Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Harder, Faster, Stronger, Better - Official discussion thread

Thanks for the info.   I appreciate the honesty and clarity.

I reserve the right to grumble about changes while also maintaining that ACE has the right to do whatever is needed to forward the development of the game.   Sort of an "oh great they've changed the Elken to a Llama and that sucks but hey - Elkens are trademarked and wth Llama's have a cool spit skill" kind of thing.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Its life. I'll get over it eventually. I do like the options of compensation at least though. When I backed I know the game is still in development and alot of things will be in flux. Failing that, can always submit it for a refund and pick up another sound track to add to my oddly growing collection.

I cannot believe that ACE is changing a concept after they sold it for real currency to the backers that have supported their project from day one. This is absolutely unacceptable and only forebodes to future game design changes for the worst.

Just kidding.

Looks great, an improvement even. Good job.

-The TroII Patrol

Edited by primal

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Will we have the ability to individually buy each of the different "castles" (including Forts, palaces, etc.) before the 2015/Kickstarter timer runs out? I am interested in upgrading my pledge regardless but would like to see what would suit my interests best if possible. Instead of upgrading to an Amber for the 6 years of VIP, could I get a small castle/palace for the hundred or so I would pay anyway? I am sure the palaces won't all go for 10k but it might be nice to get a price tag on every building. Like if a house is $5, mansions $30, an average parcel is $10, etc.

I really didn't expect anything different; I mean, it's a concept that was granted as a backer reward. At the end of the day, we're still getting pretty much the same thing.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

Will we need a divine temple for the reliquary, thrall priests and sacrificing artifacts?

Would an artifact or relic that is tied to a particular god give a stronger buff when used in a temple dedicated to that god?

Would a pre-built temple give any better buffs than a player-constructed temple?

I like the bigger flying buttresses on the medium and large keeps' towers. Of course the weakest points are still the walls furthest from the towers.

And the large keep's barbican and portcullis are a major improvement.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

UWMsH9c.png?1

yBeTytm.png?1

I loveeee those castles! The new version of the medium and large Keeps look stronger!

I'd actually like it if the large keep got a second story, some kind of citadel overlooking the rest of the fort. A keep within a keep, if you will.

Edited by Psyentific

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Will we need a divine temple for the reliquary, thrall priests and sacrificing artifacts?

Would an artifact or relic that is tied to a particular god give a stronger buff when used in a temple dedicated to that god?

Would a pre-built temple give any better buffs than a player-constructed temple?

I like the bigger flying buttresses on the medium and large keeps' towers. Of course the weakest points are still the walls furthest from the towers.

And the large keep's barbican and portcullis are a major improvement.

It would be a really cool idea I think! The exclusive D'Orion statue from Kickstarter could give some extra benefits if placed in a temple dedicated to him.

I'd actually like it if the large keep got a second story, some kind of citadel overlooking the rest of the fort. A keep within a keep, if you will.

Yea, that could be helpful to see farther, if it's high enough. And it could give an advantage during siege, with the keep inside of the keep, as you mentioned.

Maybe if you bought two for the same parcel, the rear towers could sprout walls between them, the inside parapet walls could be 50% higher, and the palace could take up the inside square (of 9). Or you could just buy 2 and build the rest with campaign spoils.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Maybe if you bought two for the same parcel, the rear towers could sprout walls between them, the inside parapet walls could be 50% higher, and the palace could take up the inside square (of 9). Or you could just buy 2 and build the rest with campaign spoils.

Or maybe if I really splurged and bought the next tier up from a Keep.

That is a great approach, customer friendly and it would gain the trust of the people. Spending reallife money on virtual goods is not supported by some groups of people. This approach would even make the mini transactions desirable.... and part of the mini-game.