Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danaos

What attracted you to the game

I loved Shadowbane even with all of it's technical... issues... and Crowfall basically seems like SB 2.0 with all of the lessons learned from the first time around.

I spent my entire PvP career looking for a system that actually works. I am personally sick of lazy developers and greedy producers that try to replicate the huge commercial success that the three-letter-MMO could only deliver because it was released at the exact right time with dumbed down mechanics to make MMOs a mass product. I can't stand wannabe PvP games anymore that try to mix in themepark boredom to appeal to a broad audience only to crash and burn because this is a trick that can never be pulled off again in my opinion.

I am absolutely intrigued by the deep politics of both respected war heroes and infamous backstabbers Crowfall has at least the potential to offer. While it remains to be seen if this game is the Messiah of RvR warfare (usually these games are not, whether the company claims that or the community), I think that many approaches could have a huge impact on the industry (dying worlds, bane circle siege mechanics, completely player driven economy, etc.) because honestly, this is what I think you need in a sandbox PvP game. Also the concept of building in fact a real time strategy game that can reset itself after some time to counter the Uncle-Bob-problem but also is able to replicate the excitement of exploration you experience when you start a new MMO/RPG is borderline brilliant in my opinion. So whether Crowfall will be good, even great or not - I wanted this game to be made. That's why I backed it.

"Kansas City Shuffle - When everybody looks right, you go left."

9. HOW CAN YOU ALLOW FOR SO MUCH CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION, AND STILL CLAIM THAT EVERY CHARACTER IS BALANCED?

We don’t claim that!  The idea that “all characters should be equally balanced in all situations” is not one of our design goals.  We’re giving you the control to be able to customize your character.  The natural result is that some character builds will inevitably be better than others. 

Instead, our goal is to create a deep, complex simulation – filled with tactical and environmental considerations and emergent gameplay.  Our design goal is that no single character is better than others in every situation

This approach means that mastery of the game relies on skill: knowing how to build your character in a way that suits your playstyle, and then seeking out situations in the game that will be to your advantage.  It also means that adventuring parties will be less cookie cutter, as the roles are not as clearly defined.

This quote sums up why I believe the gameplay might be good.

For me, it's WPvP with an actual goal/endgame.  I hate the typical MMO PvP (arenas, BGs, etc.).   It's too small and limited in scope.  But I LOVE WPvP in those same games, except for the fact that it usually ends because one side gets bored, or because there's no tangible reward for participating which ultimately makes it meaningless.

Crowfall fixes that.

PS. The templar class as currently designed is redheaded and has a paladin vibe to it. Which is just icing on the cake!

Edited by Braellyn

For me, it's WPvP with an actual goal/endgame.  I hate the typical MMO PvP (arenas, BGs, etc.).   It's too small and limited in scope.  But I LOVE WPvP in those same games, except for the fact that it usually ends because one side gets bored, or because there's no tangible reward for participating which ultimately makes it meaningless.

Crowfall fixes that.

PS. The templar class as currently designed is redheaded and has a paladin vibe to it. Which is just icing on the cake!

Agree 100%. Most games PvP is to small and instanced or big and fun but no ending, reward, victor.

MOkvLlm.png

I definitely agree.

World PVP is something I really like.

There's a sort of quality thats hard to parse...but there's something so elemental about being in an environment, having a goal, and feeling tension at the potential for things to go wrong, and the human element adds some real umph to that happening.

I've been interested in other PVP mmos, but some quality or another drew me off, over all I love the image Crowfall has set.

Passive leveling gains, allow me to have a life, and still be able to play with people I want to play with, and the campaigns mean, that at some point, I'll have a fresh start, to get back in with the group I dropped out from, because of life.

The start mechanic means that I'm not custarded if life happens. That's seriously cool.

The words "Play to Crush" from the creator of Shadowbane was all it took to attract me to this game.

Yup they had me at Play to Crush! But more specifically I liked the fact that the community of people making their ideas known and implemented in ways to make this game a very appealing game had a lot to do with it. Also, being part of the kickstart process makes it exciting to know that "you" "I" "we" helped make this happen. 

~Majestic~

GL of Questionable Motives

"I don't do touchy, feely....I do scratchy, bleedy"

I've been looking for a game with a truly immersive player driven world. DayZ filled that void for me a little bit. That feeling you get when you know you are being hunted by other players trying to kill you and take everything you own is the best thing in the world. Sitting back and looking at all the stuff you have stolen from other people is amazingly satisfying. As of right now I am playing Archeage, where you can craft valuable "trade packs" and transport them to other points in the world, BUT, you can be killed by ANY other player at many points throughout the sometimes 30 minute journeys. 

What attracted me to this game is the fact that your actions will have real consequence.  I'm happy to see that if we blow a hole in the enemies base, the hole stays there, that the burning building will become ash, not magically reappear 20 minutes later.  Also giant world pvp battles sounds great.

FULL PLAYER LOOTING!!

That is the main reason im here!!

Player looting brings so much to MMO's!!!  Been waiting for a game like this for years and years..........

dulpoa76627.png

Play2crush.com resonated very well with me and is why I'm here... then I found out the who and what for Crowfall and it was a no brainer.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

The main thing that bores me about PvP in other games are the usually static maps. Once you learn the best way around the tactics never change. Hopefully the Dying Worlds concept here will make things chaotic enough so that it never gets stale.

The thing I'm most excited about, actually, is the idea of dedicated support roles/crafting/gathering. Don't get me wrong... I'm in for my fair share of fighting, as well. But, just a well-done huge, pure combat war would be awesome... but actually having a robust player economy and not just "a whole bunch of players selling items they have in their possession" would be amazing. That, and just having there be so much more to such a large-scale conflict than "everyone attack!"

But, more in general, I'm just super excited about the concept of the game, and why it's doing differently what it's doing differently. I wish I could just sit in on all ACE's meetings, and listen to Todd talk about why his design is the way it is. He, and the whole team, are SO passionate about this! It's not a product to them. It's a piece of artwork. And they're just having to deal with the fact that it just so happens to also be a product. The focus doesn't seem to be on getting us to buy/play the game, but instead, on just making us want to. :)

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

FULL PLAYER LOOTING!!

That is the main reason im here!!

Player looting brings so much to MMO's!!!  Been waiting for a game like this for years and years..........

hopefully you're not the type who's all for full looting until you're the one getting looted

that's how we got limitations put in UO ^^;;;;;;

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out