Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Misunderstanding?

PoopHat

So i have a legitimate question, though alcohol infused, is still baffling me. When i watch videos and crowfall interviews on youtube, i notice there are hundreds or thousands of viewers. Maybe its just my excitement, but shouldnt there be more? Alot of these interviews have a few hundred or thousand+ at a time, but i feel like these should be getting more attention (even in unreleased pre-alpha state). Honestly, if i flexed my networking skills, i could pull in a few hundred on my first day, thousands over a little time.

Why do crowfall videos seem to have such little exposure? Am i missing a media outlet? Am i not seeing something obvious?

Whats leading me to this question is "what kind of online marketing budget are they using for videos?".

Tldr: in all seriousness, im not complaining, but crowfall videos have a drastically low amount of viewers. Am i missing something? Im mega drunk, please enlighten me.

nap8S2r.pnghttp://youtube.com/multimegawatts subscribe for Crowfall videos!

People are tired of following games before there is an actual game to play.  There are always many mmorpgs in development, and you can't get excited over every one that is 2 years away. 

People are tired of following games before there is an actual game to play.  There are always many mmorpgs in development, and you can't get excited over every one that is 2 years away. 

People love following games before there is actual play to be had, look at all of us!

Edited by Adall

People love following games before there is actual play to be had, look at all of us!

True plays don't need proof or footage. The forum posters tell its worth.

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

A tiny minority of gamers are following this game currently. 

A tiny minority of gamers are following this game currently. 

if only if there were much more many people

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I do watch interviews and crowfall videos getting so excited every update and open my e-mail like crazy everyday.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

the amount of viewers (about 5k per video) is ok. look at landmark for example. it had a huge, old company behind it. they made a really big hype about the game. they had masses of players, playing the game one and a half year during alpa and closed beta. crowfall is a new company, not much money, no ingame experiences for players, pre-alpha. nevertheless the official videos of landmark have less viewers than those from crowfall. i would say we are on a good way. we surely we have to keep on walking. ;)

Crowfall is a small nichè game in a large gaming industry, and there isnt even any actual gamingfootage out yet.

Alot of people dont want to invest time or money into a game before they see actual gameplay, and the amount of games coming out of kickstarter and greenlight does water out the pool of new players.

Edited by zinnie

dang. not tiny, not minority -- a tiny minority.

Correct... gw2 fanbase is a minority in the industry, but crowfalls minority is much smaller than gw2's minority...

I'm glad you understood it, i'm proud of you. 

It's weird because we're a kind of quiet community overall, in the sense that we're not flooding Youtube / mmorpg.com / facebook etc. with posts / likes.

But when it really matters we make a lot of noise (#1 on mmorpg.com , 15th biggest KS video game , etc.).

I think it's the way to go.  :P

Correct... gw2 fanbase is a minority in the industry, but crowfalls minority is much smaller than gw2's minority...

I'm glad you understood it, i'm proud of you. 

Wow, sheen condescended to you. He must want you to feel REALLY low.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Wow, sheen condescended to you. He must want you to feel REALLY low.

Hmm... i hope he didn't misinterpret things as much as you seem to have.