Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Starting a new pc build, is this going be worth it?

Mox

hello there

A quick update about the build!

• Monitor: Asus rog swift pg27aq (IPS or any good monitor by 2016 60hz~75hz or if they achieved 4k IPS @144hz at 4ms respond time)
  • RAM: HyperX Predator DDR4 32GB 3000Mhz or (till price drop for corsair dominator platinum)
  • Boot storage: 256GB SSD with high read/write speed.
  • Gaming storage: 1TB or 2TB SSD with high read/write speed.
  • Media storage: 4TB to 6TB HDD 7200 rpm or 10000 rpm.
  • CPU cooler: going to use water cooling.

TBA

• Processor: waiting till 2016 hardware reviews 
  • Motherboard: TBA
  • GPU: waiting till I confirm nvidia pascal gpu is the real technology for gaming :), if not then you know it's another disappointment.
  • Case: TBA (going look for cases that i can do 2x loops water cooling split to the system)
  • Power Supply: TBA 1200 watt or less

Something bought by me or donated by someone

For GPU/CPU going full water cooling for extreme OC.

This build expected to be fully be bought and build by may,june or july 2016 or whenever everything that i want is out with real-time results.

Parts that will be replaced in 2017 is the motherboard for PCIE 4.0 if it have x4 PCIE 4.0

Regards Mox.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

*whistle*

Yeah, you're not gonna have any problem running Star Citizen, let alone Crowfall (which is notably lower-spec). My only concern would be the GPUs, mostly because Titans run notoriously hot and SLI configurations are notoriously finicky. A rig like that would easily carry you through to 2020, and probably only start showing its age around 2025.

That's one hell of a computer.

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

My opinion: go outside. See the sights. Breathe. Maybe have lunch at a cozy cafe. Ponder life. Engage in a hobby. Then come back and decide if you really want to spend > $6000 on a computer. It basically looks to me as though you went and found the most expensive components you could find and slapped them into a machine. Do you really need that? What will you be using it for?

Well , it seems you have alot of money to i wont advice you to buy 5930K which is more cost-efficent.

Yes, this build would be heavily incomplete without water cooling. It needs very good water cooling system with 2 radiators in it, my advice is connecting pumps to GPU's first then CPU's second, since CPU wont require as much cooling as GPU's need. Or you can buy something like corsair h100i gtx for cpu and make GPU's have their own water loop.

The monitor is very bad choice, especially for this setup. You must buy 4k so i advice you to either wait for asus rog swift pg27aq or buy this one 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-28-Inch-Definition-Monitor-U28D590D/dp/B00IEZGWI2/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431681180&sr=1-3&keywords=samsung+4k

Above one is significanlty cheaper but since you are going to game at 4K , gsync might come in handly

About storage, i would advice you to buy an m.2 pcie ssd for booting and raid0 2 - 1TB ssd's for general storage.

The power supply you have chosen, i apogalize but it is uber garbage. That system needs AX1500i

Edited by Eren

*whistle*

Yeah, you're not gonna have any problem running Star Citizen, let alone Crowfall (which is notably lower-spec). My only concern would be the GPUs, mostly because Titans run notoriously hot and SLI configurations are notoriously finicky. A rig like that would easily carry you through to 2020, and probably only start showing its age around 2025.

That's one hell of a computer.

Planning to run every single game @60fps 4k. well hopefully Titan x do it's job and shine there.

My opinion: go outside. See the sights. Breathe. Maybe have lunch at a cozy cafe. Ponder life. Engage in a hobby. Then come back and decide if you really want to spend > $6000 on a computer. It basically looks to me as though you went and found the most expensive components you could find and slapped them into a machine. Do you really need that? What will you be using it for?

I've been saving but it's a bit stressful now since I am like want to upgrade my pledge or keep the money and use it for the new pc build.

