Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fortification concepts released! - Official discussion thread

...and remember, strongholds are portable! You can drop multiple strongholds in your Eternal Kingdom or join forces with other players to combine your strongholds into a single larger EK (and seamlessly run from your CASTLE to your friend's FORT!)

Out of curiosity I would still need the parcels to support the castle to fort concept right?

I.e. Still need to place parcels to support the upkeep of both fort and castle.

Also love the concept art. Excited for the ks ones I am.

while services and other rewards (i.e. the exclusive monthly Q&A with ACE, Happy Hour invitations, etc.) will be locked to the original account.

So we won't be able to trade-in the Launch Party invite? If this is the case I'm not going to upgrade to Ruby which I was thinking about doing next month. I can't afford traveling to the US from The Netherlands for just a party.

Also, will we able to buy the custom guild banner in the Ruby pledge as a single purchase? I'm interested in that for sure.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I would love to see a comparison of the different sized buildings. Also, I wonder if we'll be able to modify the material from which our fortifications are made. I want to upgrade mine to stone- so it won't be burned down with ease.

I'm comparing today's announcement with the FAQ and with KS.

Estate

• S:  --
  • M:  --
  • L:  --

Fort (ification) - has concept art... For Sale in store

• S ($20):  Gold ($175)
  • M ($27):  Amber ($250)
  • L ($35):  --

Keep - has updated concept art... For Sale in store

• S ($50):  --
  • M ($60):  --
  • L ($75):  --

Castle

• S:  Sapphire ($500)
  • M:  Ruby ($1000)
  • L:  Emerald ($2.5k)

Citadel

• Diamond ($5k)

Palace

• Bloodstone ($10k)

Note that Fortress is still listed in the FAQ, but seems to be intentionally removed in today's announcements.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

Nice. I especially like the male AND female outhouses away from the rest of the fortresses, with catwalks to access them no less!

The horns on the large fortress are also an obvious selling point.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Good to know that a lot of past questions on keeps on web store are now cleared up! Thank you for the update ACE! The 2015 concept looked fantastic and I can't wait to see how the KS version will differ cosmetically. Perhaps release of cosmetic section on webstore will be able to tell us more.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Is the 7-cell H still the (tentative?) cell footprint for the Keep? Have you decided on cell footprints for Forts and Castles at this point, and can you share if so?

If a resource parcel is placed between and adjacent to 2 different strongholds, does it convey its bonus to both of them or do you declare one parent stronghold to own the resource parcel?

Whats the intention for how "tax free parcels" from the kickstarter bundles will work? Can we declare any X parcels to be taxfree, or are we given a specific set of taxfree parcels, or does "X tax-free parcels" actually mean "X cells worth of tax free parcels", or what?

When you log into a large EK, does everyone spawn in the same central location, or can you choose to spawn in your own province, your favorite market, etc?

Are relic display structures cell-scale parcels, or lot-scale buildings? If a barracks is its own parcel, does its blessing benefit tenants directly on that parcel, or does it work as a support parcel for a stronghold nearby? If a barracks goes on lots within a stronghold parcel, should we expect that it will take up a significant fraction of that parcel's buildable space?

Can a single reliquary house multiple artifacts?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Is the 7-cell H still the (tentative?) cell footprint for the Keep? Have you decided on cell footprints for Forts and Castles at this point, and can you share if so?

In the shop, the Keep still has the H 7-cell parcel image, so I guess it's unchanged. And for the Fort, it shows a Z 5-cell parcel image.

Edited by courant101

Any Kickstarter backer who *prefers* the 2015 version of their stronghold can trade in their Kickstarter stronghold for store credit, and then use that credit to buy a 2015 version. If you trade for the same size (i.e. trade in a KS SMALL for a 2015 SMALL), there is no additional cost. If you want to trade-in your SMALL for a MEDIUM or your FORT for a KEEP, you will get full retail Crowfall Store credit for that trade-in, and then only have to pay the difference for the desired upgrade. If you have a Kickstarter pledge package, you'll always have the option to pick the Kickstarter-exclusive versions of strongholds if they are available at the stronghold level you want to buy.

That's a brilliant idea ACE and I'm sure thousand people appreciate it who prefer the look of the other stronghold.

Thank you for that ACE and keep up the good work!

t70C8a9.png     "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."  - Albert Einstein

"If you have a Kickstarter pledge package, you'll always have the option to pick the Kickstarter-exclusive versions of strongholds if they are available at the stronghold level you want to buy."

So does this mean that if someone gifted me a kickstarter package at silver or bronze level or something around there I would later (after game release) be able to buy/build castles or palaces in the kickstarter skin?

Edited by HermaeusMora

x9M7iWc.png?1

What are you fortifying against in the 100% safe, no PvP allowed, EKs?

Shouldn't it be more like UO housing - from a hut to a palace. All non-military, because you don't get attacked.

Edited by Sinij

"If you have a Kickstarter pledge package, you'll always have the option to pick the Kickstarter-exclusive versions of strongholds if they are available at the stronghold level you want to buy."

So does this mean that if someone gifted me a kickstarter package at silver or bronze level or something around there I would later (after game release) be able to buy/build castles or palaces in the kickstarter skin?

Yes.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook