Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrteed

In regards to the "RULES"

Is there going to be in game bans like these forums bans for using profanity, or trolling to provoke an emotional response? If this game is intended for a PG audience I think that information should be released ASAP.

The whole game will be banned for trolling if it's in game. Trolling can be moderated on the forums, not in game. I do think they will not tolerate profanity in game. Which will be interesting if everyone's reported for asterisks or someone removes their own profanity filter and then can't handle the lack of a filter.

They might also contemplate a method to deal with harassing and griefing. Us SB'ers might not know the difference between griefing and PvP lol. Welcome MrTeed :D

It was possible to get banned in SB for language.  A certain player would /who me all day and night and send me really colorful tells.  I saved them all and made an awesome montage that I sent to SBG.

They got a nice time out. 

Profanity gets hit by a filter, but straight up constant chat abuse and harassment will likely have a point to where you'll get banned.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Everyone I've spoken with today is banned already from these forums. Seems like a great start to this game.  *thumbs up*

If they ban people for trolling and e-harassment then they shouldn't even release a game that appeals to people from SB.

Edited by mrteed

Everyone I've spoken with today is banned already from these forums. Seems like a great start to this game.  *thumbs up*

Need to speak to more people then, or is this you showing up playing the victim card until you get banned so you can fit in?

Edited by agelmar

nAd1VPD.png

Thanks for your input. Glad to see you provided information on my question.

It's a dumb question that there isn't an answer to yet.  

nAd1VPD.png

Well there must be someone out there monitoring these forums that can answer it. Someone is removing access from certain people. Why can't the same person shed some light? Is there going to be no blood in the game because it's PG rated? Girls wearing head to toe coverings because people are upset their 10 year old is seeing a cartoon characters leg? I want to know or have some actual input on what might be happening here. Not some wanna be troll trying to be in the spot light after people have been banned.

The original poster is me, not someone hiding under an alias. You're welcome to come speak with in a voice comm. I'm apart of a guild with quite a few people who have been banned and I'd like to know what people are getting into. But thank you for actually responding to the question, gives me a good idea.

Q: Will i get banned in-game for profanity?

A: No

Q: Will I get banned in-game for breaking rules that most mmo's adopt in their code of conduct

A: Yes, most certainly. This includes harassment, xenophobic and anti-Semitic remarks. 

Q: Why is there a difference in policy? 

A: The forums are designed for constructive discussion and criticism, this is hard to do when a person joins the discussion with the intent to hurl abuse or derail the thread.The game is more about the act of playing, there will be methods to block players and likely an optional profanity filter.

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Will there be some kind of anti-griefing policy in game? Just being on topic....while it hasn't been discussed for content (and you can ignore if it's part of the content to be released) whether or not there'd be some kind of UO style pk/anti-pk thing....Is there going to be a punishment for griefing players? My list is short, but killing the same player over and over, epic kill stealing, etc.

I think some people are just looking for a second chance to be a part of the community.

We've (SB folk) are used to a very brutal boards where a lot is/was allowed.

I'm genuinely confused. Why was my question deleted?

We were told people were getting unbanned.

I tried to make a "Chet is off his meds again" joke and it got deleted.

Inside joke.  He would spam that on server global chat on Mourning.  Over.. and over.. and over again.

nAd1VPD.png

Will there be some kind of anti-griefing policy in game? Just being on topic....while it hasn't been discussed for content (and you can ignore if it's part of the content to be released) whether or not there'd be some kind of UO style pk/anti-pk thing....Is there going to be a punishment for griefing players? My list is short, but killing the same player over and over, epic kill stealing, etc.

This is one of those things we'll find the right answer a little further down the road. There are too many factors to lock down right now that either make it intended gameplay or abuse. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

If I can't e-harass people on a PvP game then I'm going to assume it's directed more at a PG audience. You play a rated M game, you would never be banned for anything you say. I'm just curious. I will just stay away from the game all together if it's intended for a younger audience.

I tried to make a "Chet is off his meds again" joke and it got deleted.

Inside joke.  He would spam that on server global chat on Mourning.  Over.. and over.. and over again.

my bad...iirc i started that particular Joke early on when i first met Chet and he was hanging around King's Cross a lot, griefing and getting runes

little did i know how appropos my half in Jest diagnosis was.... we got along pretty decently then

i'm guessing the meds ran out or something....

moar on Topic, i'm glad to see the flex between Forums and in Game....all PvP can be considered trolling, especially the ganking...and the griefing...and the /emotes.....and the hate tells....and the....

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...