What I want to achieve OC GPU/CPU & 4K Gaming Very High or Ultra settings every new or old games that support 4k @ 50 - 70 fps maybe*

tho it's around 6425$ without monitor and headset from where i live.

Well , it seems you have alot of money to i wont advice you to buy 5930K which is more cost-efficent.

Yes, this build would be heavily incomplete without water cooling. It needs very good water cooling system with 2 radiators in it, my advice is connecting pumps to GPU's first then CPU's second, since CPU wont require as much cooling as GPU's need. Or you can buy something like corsair h100i gtx for cpu and make GPU's have their own water loop.

The monitor is very bad choice, especially for this setup. You must buy 4k so i advice you to either wait for asus rog swift pg27aq or buy this one 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-28-Inch-Definition-Monitor-U28D590D/dp/B00IEZGWI2/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431681180&sr=1-3&keywords=samsung+4k

Above one is significanlty cheaper but since you are going to game at 4K , gsync might come in handly

About storage, i would advice you to buy an m.2 pcie ssd for booting and raid0 2 - 1TB ssd's for general storage.

The power supply you have chosen, i apogalize but it is uber garbage. That system needs AX1500i

I was planning to wait for Asus rog swift pg27aq, I have my old samsung 1080p atm 1ms refresh rate but no g-sync.

I'll be look at m.2 pcie ssd.

Thanks guys .

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Hey guys, I bought a Ferrari....do you think it's fast?

I have a ridiculous build as well, and I'll tell you it only takes 1 titan x to run 4k. Air cooling with that setup shouldn't even be considered when everything is meant to be over clocked? CPU is super overkill, but you have the best of everything else so sure go for it.

I still think that 4k is just not viable now and I would rather have 3x 1440p running Ultra.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I have a ridiculous build as well, and I'll tell you it only takes 1 titan x to run 4k. 

whats the fun in having a gonzo pc tho?

we all know real gamers have multiple titans in their rigs already, since titan prices are quite low atm.

Edited by zinnie

I have a ridiculous build as well, and I'll tell you it only takes 1 titan x to run 4k. Air cooling with that setup shouldn't even be considered when everything is meant to be over clocked? CPU is super overkill, but you have the best of everything else so sure go for it.

I still think that 4k is just not viable now and I would rather have 3x 1440p running Ultra.

3x 1440p is more demanding then 4k

3x 1440p is more demanding then 4k

30% more. 11mp to 8.2mp. If you look at most benchmarks Titan x SLI handles 4k pretty well on 1 monitor. Just saying if I was going to shoot for something I'd rather see it push 3x monitors than 1. I guess i worded it incorrectly.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I'll try 2x Titan x SLI with 3x 1440p  monitors running games at ultra settings sometime in the road.

PoBwE.gif

Exactly this is what middle east business men do.. haha.

30% more. 11mp to 8.2mp. If you look at most benchmarks Titan x SLI handles 4k pretty well on 1 monitor. Just saying if I was going to shoot for something I'd rather see it push 3x monitors than 1. I guess i worded it incorrectly.

I prefer single monitors, but wouldnt mind a curved one :P

think that matters or just a gimmick?

I think that matters, if the curve angle is properly done each point in monitor will be of equal distance to your eyes and light will always come with 90^angle, that might help alot. Needs testing :/ but surely will improve the view quality

I think that matters, if the curve angle is properly done each point in monitor will be of equal distance to your eyes and light will always come with 90^angle, that might help alot. Needs testing :/ but surely will improve the view quality

Curve monitor is that good tho? never owned one 

think that matters or just a gimmick?

My prediction is a gimmick that won't catch on.

Curve monitor is that good tho? never owned one 

Well, linus really liked it. Theoratically it should make looking at your monitor look as if you were looking into another dimension from a window. Currently since angle varies alot your perception of the image quality is bad.

But really, one must test it before buying it. If you have a friend or something , use it for a day and make your decision. Because its not really something you can experiance on store by looking at it for 5 munites.

• 2 weeks later...