Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrteed

In regards to the "RULES"

You play a rated M game, you would never be banned for anything you say. I'm just curious.

False. Even M-rated games have strict policies when it comes to harassment and verbal abuse. They might be more lenient towards profanity, but those are two very different things.

If you're here to "e-harass" people, you're probably going to want to go back to your corner of the internet and save yourself the trouble.

False. Even M-rated games have strict policies when it comes to harassment and verbal abuse. They might be more lenient towards profanity, but those are two very different things.

If you're here to "e-harass" people, you're probably going to want to go back to your corner of the internet and save yourself the trouble.

This. Having worked with plenty of people on M rated games, they do not just let anything fly. 

We're going for a more mature audience, we haven't got an official rating for the game just yet. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Are the people who are currently banned still going have access on their beta accounts?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Well in regards to Call of Duty, rated M, I'm sure that Youtube has 100,000s of clips with harassment and verbal abuse like no other. Been playing it for years saying whatever I can think of with 0 bans. I'm here to play a game based around PvP. If I can't bug people, call them out of being an inferior player if I beat them, then that defeats the purpose for me. 

Thanks for that Tully. I can see how strict the forums are based on a warning for calling someone a troll. 

So in theory, let's say a 1 vs 1 PvP fight. Someone says you're no good at this game I challenge you. We *duel* I win. I go on for 5 minutes saying how they're trash and should quit the game and so forth. That's basically harassing them and that seems to be frowned upon in a game aimed at a mature audience?

Maybe it won't be enforced in game as much as the boards with the people to report every other post. I'd just like to get all my facts together before I pay for a game where I will be banished for doing what a lot of players do in a PvP based game aimed at an older audience.

Well in regards to Call of Duty, rated M, I'm sure that Youtube has 100,000s of clips with harassment and verbal abuse like no other. Been playing it for years saying whatever I can think of with 0 bans. I'm here to play a game based around PvP. If I can't bug people, call them out of being an inferior player if I beat them, then that defeats the purpose for me. 

Thanks for that Tully. I can see how strict the forums are based on a warning for calling someone a troll. 

So in theory, let's say a 1 vs 1 PvP fight. Someone says you're no good at this game I challenge you. We *duel* I win. I go on for 5 minutes saying how they're trash and should quit the game and so forth. That's basically harassing them and that seems to be frowned upon in a game aimed at a mature audience?

Maybe it won't be enforced in game as much as the boards with the people to report every other post. I'd just like to get all my facts together before I pay for a game where I will be banished for doing what a lot of players do in a PvP based game aimed at an older audience.

To be honest, if you were to go on a little e-peen rage regardless of who won and the length was more than 10 seconds long or more than a few messages, I would report you. I don't mind a little trash talk, but I don't have time for ragers who can't enjoy the game and are only there to troll others and be toxic. Just my two cents.

The scenario you list wouldn't likely be referred to as harassment. 

When I say harassment, I mean either repeated perverted comments, real life death threats, etc. Not "Lol you are bad" for a couple of minutes. 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

When I say harassment, I mean either repeated perverted comments, real life death threats, etc. Not "Lol you are bad" for a couple of minutes.

Two thumbs up!

Well in regards to Call of Duty, rated M, I'm sure that Youtube has 100,000s of clips with harassment and verbal abuse like no other. Been playing it for years saying whatever I can think of with 0 bans.

I'm not familiar with Call of Duty's policies specifically, but I doubt their rules allow it. They just have a reporting system that isn't structured well to handle that kind of thing (that and most people simply mute you when you so much as start speaking these days, for that very reason).

While the audience of a Mature-rated game shouldn't be playing if they can't handle the content, you are not that content. You are an outside element providing your own content that could be completely at odds with the vision or rules of the game. Other players want to have a good time, and the devs want to foster the atmosphere they envision. If you're verbally abusing people or otherwise harassing them, you're at odds with those two things.

Basically, abusing others is not something a mature person (i.e. the target audience) would do. A mature person would be well-adjusted enough to both handle the content of the game and interact in an appropriate manner with his or her peers.

And thus enters the IGNORE button...i really dont understand the big deal with this..

X6RBqg7.gif

And thus enters the IGNORE button...i really dont understand the big deal with this..

To clarify, i personally dont go on five minute ragers in tell hell with people, but at the same time it would never cross my mind to go crying to an admin or report it...i would simply /ignore and move on with my life.  

X6RBqg7.gif

Griefing has caused bans on these forums. I'm trying to get the information on what will take place in game. Tully seems to have actually answered my question. Thanks txteclipse for the spot on answer to my original post. Really cleared things up in terms of what I was asking.

Until you get a buddy to start harassing them... and it keeps going? I agree, ignore should be the first deterrent, but what's next?

burninating their City to the ground?

a few times....

could just be me

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

a few times....

could just be me

Excelsior!

True story. Now, let's move on to another thread since it's been answered.

a few times....

could just be me

Excelsior!

And getting more friends to harass them. Example of what starts guild vs guild wars.