there are a lot of games some which you might play others I'm sure you hate that are PvP. What specifically about the concept or what along with the PvP made you interested

For me I like the fact that in the beginning you don't start of with much except whatever you were allowed to import and the fact that your things can be stolen and will eventually break make gathering resources not too much devoid of PvP and since there are no NPC vendors makes it matter more

So post your thoughts and discuss

Player-driven play that makes a real impact on the game map and economy. An MMO that focuses on working with other people instead of soloing 98% of the game. Also a big fan of the art style and player housing, which are nice perks.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?

There was a time when our industry took CHANCES.

Our games didn’t have to appeal to everyone, and we didn’t judge ourselves solely on mass market success.

With amusement park games, it’s impossible to lose. With sandbox games, it’s impossible to win.

If you can’t win and you can’t lose, then

WHAT'S THE POINT OF PLAYING?

I don’t want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge.

I want to play a GAME, against PLAYERS where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose.

Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. Risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE.

Even if I lose, the experience won’t feel hollow. I don’t want another worthless trophy.

I WANT TO PLAY TO CRUSH.

Todd & Company referred to the disenfranchised players that were their early supporters as identifying with an MMORPG as "home" and not being able to find one that felt like that for a long time. For me, my home is Ultima Online. Specifically, the UO at the end of beta and the first few months of release. Even UO didn't feel like itself for too long.

For Crowfall, it's freedom & consequences, win conditions, open PvP, looting, the archetypes, the character & skill system as described, the specific developers that are involved, the art style, the lore...all of it sounds like a great experience to me.

The manifesto plus Todd talking about his new "game" for 1 1/2 years on FB.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

JTodd making the collab with GWalt got me on the original mailing list.

The concept of "worlds that somebody wins and then they end and you all start over without rolling new characters" got them my kickstarter money and snarky forum posts.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

For me it was specifically the Dying Worlds mechanic. I've seen Uncle Bob destroy server after server in Shadowbane and am watching the same thing happen right now in Pathfinder Online (with only a single shard!) Having campaigns with an end point where everyone says "good game" and then makes a fresh start will make a huge difference in the way strategic MMOs are usually played and the way their gameworlds tend to evolve.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I was drawn in by the game being something different.  

I stayed because of the brutal honesty that JTodd and GWalt have shown us.  Not many folks asking for money would tell you to take your money elsewhere if what they offered wasn't a good fit.  Most companies would sell you the product anyways.  It's a huge character win for me, and gave me enough faith in their vision to continue to see this through until the finished product.

[@--(o.O)@]