Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danaos

What attracted you to the game

I've been searching for my perfect MMO for years since I started playing them with Phantasy Star Online. I haven't been able to find one that really satisfied me though, there were aspects that I like in each one but nothing felt really as whole as this one sounds like it will be.

I've been searching for my perfect MMO for years since I started playing them with Phantasy Star Online. I haven't been able to find one that really satisfied me though, there were aspects that I like in each one but nothing felt really as whole as this one sounds like it will be.

So when I first saw your picture, I thought it was Lionel, then recognized the sword and am now aware that it is Gus. I'm not sure which one I preferred... but yay you!

After Shadowbane died, I tried hundreds of games.  So many I cant recall half of them. None of them filled the void left by SB.  

Then I heard that JTodd was going to make another pvp game, that sold me.  

My fervent wish is that this will be THE game that will fulfill that emptiness that was once filled by SB. If anybody can do it, I believe JT can.

Heard about it from guild-mates, dropped in to take a look around.

Not 100% exactly what it was but EKs, the whole "Eternal heroes, dying worlds" thing and the gorgeous asrtstyle all played big parts in it for me.

The 'Eternal Kingdoms' thing seems a bit sketchy to be honest. They talk a lot about consequences and yet they put it in the hands of a player to set their kingdom for Player versus Player? Everyone is going to puss out if they have anything good to lose and thus the combat feature is pointless.

Their descriptions for Eternal Kingdoms seems inconsistent, which is understandable I suppose due to the early stage of the project; at times they describe it as though it would function just as a lobby for the game and in others they mention crafting, trading, building, feudal land structure and resources in this area... in those it sounds like the most interesting part of the game is going to have the least functionality in player versus player (that is to say disrupting trade, burning crafting shops, buildings and stealing land and resources).

Hello Kitty Adventure Island would be a better name for it.

Edited by Shaxx

Heard about it from guild-mates, dropped in to take a look around.

The 'Eternal Kingdoms' thing seems a bit sketchy to be honest. They talk a lot about consequences and yet they put it in the hands of a player to set their kingdom for Player versus Player? Everyone is going to puss out if they have anything good to lose and thus the combat feature is pointless.

Their descriptions for Eternal Kingdoms seems inconsistent, which is understandable I suppose due to the early stage of the project; at times they describe it as though it would function just as a lobby for the game and in others they mention crafting, trading, building, feudal land structure and resources in this area... in those it sounds like the most interesting part of the game is going to have the least functionality in player versus player.

Hello Kitty Adventure Island would be a better name for it.

We can't all be kings of the EKS.

Sound like you be jealous cause you can't hack it there.

Stay out of the EKS if you too scared.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

The hopes that this game will follow in Shadowbanes footsteps where a guild was more than just a bunch of people that played under the same tag.

Maj, Keeper of Da Plank - The Shipwrecked Pirates

I was really drawn to the idea of an MMO that doesn't do a traditional leveling system.  It feels a lot more organic to how a place like this would actually be, which leads to a more immersive and therefore entertaining experience.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

Lots of options as far what you can do like being a crafter, scout, spy, or betraying your friends, and strategy

We can't all be kings of the EKS.

Sound like you be jealous cause you can't hack it there.

Stay out of the EKS if you too scared.

Right, because less player versus player and less consequences are scary.

I've wanted a voxel mmo for quite some time, and was seriously interested in EQ Next, but EQ Next isn't here, and I still want my Voxel MMO. This is the best alternative, and its not attached to SOE.

Voxels and worlds that are mutable, are much more interesting to me as a player, trying to experience a digital world, then killing 10 rats for a piece of gear to increase a stat, for an arbitrary amount of time until I have to repeat the process with a new skinned rat quest to get basically the same gear, but buffed to scale for another arbitrarily set amount of time.

Or increasing faction, for a group of NPCs that in no real way care about my actions or in any real effect on the world, matter. They're merely the padlock on the next swatch of gear...all to pay the admission fee for fighting a boss with a clan that may or may not let me progress to the next set of bosses.

I want freedom from the skinner-box. Most quests aren't designed with any joy, or love, they're just busy work, and it shows, and thats why they're dead to me. The quest mmo is dead to me, because to them I'm just some dude they have to string along for the sub-fee.

Edited by Zomnivore

There aren't any good western action combat pvp focused mmorpgs out there, that's what makes me interested in crowfall for the most part.

It's also another chance to see how people react when more isolated communities come face to face with mainstream gaming once this game comes out.