Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abel

Working out

that's pretty cheap guys...

for a decent gym you pay 50-60€ per month here

Yeah, I pay ~$50 and I'm close to where valor/mal live...but it's the only clean gym around here with a decent amount of free weights, not a bunch of machines and crossfit hogwash. $10 is hella cheap.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Yeah, I pay ~$50 and I'm close to where valor/mal live...but it's the only clean gym around here with a decent amount of free weights, not a bunch of machines and crossfit hogwash. $10 is hella cheap.

Its Planet Fitness.... sooopa cheap.  I pay the $20 so that I can go to any of them.

I know right but any major bodybuilding site knows who Frank Yang is, and they want to stay away from him. He's crazy, it's very difficult to explain WHY it's ironic in the first place unless you've gone through the events. He just takes it too far, look up BBC squats 8) He has a cult following for some reason, half of it is legit, the other half looks at him as the butt of inside jokes in the wake of Zyzz.... RIP, Zyzz. Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics.

Scooby is well..

Everyone pretty much likes him. A lot of inside jokes involved though, Skateboard Squats is one of those.

Frank and Scooby met up

Jeff pls go.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Can't argue with PlanetFitness.  Not sure how they do it... but I'll use them until they either go under or get shut down for fraud.

I know right but any major bodybuilding site knows who Frank Yang is, and they want to stay away from him. He's crazy, it's very difficult to explain WHY it's ironic in the first place unless you've gone through the events. He just takes it too far, look up BBC squats 8) He has a cult following for some reason, half of it is legit, the other half looks at him as the butt of inside jokes in the wake of Zyzz.... RIP, Zyzz. Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules, Father of Aesthetics.

Scooby is well..

Everyone pretty much likes him. A lot of inside jokes involved though, Skateboard Squats is one of those.

Frank and Scooby met up

Jeff pls go.

Sorry LastBro, gotta disagree with you for once, Scooby is a GD fool and his advise is borderline criminal.

Edited by Abel

Anyone who seriously trains at Planet Fitness needs to check their commitment to training.  I guess if you have no other choice - but I have seen better gyms in cheap hotels.  Crossfit gyms are nice, but way too full of themselves, and way too expensive.  Most communities have an old school place where real work and gains happen - figure out where it is.

Luckily I set myself up in my basement, so I can drop all the weights I want, do any exercise I want, throw chalk around like Tony Montana in Scarface and drink beers while I lift.  Remember, beer is anabolic!

CF_Hap.png

SCOTLAND!

Anyone who seriously trains at Planet Fitness needs to check their commitment to training.  I guess if you have no other choice - but I have seen better gyms in cheap hotels.  Crossfit gyms are nice, but way too full of themselves, and way too expensive.  Most communities have an old school place where real work and gains happen - figure out where it is.

Luckily I set myself up in my basement, so I can drop all the weights I want, do any exercise I want, throw chalk around like Tony Montana in Scarface and drink beers while I lift.  Remember, beer is anabolic!

100% agree with this (maybe not the beer intra-workout)

Edited by Abel

I might be a bit late, but I've been trying out Pilates. I do my best to avoid building muscle, as my body tones up really easily, and while I like muscles on others, personally I would like to just have a smooth frame.

We should do a crowfall weight loss contest. Everyone in buys a $50 backer account, then at the end, whoever loses the most gets gifted them all.

Anyone who seriously trains at Planet Fitness needs to check their commitment to training. I guess if you have no other choice - but I have seen better gyms in cheap hotels. Crossfit gyms are nice, but way too full of themselves, and way too expensive. Most communities have an old school place where real work and gains happen - figure out where it is.

Luckily I set myself up in my basement, so I can drop all the weights I want, do any exercise I want, throw chalk around like Tony Montana in Scarface and drink beers while I lift. Remember, beer is anabolic!

Tbh, I have had memberships at Golds, 24hr fitness and planet fitness. While golds and 24 have some nice things like saunas (god I love the sauna!) the equipment is not much different. Ain't nothing wrong with trying to stay healthy for $10, imo. If I wanted to lift competitively again I'd find other powerlifters to work out with 'cause it's a lot more work than just getting gains, bro. Also, there's no reason to drop weights. Controlling it down is better. Drop a weight at a USAPL competition and you'll be disqualified. HTH, Mr. Judgmental. Edited by mal

Sorry LastBro, gotta disagree with you for once, Scooby is a GD fool and his advise is borderline criminal.

But he is

100%

natty.

Cmon, Skateboard squats are the best way to get your quads bulging brah. Even  better if you do it on an exercise ball for balance~

Never said his advice was great btw, just that people like him because it's easy to give tr0ll advice to newcomers. Skateboard Squats is obviously one of those as it is infamous for that reason.

Also this really happened

2j4x7b4.jpg

That's just about the craziest goddamn thing I've ever seen. 

You're welcome :)

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Tbh, I have had memberships at Golds, 24hr fitness and planet fitness. While golds and 24 have some nice things like saunas (god I love the sauna!) the equipment is not much different. Ain't nothing wrong with trying to stay healthy for $10, imo. If I wanted to lift competitively again I'd find other powerlifters to work out with 'cause it's a lot more work than just getting gains, bro. Also, there's no reason to drop weights. Controlling it down is better. Drop a weight at a USAPL competition and you'll be disqualified. HTH, Mr. Judgmental.

Don't disagree with you. And I was being a little extreme to try to be funny. But yeah, deadlifts.

CF_Hap.png

SCOTLAND!

Don't disagree with you. And I was being a little extreme to try to be funny. But yeah, deadlifts.

I've been yelled at a time or two for dropping the bar on a deadlift PR.

If you can't control the bar back down you're not doing it right!  

Ye' probably wear perdy li'l gloves while yer lifting, too.  Buncha' Nancies.